NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1065773_five-nascar-drivers-say-no-thanks-to-white-house-invite?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=outbrain

45% of the drivers invited are not going.  Thomas was put on a stake for this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?

Because nobody cares about nascar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

No kidding NAS. Maybe "NAS"car drivers have drivermatic immunity. Cool

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The outrage is right here! I like most Red Sox,Pats and Celtic fans here plan on littering a NASCAR forum with my thoughts like those idiots did here at the tiime.
    So a bunch of non-athlete, redneck drivers are protesting Obama. Wheres the outrage? Wheres the suprise?

Heres NASCAR for you in a nuthsell.  They drive around in circles, someone bumps another driver, that driver gets out, shows some road rage and then complains to the nearest reporter.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'd rather go in the breakdown lane on Rt. 128 during rush hour, bring a chair and some cheap beer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

There's certainly some big names among those not going.  Should be interesting to see what reaction, if any, the NASCAR community and observers outside of that sport gives them for their choice.  Thomas was largely fried at both ends.  I have no idea if these guys will receive the same treatment.  

I'm also wondering if the situation could be viewed differently as this involves several individuals instead of one standing alone from the group which forces the spotlight solely on him? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Because hockey is a team sport and he was letting his teammates down by not going and causing a distraction for them that was unnecessary.  While I know that NASCAR techically has teams, it's really an individual sport.  That's why I think this is apples and oranges.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Because everyone already knows NASCAR drivers are a bunch of rednecks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?:
    [QUOTE]Because everyone already knows NASCAR drivers are a bunch of rednecks.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

That too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The driver is not an athlete, now if the car itself decided not go then we might have a story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Because hockey is a team sport and he was letting his teammates down by not going and causing a distraction for them that was unnecessary.  While I know that NASCAR techically has teams, it's really an individual sport.  That's why I think this is apples and oranges.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
       How can anyone above the age of 10, believe this nonsense?
    I wonder of Krejci turned to Lucic, while standing in the Whitehouse, and said,"I can't believe TT didn't come today. I don't think I will be able to play very good, for the rest of the year".
    If a goalie wasn't doing things out of the ordinary, then players may start worrying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? :    How can anyone above the age of 10, believe this nonsense? I wonder of Krejci turned to Lucic, while standing in the Whitehouse, and said,"I can't believe TT didn't come today. I don't think I will be able to play very good, for the rest of the year". If a goalie wasn't doing things out of the ordinary, then players may start worrying.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    Whether the players were upset by it or not, TT should've followed his teammates. Right or wrong, he seperated himself from the team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Because Thomas plays in Boston, Massachusetts which is one of the most liberal states in the country. The redneck NASCAR people are not fans of Obama so no outrage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Whether the players were upset by it or not, TT should've followed his teammates. Right or wrong, he seperated himself from the team.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Why does being part of a team, exclude the right to make personal decisions?
    If TT refused to play a hockey game, then I would understand there being a problem, but to be upset over a player declining to attend a social function, is just silly.
    It in no way, affected his teammates, and it should have been a non-story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Why does being part of a team, exclude the right to make personal decisions? If TT refused to play a hockey game, then I would understand there being a problem, but to be upset over a player declining to attend a social function, is just silly. It in no way, affected his teammates, and it should have been a non-story.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
    We don't know whether it affected them or not. Saying it did or didn't is still just speculation. It was a team event. He's part of the team. He chose to seperate himself. That's my only issue. Bottom line is it's over and done with. Cheers!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Another 'give me attention' thread here...

I thought we were done with this topic.  Others have been shouted down for raising this topic again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Another 'give me attention' thread here... I thought we were done with this topic.  Others have been shouted down for raising this topic again.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Not to mention all 5 drivers claimed to have "scheduling conflicts" which is much diiferent than refusing to go in order to make a political statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Not to mention all 5 drivers claimed to have "scheduling conflicts" which is much diiferent than refusing to go in order to make a political statement.

I just can't believe we're talking about this again.  Of course there are plenty of people that refuse to go to the White House, and at least 50% of the country doesn't like Obama.  No new discovery there.

Nobody put Thomas "on the stake".  Some people disagreed with what he did.  Some people stuck up for him.  We debated it forever, and then 99% of us moved on, rooted for the Bruins, rooted for Thomas, and got past it.

The same people commenting in this thread were the ones screaming for this issue to go away a little while back.  It did go away...let it die.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : I just can't believe we're talking about this again.  Of course there are plenty of people that refuse to go to the White House, and at least 50% of the country doesn't like Obama.  No new discovery there. Nobody put Thomas "on the stake".  Some people disagreed with what he did.  Some people stuck up for him.  We debated it forever, and then 99% of us moved on, rooted for the Bruins, rooted for Thomas, and got past it. The same people commenting in this thread were the ones screaming for this issue to go away a little while back.  It did go away...let it die.
    Fletch, for me it's just affirmation of how bored I am now that the Bruins are out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Fletch, for me it's just affirmation of how bored I am now that the Bruins are out.

Yeah, same here or I wouldn't even respond...I am a hypocrite...

Just surprised to see some of the same people who were screaming for everyone to stop talking about Thomas to now suddenly be praising this latest "breaking news" item to re-open the debate and get the final word.

Who cares....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Yeah, same here or I wouldn't even respond...I am a hypocrite... Just surprised to see some of the same people who were screaming for everyone to stop talking about Thomas to now suddenly be praising this latest "breaking news" item to re-open the debate and get the final word. Who cares....

I am guilty as charged, 16 hour work day and trying to kill some time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

The whole "team event" thing was overblown too.  Corvo and Pouliout weren't even allowed to attend, maybe Caron too (don't care enough to look it up).  Kaberle flew in from Montreal to act like he was still part of the team.  All the political nut jobs completely overlooked what a farce the event actually was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Another 'give me attention' thread here... I thought we were done with this topic.  Others have been shouted down for raising this topic again.

Fletcher,

How is this thread about me?  I think in the past you've stated that I do things for attention, but never explained how you would ever know such a thing about me. 

Please enlighten me.  Tell me how I feel and what I think.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Not to mention all 5 drivers claimed to have "scheduling conflicts" which is much diiferent than refusing to go in order to make a political statement.

Right, and if you read the article, it is clearly questioning the validity of the scheduling conflict.  It's a ways off.  I think more will come out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Yeah, same here or I wouldn't even respond...I am a hypocrite... Just surprised to see some of the same people who were screaming for everyone to stop talking about Thomas to now suddenly be praising this latest "breaking news" item to re-open the debate and get the final word. Who cares....

This was posted to show the hipocracy of the media, not to open right right or wrong door on Thomas.

I don't think I ever weighed in on what I truly feel about Thomas' action simply because this isn't the place to do so. 

How is this me trying to get the final word when I never even offered the first one?

Oh, I see.  I remember now.  You've been attacking me on a few threads around here since I burned you for making up things about the B's front office.  Get over it.  You said stupid things and I pointed it out.  Move on.  You'll end up looking pretty darn stupid if you attempt to pull every one of my posts and turn my words (or even worst, as the case is here, make up more stuff).

Get over it, Fletcher.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Fletcher, How is this thread about me?  I think in the past you've stated that I do things for attention, but never explained how you would ever know such a thing about me.  Please enlighten me.  Tell me how I feel and what I think.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just frustrated that we have to re-visit the great political debate again, and I don't think the new information gives any fresh perspective on it.