Nathan MacKinnon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Nathan MacKinnon?

In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : You're right ! That was a rule that allowed them to play close to home. A new rule gives underagers a special exemption to play. They must be deemed exceptional by the CHL. They enter the CHL draft the same as others if they gain this status and can get picked by anyone.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure what's better for the kids. Play close to home or be out on their own? Getting homesick is a real issue for some kids. I probably mentioned it before but a friend of mine growing up was Matthew Schneider's D partner in Cornwall in 88-89. He ended up coming home after only 24 games because he was homesick. It happens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : I'm not sure what's better for the kids. Play close to home or be out on their own? Getting homesick is a real issue for some kids. I probably mentioned it before but a friend of mine growing up was Matthew Schneider's D partner in Cornwall in 88-89. He ended up coming home after only 24 games because he was homesick. It happens.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I have a friend that was drafted high by the Petes when Mike Keenan was coach there. 

Same thing happened to him. Missed his family and girlfriend. He left the team. He tried later to get back to the Petes. Keenan wouldn't take him back.

It does happen. That life style just doesn't suit some.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

MacKinnon has been a topic for about a year now.  That's pretty young for people to start looking at these guys.

The two super-hype guys I can recall in the last 25 years are Lindros and Crosby.  Every person in the hockey world knew who these guys were before they got their license to drive.

Major hype guys I can think of were Spezza and Kessel.  Oh, and Alexander Daigle. 

Hype:  Ovechkin

Not bad company for MacKinnon to be in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Nathan MacKinnon? : I have a friend that was drafted high by the Petes when Mike Keenan was coach there.  Same thing happened to him. Missed his family and girlfriend. He left the team. He tried later to get back to the Petes. Keenan wouldn't take him back. It does happen. That life style just doesn't suit some.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Right, and some people may just not be ready for it at the time. I don't care what sport they play, how good they are or what, they are still kids, and it may take one longer than it will take another.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So now we know he could play against the 18 and 20 year olds (from the Q)

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=403337