NAS the GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: NAS the GM

In Response to Re: NAS the GM:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : Hang on.  What wouldn't I say?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

"Relax", we don't ned to go here unless you want me to look up some of your one line snipets of discontent with certain posters.  Like:

They chase themselves by posting fraudulent info and getting bagged.

Now I know who you are speaking of in that line.  Ask Red to recite the another retort in a past thread.  

Again I enjoy your commentary, I will respectfully say you have the right to speak your mind in the forum.  Civility is a must though because one on one you would not be so inclined to smirk with a cutesy one liner.  Good day.  Cheers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, I think about B's getting big names all the time. Hossa was tried, Kovy was tried, Kaberle was an almost. These names are big. They didn't happen because obviously other teams offered more. So, it's not like the B's won't try for big names, but it's what the posters on here offer that may go the other way that's sometimes foolish.

To say that Weber, or a Yandle is untouchable is just as foolish as when someone says "Wheeler, Bos 1st rounder & Hamil & Ryder for Weber" Nobody is untouchable- even with a NMC or NTC! I honestly don't mind trade talks.

I do agree with how NAS handled this particular thread. He was called out to be baited not called out of respect for his opinion. That's a very poor way to get a response. I've called people out in threads personally & it's wrong! I'm not that same person now, but no matter how right you think you are? You'll never be right using that tactic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : OK, you are just starting to give me a Savard-esque headache. You started this thread because NAS hurts your feelings by brutally slamming stupid trade suggestions.  Your idea was to bait him into making a trade suggestion so you could somehow gain some satisfaction by criticizing him. In an incredibly shocking development, NAS refused to take the bait and is not interested in giving you any kind of answer that you can somehow try to punish him with. You, on the other hand, cannot seem to see your grand plan has gone awry. Please stop. Here's a suggestion... do what people do on opinion sites when someone annoys them.  Ignore them.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

He did nothing to my feelings.  I had no emotional involvement whatsoever.  I thought those he did insult would like to hear his much better ideas.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Crazy winter we're havin', huh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS and Dez are two of my favorites.  The reason they are that is b/c they can debate issues, are knowledgeable, speak their mind and then move onto another topic. 

As i mentioned earlier, NAS and I have had our outs.  But he would be the 1st one on here I would like to sit down with in person and chat hockey over a beer. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shup are you one of the 3, that made it to his kitchen.

Nah doubt it or you would be in his trunk with Duinne, 1 of the other 2, who else is missing.lol

Trade of the century,

Thornton for OV,
    oh sorry that was a 24 of Old Vienna, a fine canadian beer that had the OV symbol first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'd prefer not to have threads that are primarily about posters and not about hockey. NAS is NAS, I'm kind of tired of both the people criticizing him and sticking up for him. He's a good, smart poster and really makes me laugh sometimes; other times he can be a d*ck. Fair enough for everyone?  NAS?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Darn right, Fletch!  I like to talk about hockey, not the personal lives of hockey players and certainly not the lives of other posters.  I've received a lot of press here lately, but whatever.  It's not sought after.  As for me being a "willy", well, sometimes it happens.  Life goes on.

Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I think about B's getting big names all the time. Hossa was tried, Kovy was tried, Kaberle was an almost. These names are big. They didn't happen because obviously other teams offered more. So, it's not like the B's won't try for big names, but it's what the posters on here offer that may go the other way that's sometimes foolish. To say that Weber, or a Yandle is untouchable is just as foolish as when someone says "Wheeler, Bos 1st rounder & Hamil & Ryder for Weber" Nobody is untouchable- even with a NMC or NTC! I honestly don't mind trade talks. I do agree with how NAS handled this particular thread. He was called out to be baited not called out of respect for his opinion. That's a very poor way to get a response. I've called people out in threads personally & it's wrong! I'm not that same person now, but no matter how right you think you are? You'll never be right using that tactic.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right nitemare... I actually like NAS's views.  For instance, he knows the Bs need a forward, strong scoring forward.  He also identifies the need for a top 3 or 4  defenseman.  NAS is astute in describing certain players and their play during games.  I certainly agree with his view of Thornton.   His knowlege of the cap is recognized.  Lastly he is honest when he does not know something, like why trades will or not be made.  Why am I saying this, because like you I should stop judging and move on.    

The possiblity of a big trade is not out of the question.  SanDog/Goat have had numerous remarks on that subject.  Certainly if the Bs don't make a trade the chances of a Cup are reduced without Savard.  Generally Caron will have to step up as the forward.  Yandle and Weber would cost the Bs quite a bit.  One of the reasons I think of Kaberle, one deminsional I realize, is he is 33 and has PP abilities.  Don't know why Toronto would trade with Boston though.  So more than likely nothing will be done.  Keep the picks is the best method of thinking.... I really don't want a "rent a wreck".  I say that with trepidation as the current Bs team has real potential for a long run but it is not a Stanley Cup caliber team.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NAS the GM : Darn right, Fletch!  I like to talk about hockey, not the personal lives of hockey players and certainly not the lives of other posters.  I've received a lot of press here lately, but whatever.  It's not sought after.  As for me being a "willy", well, sometimes it happens.  Life goes on. Thanks.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Cheers.  Was hoping you would accept that characterization...hehe...

I know you aren't seeking all of the attention, but you sure are getting it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

LOL! Funny thing Fletch is that NAS could care less if anyone commented on his post or not! That's what I like about the guy! If you had Satellite Radio there's a guy on there by the name of James "Boomer' Gordon. He talks & says his piece & if you don't like it....Oh well! He sometimes comes across as brash & arrogant, but it depends on the person who reads or listens to what they're saying how they take it! Most of the time he's one of my favourites on here, because he doesn't change his opinion just because somebody said he should. He'll disagree with anybody & he'll agree with (most) if he agree's. Although I think there's a few on here that he would NEVER agree to! At least not admittingly. lol

Sections
Shortcuts