Nathan Horton/Rask is the answer for July 1st?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Nathan Horton/Rask is the answer for July 1st?

The uncertainty with his health situations and if he is ready for the beginning of training camp/ regular season. PC and company I believe made a smart move not rushing him back and too have him 100% ready next year. If Horton is prime next year with 1 yr. 4 mill contract remaining problem solve for the first line.

Looch Seguin Horton ( Seguin is now ready for 1st line duties especially with two power forwards beside him Looch the dirty work Horton the shot and the Kid the magician/ he will need to work on faceoffs.)

A counter attack with Marchand Bergy Krejci for a second line with offensive abilities and d smarts will be a good start for next season. Two good face off centers along with the pest with scoring abilities and Krejci goal scoring will also increase with Bergy being the center.

Paille Campbell can be sign for reasonable contract and keep our 4th line intact. Caron and Peverly will be a good start for the third line I just have a gut feeling that Kelly won't be a Bruin next year. Zanon can be sign for reasonable cost and be good to fill those d holes. Hamilton ??? can be ready for the NHL next season also.

If Chicago is willing to give up Sharp for Rask ( I doubt this will happen) then I will say go for it. Our problem for the third line is completed. Most important Rask is still not sign but Thomas is. If the Bruins Can't sign Rask then he could be the odd man going to TB,  Purcell could be good fit for the third line with Caron and Peverly.

Overall PC and company has a lot of work ahead of them this summer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Nathan Horton/Rask is the answer for July 1st?

You mention Krejci playing the wing. I actually didn't think he looked too bad on the wing this year. I just dont think Seguin has the chemistry with either Lucic or Horton(just a guess there) to be a 1st line C with those 2 wingers.

I would really like PC to finally go get a marquee winger with speed and vision to play with seguin (PARISE!!!), I'd like to see what the Kid could do playing with someone near his level of speed and skill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I also thought about Parise but how much will he cost and will we need to dump some salary players to get him for a long term deal. Krejci will need to go to make contract room for Parise but yes Looch Seguin Parise for the first line will be stellar.
     Horton is ready next season then a counter attack with March Bergy Horton will be an awesome 1 2 line punch.

There are 29 other NHL GM's thinking the same thing you Real Hockey and I are thinking. I am kinda looking forward to see PC and Company has the balls to make a big UFA signing this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yep, the cap implications of a 6.5-7mil player aren't that intimidating for the Bruins.

It may result in letting Krejci and an auxilary player or two walk down the line but, I atleast feel that Krejci's years in boston are limited already. Sometimes you have to gamble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Parise is a game breaker where Krejci was invisible in the playoffs -make the deal, might have to throw in a couple picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Nathan Horton/Rask is the answer for July 1st?:
    Parise is a game breaker where Krejci was invisible in the playoffs -make the deal, might have to throw in a couple picks.
    Posted by number08

Its not a deal, Parise is a UFA. Also, Krejci invisible in 1rd of playoffs doesn't make him expendable. He lead the entire league in playoff pts last year.

Throw in picks?

This post is laughably bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm glad we Have Peter Chiarelli, and not you fantasy players, $8 mil for Parise is not even on the boards, because, as noted, it would require trading Kreji, and assuming Seguin can be the fill in. I have no concern for Seguin's skills , but not at center as yet. Peter will re-sign Kelly with a small portion of his extra cash. Then Peter will focus on making sure the 3rd and 4th lines are bigger, stronger and just as fast. Wit McQuaid back there is only one slot on defense which Hamilton is expected to fill. IMO Mottau would be  abetter 7th D because of his smarts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Sigh.

Zach Parise: 7gp, 2G 2A=4pts, -5  -- /> gamebreaker?
    David Krejci: 7gp, 1G 2A=3pts,  0  -- /> invisible?

David Krejci has a career .79p/g in the playoffs, Parise has a career .75p/g. Krejci is the more productive, younger, healthier player. This would be bad trade straight up (which of course it's not a trade scenario as Parise is UFA), and even without factoring dramatic cap hit differences.

Posted by number08

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

imo comparing krejci to parise is like comparing krejci to bergeron. the numbers do not tell the whole story. they(bergeron and parise) are sooooo much better than their numbers would suggest. i'm sure devils fans/ mgmt feel the same way about parise as we do about bergeron.  how many peolpe think bergeron will be going anywhere soon? didn't think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I like Paille and all but we need more size in that role, especially if Thornton is going to be playing less. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

imo comparing krejci to parise is like comparing krejci to bergeron. the numbers do not tell the whole story. they(bergeron and parise) are sooooo much better than their numbers would suggest. i'm sure devils fans/ mgmt feel the same way about parise as we do about bergeron.  how many peolpe think bergeron will be going anywhere soon? didn't think so.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

We might feel differently if Bergeron's contract was up on July1 though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Bergeron's numbers suggest he is a good player, but beyond that he is also an outstanding faceoff guy and one of the league's best (voted top-3 this year) defensive forwards. He has outstanding puck strength too and is widely considered a leader and great dressing room guy. Parise is the captain of the Devils, so we'll assume they like his personality. Beyond that, what are these special qualities that he brings that are not shown by stats? He's not a center and not an great shut-down guy.  More specifically, what is it that makes him better than the more productive, younger, healthier and much cheaper David Krejci? It would have to be something very good for me to be willing to take less production and an (at least $2million) larger cap hit. The only thing that jumps out to me is major knee surgery.  I guess that is shown in his downward-trending stats though. I can not for the life of me understand Bruins fans wanting to trade a great young scorer who has shown for several years that he is even more productive in the playoffs. Fortunately Chiarelli knows his value and is friends with is agent, so DK is likely not going anywhere.

Posted by adkbeesfan

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bergeron's numbers suggest he is a good player, but beyond that he is also an outstanding faceoff guy and one of the league's best (voted top-3 this year) defensive forwards. He has outstanding puck strength too and is widely considered a leader and great dressing room guy. Parise is the captain of the Devils, so we'll assume they like his personality. Beyond that, what are these special qualities that he brings that are not shown by stats? He's not a center and not an great shut-down guy.  More specifically, what is it that makes him better than the more productive, younger, healthier and much cheaper David Krejci? It would have to be something very good for me to be willing to take less production and an (at least $2million) larger cap hit. The only thing that jumps out to me is major knee surgery.  I guess that is shown in his downward-trending stats though. I can not for the life of me understand Bruins fans wanting to trade a great young scorer who has shown for several years that he is even more productive in the playoffs. Fortunately Chiarelli knows his value and is friends with is agent, so DK is likely not going anywhere. In Response to Re: Nathan Horton/Rask is the answer for July 1st? :
    Posted by OatesCam

Younger yes but not necessarily more productive or healthier. Prior to missing almost all of last year Zach only missed 3 games in 5 years. Krejci always seems to be on the mend although he does miss few games. Plus, Parise's stats are undoubtably better, at least in the regular season. Up until this post-season, however, I would give Krejci the nod of more productivity in the playoffs.

Truth is though it really is like comparing apples to oranges. Parise is a high-flying winger who is perennially good for at least 30 goals. Krejci is a solid 1A centerman who thrives on puck distribution. Not much in common and their worth is dependent on the needs of their team.

If my team needs a topline center then Krecji gets the nod. If I already have two quality centers and am thin on the wing then Parise becomes more valuable.

That said, I find it highly unlikely PC is going to go after Parise. He is not one for big FA signings.

Sections
Shortcuts