Nathan MacKinnon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Nathan MacKinnon?

I read somewhere he's supposed to be "the most hyped prospect since Crosby". Seems early for judging next years draft prospects but from the sounds of it he could very likely go number 1 in 2013.

Has anyone else heard about him or seen him play at all?

If I remember correctly it was Bleacher Report, so it could be complete BS lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Nathan MacKinnon?

In Response to Nathan MacKinnon?:
    [QUOTE]I read somewhere he's supposed to be "the most hyped prospect since Crosby". Seems early for judging next years draft prospects but from the sounds of it he could very likely go number 1 in 2013. Has anyone else heard about him or seen him play at all? If I remember correctly it was Bleacher Report, so it could be complete BS lol.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    The kid is a stud. I've only seen him on TV but he's for real. He had 78 points in 58 games in the regular season. He added 28 points in 17 playoff games. He should win the scoring race in the Q this coming season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Looks like the real deal..doesn't he live close to where Crosby grew up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Damn, and he plays for the QMJHL.... wish the Maineiacs were still here so I could catch a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I wonder who tanks to get him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon?:
    [QUOTE]I wonder who tanks to get him.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

Leafs tank to 30th and then lose the lottery to Edmenton lol. Could hardly imagine the look on Burke's face if that were to happen.

But in all seriousness, I expect Edmenton to be out of the lottery this year. Not in the playoffs, but out of the lottery.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

hope he likes ohio

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : Leafs tank to 30th and then lose the lottery to Edmenton lol. Could hardly imagine the look on Burke's face if that were to happen. But in all seriousness, I expect Edmenton to be out of the lottery this year. Not in the playoffs, but out of the lottery.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

You read my mind. That would make for great television.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yup, MacKinnon is from Crosby's hood. He's also followed in his footsteps, going to prep school in Minnesota, playing in the Q. He's the real deal. If I were a lousy team I would do everything in my power to finish last and draft him. I hope the Oilers don't get him...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

If the laughs finish 30th Burke is gone. That is a guarantee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon?:[QUOTE] I wonder who tanks to get him.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

Ha...yah...hmm...what is the name of the GM ? Steve something or other....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]hope he likes ohio
    Posted by juniorfalcon19[/QUOTE]

Good call.  That would be one duty Howson couldn't fumble...right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He could go third.

Monahan and Jones also have backing to go #1, so this isn't a Crosby/Lemieux situation.  33-45-78 in 62 in the OHL.  Bigger player too.  Monahan was on line with Toffoli, so he certainly had more to work with than Mackinnon.

And last I saw, Popeye's boy was the leader out of the gate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yeah, from what I hear the 2013 draft class is very talented and very deep. Saw Seth Jones at the 2012 draft, looks like a grown man at 17 lol..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]If the laughs finish 30th Burke is gone. That is a guarantee.
    Posted by newfiewhaler[/QUOTE]

Yeah but they would get a hell of a draft pick. Its a win-win for them.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

he'll be centering Columbus' #1 line in the very near future....  heck, he'll be the line all by himself....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

He is a great big sook, the Q started to change the rules for the players declaring NCAA option after he pulled this stunt. MacKinnon is already looking like Lindros, difference is he said he would never play in Quebec when he was 15. I cannot imagine pulling up stump as a 15 year old. He forced a trade and got to play in his hometown which was his ploy all along. I suspect he may try this stunt again in the future. He is already an ego-maniac.

Heading into the 2011 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Draft, MacKinnon was widely regarded as the favourite to be selected first overall and was ranked by QMJHL Central Scouting as the best available player.[11] Despite this, MacKinnon spent the day of the draft skating with the Omaha Lancers of the United States Hockey League (USHL), as he was considering playing either college ice hockey in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or major junior ice hockey in the QMJHL.[12] On June 4, 2011, MacKinnon was selected first overall by the Baie-Comeau Drakkar in the 2011 QMJHL Draft.[13] Because MacKinnon does not speak French, there was speculation that MacKinnon would follow through with his option to play in the USHL until he was eligible for the NCAA, unless his rights were traded to a different QMJHL team.[14] On July 13, 2011, MacKinnon's rights were traded to the Halifax Mooseheads for Carl GélinasFrancis Turbide, the Mooseheads' first round draft picks in 2012 and 2013, and the Quebec Remparts' first round draft pick in 2013, previously acquired by Halifax.[15] The Mooseheads had been attempting to acquire MacKinnon since Baie-Comeau was awarded the first overall pick in the 2011 QMJHL Draft 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]He is a great big sook, the Q started to change the rules for the players declaring NCAA option after he pulled this stunt. MacKinnon is already looking like Lindros, difference is he said he would never play in Quebec when he was 15. I cannot imagine pulling up stump as a 15 year old. He forced a trade and got to play in his hometown which was his ploy all along. I suspect he may try this stunt again in the future. He is already an ego-maniac. Heading into the 2011  Quebec Major Junior Hockey League  (QMJHL) Draft, MacKinnon was widely regarded as the favourite to be selected first overall and was ranked by QMJHL Central Scouting as the best available player. [11]  Despite this, MacKinnon spent the day of the draft skating with the  Omaha Lancers  of the  United States Hockey League  (USHL), as he was considering playing either  college ice hockey  in the  National Collegiate Athletic Association  (NCAA) or  major junior ice hockey  in the QMJHL. [12]  On June 4, 2011, MacKinnon was selected first overall by the  Baie-Comeau Drakkar  in the 2011 QMJHL Draft. [13]  Because MacKinnon does not speak  French , there was speculation that MacKinnon would follow through with his option to play in the USHL until he was eligible for the NCAA, unless his rights were traded to a different QMJHL team. [14]  On July 13, 2011, MacKinnon's rights were traded to the  Halifax Mooseheads  for  Carl Gélinas ,  Francis Turbide , the Mooseheads' first round draft picks in 2012 and 2013, and the  Quebec Remparts ' first round draft pick in 2013, previously acquired by Halifax. [15]  The Mooseheads had been attempting to acquire MacKinnon since Baie-Comeau was awarded the first overall pick in the 2011 QMJHL Draft  
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]
    Hope this isn't true. I can't stand when a player thinks he's bigger than the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Nathan MacKinnon...the name doesn't have a nice hockey ring to it.

Too similar to John McFarland, who was to be the next coming a few years back in the Toronto GHL. Got into the OHL and has now all but disappeared. Even Don Cherry was hyping him.

You may have heard a couple of McFarland's contemporaries. One of them was a guy named Skinner, and the other was someone by the name of Seguin. I think they are still around.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]He is a great big sook, the Q started to change the rules for the players declaring NCAA option after he pulled this stunt. MacKinnon is already looking like Lindros, difference is he said he would never play in Quebec when he was 15. I cannot imagine pulling up stump as a 15 year old. He forced a trade and got to play in his hometown which was his ploy all along. I suspect he may try this stunt again in the future. He is already an ego-maniac. Heading into the 2011  Quebec Major Junior Hockey League  (QMJHL) Draft, MacKinnon was widely regarded as the favourite to be selected first overall and was ranked by QMJHL Central Scouting as the best available player. [11]  Despite this, MacKinnon spent the day of the draft skating with the  Omaha Lancers  of the  United States Hockey League  (USHL), as he was considering playing either  college ice hockey  in the  National Collegiate Athletic Association  (NCAA) or  major junior ice hockey  in the QMJHL. [12]  On June 4, 2011, MacKinnon was selected first overall by the  Baie-Comeau Drakkar  in the 2011 QMJHL Draft. [13]  Because MacKinnon does not speak  French , there was speculation that MacKinnon would follow through with his option to play in the USHL until he was eligible for the NCAA, unless his rights were traded to a different QMJHL team. [14]  On July 13, 2011, MacKinnon's rights were traded to the  Halifax Mooseheads  for  Carl Gélinas ,  Francis Turbide , the Mooseheads' first round draft picks in 2012 and 2013, and the  Quebec Remparts ' first round draft pick in 2013, previously acquired by Halifax. [15]  The Mooseheads had been attempting to acquire MacKinnon since Baie-Comeau was awarded the first overall pick in the 2011 QMJHL Draft  
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]
    If the kid is such an egomaniac, you'd think that you could've provided at least one quote from MacKinnon regarding the situation. Lots of players weigh the option of U.S. college hockey over the CHL. Speculative reasons posted on a Wiki page are hardly proof of anything. On another note, who would've thought every 15 year old wouldn't act like a man yet?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Nathan MacKinnon...the name doesn't have a nice hockey ring to it. Too similar to John McFarland, who was to be the next coming a few years back in the Toronto GHL. Got into the OHL and has now all but disappeared. Even Don Cherry was hyping him. You may have heard a couple of McFarland's contemporaries. One of them was a guy named Skinner, and the other was someone by the name of Seguin. I think they are still around.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he should change his name to Nate Kinnsey (similar to Wayne Gretzky or Sid Crosby)?Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : If the kid is such an egomaniac, you'd think that you could've provided at least one quote from MacKinnon regarding the situation. Lots of players weigh the option of U.S. college hockey over the CHL. Speculative reasons posted on a Wiki page are hardly proof of anything. On another note, who would've thought every 15 year old wouldn't act like a man yet?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ya go figure . A 15 year old wanting to play closer to home. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : Ya go figure . A 15 year old wanting to play close to home. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Chowdah, didn't the CHL used to have a rule in place that made the younger players have to play at least 1 season close to home before moving on? Isn't that why Spezza had to re-enter the draft after having already played 1 OHL season?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : Chowdah, didn't the CHL used to have a rule in place that made the younger players have to play at least 1 season close to home before moving on? Isn't that why Spezza had to re-enter the draft after having already played 1 OHL season?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

You're right ! That was a rule that allowed them to play close to home.

A new rule gives underagers a special exemption to play. They must be deemed exceptional by the CHL. They enter the CHL draft the same as others if they gain this status and can get picked by anyone.

Sections
Shortcuts