NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers

Is it pretty much official that Zach Hamil is a bust? I've seen him 2x's with the big club & he didn't look "terrible". He made some great passes I thought & a couple where he threaded the needle. Which apparently vision is his game. Is it possible that the kid just hasn't had the right chemistry with the right players? I mean for the B's to draft the kid 8th overall in this day & age where you can find out who took a dump & what he ate for his last meal type of technolgy. Is it that he can't play in the NHL for anybody; or is it the B's. I mean even Nate Thompson seems like he found a home in TBay. What's the real grade on this guy? I apologize if I'm asking you to repeat yourselves that you may have said on other threads; but I never really paid too much attention to him. He's a center right? Could he be used on the wing like a St. Louis?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers

gonna have to disagree about his time on the big club (i don't watch providence) , he looked invisible, content, and more significantly, weak on the puck. Sure he made some nice passes in the neutral zone, but he couldn't get the puck out of the defensive zone and was man-handled in the corners. You've seen how claude treated Seguin, there is absolutely no way hamill will be a bruin. If you have to tell someone for 3+ AHL seasons to bulk up and he still doesn't, I think its time to cut bait. (he is generously listed as 180 lbs on the prov website)

As far as other teams, I'm just not sure there is a market for weak centers with marginal playmaking ability. He'll have to put up a lot bigger numbers to get a look. Where would you put him? no one would take him on the 4th line (faceoffs, strong-D, penalty killers), do you think he'd make the third line of any team in the NHL? IMO the max the bruins would get for him would be "future considerations" (if that is even possible) or a swap for another underachiever.

but regardless, there are more qualified opinions on these boards, I haven't watched much/any AHL this past season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers:
    [QUOTE]gonna have to disagree about his time on the big club (i don't watch providence) , he looked invisible, content, and more significantly, weak on the puck. Sure he made some nice passes in the neutral zone, but he couldn't get the puck out of the defensive zone and was man-handled in the corners. You've seen how claude treated Seguin, there is absolutely no way hamill will be a bruin. If you have to tell someone for 3+ AHL seasons to bulk up and he still doesn't, I think its time to cut bait. (he is generously listed as 180 lbs on the prov website) As far as other teams, I'm just not sure there is a market for weak centers with marginal playmaking ability. He'll have to put up a lot bigger numbers to get a look. Where would you put him? no one would take him on the 4th line (faceoffs, strong-D, penalty killers), do you think he'd make the third line of any team in the NHL? IMO the max the bruins would get for him would be "future considerations" (if that is even possible) or a swap for another underachiever. but regardless, there are more qualified opinions on these boards, I haven't watched much/any AHL this past season.
    Posted by Olsonicator[/QUOTE]

Well he wasnt that invisible because he got 2 points in 4 games with limited ice time! I don't know where I'd put him! You're judging the guy on 4 games with the Big club! Which isn't fair! I asked specifically for people who have watched the Prov B's for a reason? No offence; but I'll take my own value as what I see as a player over four games over yours! Hence the reason I asked for posters that have ACTUALLY seen him in 20-100 games over the past 3 seasons. Sorry but this particular thread didn't pertain to you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Nitemare:  YOU could probably get a point if you played 4 games for the B's, so don't let those 2 points influence you.  Olsonicator is 100% correct about him  And no, Hamill cannot play the wing.  I've seen Hamill numerous times in person the past 3 years, he's progressed a bit, but nowhere near enough.  Check out his stats.  The majority of AHL forwards need to be averaging one point per game to show they're ready to make the jump; Hamill's not close.   

(For that matter, neither is Caron, yet people continue to bring him up.  Talk about "invisible"...no heart, not fast, not physical, doesn't skate well, lousy stats...maybe the B's think he needs more time to grow into his body...or adjust his mental outlook, we'll see.)   

As for other teams, they all know what Hamill's about, which means there won't be much of a market for him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Hamill's slow development allowed him to be by-passed by the addition of Kelly and Peverly. In addition, his lack of bulking up is probably genetic, and while he is  in great shape, he just hasn't grown and indicates why any draft has it's failures. This Bruins team doesn't NEED any more center ice men unless Savvy can come back fully free of problems. Seguin will be on the wing, and Spooner show how he can compete against Pro players in Providence, and as noted above, score consistently. So far it appears that Sauve has the best scoring touch plus exceptional speed, but, can he step up to the NHL physical style as played by the Bruins?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Just re-checked the " Development" roster and none of the Providence players are on there, so, this is purely Don Sweeney's evaluation camp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Zac has two problems.  One, he isn't that good and two, he plays center.  His skills don't adapt well to wing, so it's hard for him to get a chance with the Bruins.  I thought he didn't look bad in his games with Boston, but they simply have better options.  He might play in the NHL, but it will probably be elsewhere. He has a strong mental game, but the Bruins have players with that plus outstanding physical talents as well.  He's probably not good enough to be on a contender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Nite, I was busting your chops on an earlier post but ... I will say that I've learned a lot about the organization from some of the more thoughtful commenters here. Of course there are trolls but some pretty earnest discussion here too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : Well he wasnt that invisible because he got 2 points in 4 games with limited ice time! I don't know where I'd put him! You're judging the guy on 4 games with the Big club! Which isn't fair! I asked specifically for people who have watched the Prov B's for a reason? No offence; but I'll take my own value as what I see as a player over four games over yours! Hence the reason I asked for posters that have ACTUALLY seen him in 20-100 games over the past 3 seasons. Sorry but this particular thread didn't pertain to you!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I pointed that out..... twice. No need to be priggish about who posts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers:[QUOTE] I thought he didn't look bad in his games with Boston, but they simply have better options.  He might play in the NHL, but it will probably be elsewhere. He has a strong mental game, but the Bruins have players with that plus outstanding physical talents as well.  He's probably not good enough to be on a contender. Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

This is a good evaluation of what I was thinking as well. Funny I watched the replay of all the 14 goals in the Bruins-Shabs February slugfest and had forgotten Zack had an amazing assist to Ryder in that game. He's not a bust yet because he is still playing.

Hamill is in the last year of his EL contract so this is it for him. Again I agree that Zach has the hockey smarts but the Bruins are loaded with centers who can also play wing so he might play in the NHL but just not here. I'm actually going to pull for him this year he has nothing to lose but quite a bit to gain.

PS. Nite, Next time as a suggestion you might want to put "Hamill makes it to the NHL yah or nah" as the post title. If anyone on this board is capable of evaluating a center it would be Ols.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : I'm pretty sure I pointed that out..... twice. No need to be priggish about who posts.

LOL Priggish; or smug! Look; not saying you're wrong about the guy. I just think where you said you didn't see the Prov B's play & judging a guy over 4 games is pretty hard to do. I mean Crosby didn't get a point until his 5th game; or maybe it was his goal. Either way; I don't know about Hamil at all except what I seen & it wasn't much. So; sorry for being "priggish"; but that's why I asked specifically for the posters that have seen the guy more than 4 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]gonna have to disagree about his time on the big club (i don't watch providence) , he looked invisible, content, and more significantly, weak on the puck. Sure he made some nice passes in the neutral zone, but he couldn't get the puck out of the defensive zone and was man-handled in the corners. You've seen how claude treated Seguin, there is absolutely no way hamill will be a bruin. If you have to tell someone for 3+ AHL seasons to bulk up and he still doesn't, I think its time to cut bait. (he is generously listed as 180 lbs on the prov website) As far as other teams, I'm just not sure there is a market for weak centers with marginal playmaking ability. He'll have to put up a lot bigger numbers to get a look. Where would you put him? no one would take him on the 4th line (faceoffs, strong-D, penalty killers), do you think he'd make the third line of any team in the NHL? IMO the max the bruins would get for him would be "future considerations" (if that is even possible) or a swap for another underachiever. but regardless, there are more qualified opinions on these boards, I haven't watched much/any AHL this past season.
    Didn't Seguin have a little bit of this as well? Hence the reason for his benching? Not trying to argue here; you could bang on with your assessment; but I guess I'd prefer to hear from others who actually seen the guy play in person more than 4 times.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : Didn't Seguin have a little bit of this as well? Hence the reason for his benching? Not trying to argue here; you could bang on with your assessment; but I guess I'd prefer to hear from others who actually seen the guy play in person more than 4 times.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

My posting in this thread in no way prohibits other people from posting... which makes your opposition to it "priggish". Whatever though, maybe you can join a Google++ circle for Providence Bruins watchers?

That's really my point. Since Hamill isn't anywhere near Seguin offensively, he can't expect to be as soft defensively and have teams tolerate it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Plain & Simple, Hamil = Bust!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

There's just too much depth at C in Boston for Hamill to have a future here, unless you think he'll displace Krejci, Bergeron, or Seguin, not to mention Kelly, Pevs, and Campbell.

This year is his last shot to even stay in this oraganization, let alone make the big club. If he's ever going to be a player for us, he has to show it immediately.

Kind of a side note, I wonder if the Hamill mistake led to a change in PC's drafting philosophy. The Seguin pick aside, PC's other first rounders have been 6'4, 6'5, and 6'5.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]There's just too much depth at C in Boston for Hamill to have a future here, unless you think he'll displace Krejci, Bergeron, or Seguin, not to mention Kelly, Pevs, and Campbell. This year is his last shot to even stay in this oraganization, let alone make the big club. If he's ever going to be a player for us, he has to show it immediately. Kind of a side note, I wonder if the Hamill mistake led to a change in PC's drafting philosophy. The Seguin pick aside, PC's other first rounders have been 6'4, 6'5, and 6'5.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    It sure looks like the last two drafts in the first two rounds, that PC has shifted away from drafting players from Western Canada and the QMJHL, and instead drafted players from the OHL.

Western Canadians drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Hamill and Colborne.

QMJHL players drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Caron and Sauve.

These players have all played in Providence and have not showed much to date.

Seguin, Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton on the other hand, look like they will be ahead of those players, and they're all from the OHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE] In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : It sure looks like the last two drafts in the first two rounds, that PC has shifted away from drafting players from Western Canada and the QMJHL, and instead drafted players from the OHL. Western Canadians drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Hamill and Colborne. QMJHL players drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Caron and Sauve. These players have all played in Providence and have not showed much to date. Seguin, Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton on the other hand, look like they will be ahead of those players, and they're all from the OHL.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about another OHLer drafted this year in the 2nd round Khokhlachev.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers:[QUOTE] In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers :  QMJHL players drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Caron and Sauve. These players have all played in Providence and have not showed much to date. Seguin, Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton on the other hand, look like they will be ahead of those players, and they're all from the OHL.Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

How exactly are "Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton on the other hand, look like they will be ahead of those players" ahead of Sauve and Caron ?

Please elaborate...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : How exactly are "Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton on the other hand, look like they will be ahead of those players" ahead of Sauve and Caron ? Please elaborate...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I know that Knight and Spooner only played 3 games in the AHL, but they both had scoring profiles similar in the limited AHL games that they played in that Marchand and Krejci had in their AHL careers ...that is scoring close to a point per AHL game.

After next season, when they're qualified to play in the AHL, hopefully they will duplicate or better those numbers playing more AHL games.

Caron and Sauve on the other hand, have not averaged anywhere near a point per AHL game... so that's my logic.

As for Hamilton, he's a defenseman, so maybe I shouldn't have compared him with Caron and Sauve. But I've read in places where people think he could be the second coming of a Alex Pietrangelo of St. Louis (2 more years of OHL and then score 43 points in 79 NHL games ...they're both from the same OHL team and had similar stats in their draft years). HFBoards.com has plenty of insights on him by people familiar with his play in the OHL, and their comments seem positive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : My posting in this thread in no way prohibits other people from posting... which makes your opposition to it "priggish". Whatever though, maybe you can join a Google++ circle for Providence Bruins watchers? That's really my point. Since Hamill isn't anywhere near Seguin offensively, he can't expect to be as soft defensively and have teams tolerate it.

OK fine Ols! I'm being priggish...I specifically titled the "priggish" thread for a reason! You seeing the seeing the guy play 4 times compared to others who have seen him 20 or more. And also from others that I have talked to for years on here compared to your 75 posts. I think I'll take the opinions of those that I mentioned ahead of yours anyway. So yea I'm priggish about who's opinion I listen to as well. OK?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Caron and Sauve on the other hand, have not averaged anywhere near a point per AHL game... so that's my logic."

I would agree with that I would like to see Sauve's PPG more than .63 per in the AHL but if you compare his Q stats to Spooner and Knight OHL stats, which is your logic Klass, I'd say very comparable 65 points 70 games in 08' (the year ge was drafted), 76 points in 64 games in 09' and 35 points in 25 games in 10' with another 13 points in 5 games playoff games for Max.

Competition should be fierce in September which is the way it should be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Providence team was quite poor last season.  It's chicken and egg, really.  Did Hamill have a bad year because he's not very good, or did he have a bad year because the guys around him were junk? 

As an NHL rookie, I thought he played fine. 

I don't think he'll be a Boston Bruin, but I do think he'll be an NHL player.  Sometimes guys take a lot longer than others.  Just ask Danny Cleary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBean0-0. Show BostonBean0-0's posts

[QUOTE] In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : It sure looks like the last two drafts in the first two rounds, that PC has shifted away from drafting players from Western Canada and the QMJHL, and instead drafted players from the OHL. Western Canadians drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Hamill and Colborne. QMJHL players drafted in the first 2 rounds under PC's tenure include Caron and Sauve. These players have all played in Providence and have not showed much to date. Seguin, Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton on the other hand, look like they will be ahead of those players, and they're all from the OHL.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

It`s totally the opposite. Since the 2003 Entry Draft. Of all of the young players that are played with the Bruins. There were only four steals.

Krejci QHL 63th
    Bergeron QHL 45th
    Marchand QHL 71 th
    Lucic WHL  50th

If we remove the last two entry draft, all others, OHL, U.S., Euro, have been burst or are no longer with the team.

I forgot Versteeg, WHL 134th,  the worst trade of PC

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]The Providence team was quite poor last season.  It's chicken and egg, really.  Did Hamill have a bad year because he's not very good, or did he have a bad year because the guys around him were junk?  As an NHL rookie, I thought he played fine.  I don't think he'll be a Boston Bruin, but I do think he'll be an NHL player.  Sometimes guys take a lot longer than others.  Just ask Danny Cleary.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Good points all Nas.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS; Sandog & Prov B's followers : It`s totally the opposite. Since the 2003 Entry Draft. All of the young players that are passed with the Bruins. There were four steals. Khreji QHL Bergeron QHL LMarchand QHL Lucic WHL
    Posted by BostonBean0-0[/QUOTE]
    Those are all good players, but those players were drafted before PC was Boston's GM (May26, 2006). Lucic and Marchand were drafted about a month after PC was GM, so most of the scouting decisions were done before his tenure.