Nathan Horton Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Nathan Horton Update

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already but...

Nathan Horton dropped in on the Bs at the end of last night's game. Encouraging signs. Get well soon big man.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=565320

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Re: Nathan Horton Update

That's a close dressing room.  Nice to see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

He should join the team and go to the games if he feels up to it...He is as much of the team as anyone and deserves the cup. He is a big reason the B's are where they are. Feel terrible for him. Its his first playoffs ever and he doesnt get to finish what he has started. Still doesnt take away, what he has done and what he has meant to this team. Go Horton, get well soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Would imagine that both Horton and Savard are there for Game 6. However, keep in mind that concussions are often like this - a quick, immediate improvement only to deteriorate as time goes on (days 4, 5, 6, etc). Just hope he takes care of himself and doesn't do anything stupid to rush things. Stopping by the rink is one thing, but he absolutely needs to shut down any physical activity and hope for progress mid-summer.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I don't think he should travel to Vancouver. Why risk his health? His teammates have his back and will conitue to fight for the Cup. Stay home Nathan and get well, that's your only job right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Great story!! thanks for that link!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hate Colin Campbell, Mike Murphy and Gary Bettman for not putting out a stronger message to not hit players when they are vulnerable. I really hope Brendan Shanahan gets a hold of these type's of players who throw these hits and really sends a message.

At least Nathan has Savard and Bergeron to speak to about what he is about to go through.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

Agreed that he shouldn't travel.  If he feels the need to say something before the game, send the guys a message or call them.  They'll be playing for him and Savvy regardless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Nathan Horton Update:
    I don't think he should travel to Vancouver. Why risk his health? His teammates have his back and will continue to fight for the Cup. Stay home Nathan and get well, that's your only job right now.
    Posted by Shadowcpt

Agreed.  If anything, use his absence as extra motivation.  Win game 5 so that they can close it out on home ice and he can be there for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I hate Colin Campbell, Mike Murphy and Gary Bettman for not putting out a stronger message to not hit players when they are vulnerable. I really hope Brendan Shanahan gets a hold of these type's of players who throw these hits and really sends a message. At least Nathan has Savard and Bergeron to speak to about what he is about to go through.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yes.  The endless debate as to whether the hit on Horton was in the spirit of the new rule on headshots is irrelevent.  Players need to have enough respect for each other and that game to not explode on players that are vulnerable.  There is progress in the hits from behind, with young hockey players being taught not to hit a players back, but I think there is still a glorification of hits like the one that took out Nathan.  That has to change.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

In Response to Re: Nathan Horton Update : Yes.  The endless debate as to whether the hit on Horton was in the spirit of the new rule on headshots is irrelevent.  Players need to have enough respect for each other and that game to not explode on players that are vulnerable.  There is progress in the hits from behind, with young hockey players being taught not to hit a players back, but I think there is still a glorification of hits like the one that took out Nathan.  That has to change.
    Posted by scooter244

"players need to have enough respect...."

that's so true - the NHL is a special brotherhood - and if you have the talent to play at that level, then you know who crosses the line and those timebombs need to have the captain talk to them -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Great to hear he showed up. No question he's played a big role in getting the B's where they are, and in fact, his injury has only motivated his team even more to win it all. Get well soon Horty!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I still have a tough time believing Horton wasn't singled out considering how clutch he has been in these playoffs (game-tying goal versus Tampa was as big as those OT ones he notched, imo).  It's criminal how his first stint had to end.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

I still have a tough time believing Horton wasn't singled out considering how clutch he has been in these playoffs (game-tying goal versus Tampa was as big as those OT ones he notched, imo).  It's criminal how his first stint had to end.
    Posted by Beorach

I agree. It was no secret that they missed Krejci last year. I think Richards took his opportunity to end Krejci's playoff. It's no coincidence.

Sections
Shortcuts