NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?

In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Sorry, just frustrated that we have to re-visit the great political debate again, and I don't think the new information gives any fresh perspective on it. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you stated that this was posted by me, as a way to get attention.

Tell me how this post is about me, and why you feel I do things for attention.  If you are going to post things about me directly, as you have been doing on this thread, be a man and back it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]The whole "team event" thing was overblown too.  Corvo and Pouliout weren't even allowed to attend, maybe Caron too (don't care enough to look it up).  Kaberle flew in from Montreal to act like he was still part of the team.  All the political nut jobs completely overlooked what a farce the event actually was.
    Posted by BSXIII[/QUOTE]

Kaberle did not fly in to act like he was part of the team. He was part of the Stanley Cup team that was being honored. I don't have a problem with that at all, I'd guess other Bruins fans don't either, why do you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Yes, but you stated that this was posted by me, as a way to get attention. Tell me how this post is about me, and why you feel I do things for attention.  If you are going to post things about me directly, as you have been doing on this thread, be a man and back it up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS, you always write about people "attacking" you and it comes off as more than a little narcissistic and dramatic here.  It really isn't always about you and nobody's doing any attacking.

Truth be told, I think you're one of the more interesting and informed posters here, but I think (could be wrong...) that sometimes you hang a little extra bait out there too. Beating the same drum on Marchand and Thornton, or in this case the White House fiasco gets tiresome for me, that's all. We all know you can start a thread that says Marchand is a b!tch and get 50 responses.

I saw the White House thread and just couldn't believe you're going back there, now, so I probably overreacted and made my snippy comment, which said sorry for.  I still think it is a silly thread to start, here's why:

1.  The Thomas-WH thing has been beaten to death here and I thought that all of the regular posters had had enough of it.  Those threads are for people who are never here to come by and pop off about their politics, not for the regular Bruins posters.  We've all moved on. Thomas played well. The Bruins lost. Who cares about the White House.

2. The NASCAR story has no bearing at all on TT (at least for me).  I never cared about the politics, Obama's feelings, or TT's personal liberties.  I cared about the Bruins.  The real issue was always about whether Thomas seperated himself from the team or created a distraction that hurt the team.  What happens 6 moths later with NASCAR drivers has absolutely no bearing on that whatsoever.

So, that's what I think.  Sorry if it is bothersome for you.  I would suggest that people here will (and should) express themselves as candidly as you do. Don't assume it is some personal war on you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Kaberle did not fly in to act like he was part of the team. He was part of the Stanley Cup team that was being honored. I don't have a problem with that at all, I'd guess other Bruins fans don't either, why do you?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I have no problem at all with Kaberle attending or Thomas chosing not to.  I just don't get viewing it as a huge team event, when at least two members of the current team aren't even allowed to attend, and guy who currently plays for the Montreal Canadiens is standing front and center.   Not quite the pivotal, team building event the political whacks make it out to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your talking about Corvo and Pouliot not allowed, I would say that they were not there simply because they were not part of the team that won.. I doubt the Bruins told them they were not allowed, and even if they were invited, if I were in their position I wouldnt go because I wasnt a part of that team. For me, Kaberle has as much right to be there as Hnidy,Recchi and every other member of the team.

I can't beleive I'm still talking about this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Don't assume it is some personal war on you. 
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

It is a personal war on me when you make comments directed at me or about me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : Right, and if you read the article, it is clearly questioning the validity of the scheduling conflict.  It's a ways off.  I think more will come out.
    What’s your take on this? Are their motivations political, or do you believe that all five have legitimate scheduling conflicts that can’t be avoided?
    I can tell the writer is making this a "story" whether the the conflicts in scheduling are legitimate or not. Look, if these guys are all claiming scheduling problems instead of of asking us to check Facebook for their reasons, then it's much different nonetheless. TT used his White House opportunity to make a political statement. None of these guys seem to be looking to do the same thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : What’s your take on this? Are their motivations political, or do you believe that all five have legitimate scheduling conflicts that can’t be avoided? I can tell the writer is making this a "story" whether the the conflicts in scheduling are legitimate or not. Look, if these guys are all claiming scheduling problems instead of of asking us to check Facebook for their reasons, then it's much different nonetheless. TT used his White House opportunity to make a political statement. None of these guys seem to be looking to do the same thing.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think it's political.  We'll see as time goes on if any more comes of it.

And for those who are all about redneck this and not a sport that, many fans of baseball, football, and basketball (and NASCAR) dismiss hockey in the same fashion.

Disclaimer:  I don't like to watch cars race around in circles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NASCAR drivers decline Obama. Where's the outrage? : I think it's political.  We'll see as time goes on if any more comes of it. And for those who are all about redneck this and not a sport that, many fans of baseball, football, and basketball (and NASCAR) dismiss hockey in the same fashion. Disclaimer:  I don't like to watch cars race around in circles.
    I've got many friends who watch it and I actually tried to watch for 5 minutes last night. It was brutally boring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Indy drivers are the best!  Otherwise no comment!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, wake me up in october.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

TT is an athlete, these guys turn left at high rates of speed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I would like to respond to this, but I cant until CommieContrary does cause thats when the real bullsh)t starts flying

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to respond to this, but I cant until CommieContrary does cause thats when the real bullsh)t starts flying
    Posted by mikzor[/QUOTE]

Good one!