NBC is ruining NHL playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

NBC is ruining NHL playoffs

I know NBC has paid lots of money for broadcasting rights for some of these games but some of the scheduling is ridiculous. Bruins & Caps have back to back afternoon games ? Also, Pens & Flyers game 6 is at 12:00pm noon on Sunday ? You have to be kidding me. This has by far been the most entertaining series of the first round & the league puts game 6 at noon on a Sunday. Wouldn't they want to put a game of that magnitude on prime time at like 7 or 7:30pm to maximize the ratings ? This is just my opinion but I think afternoon games are ok for the regular season but all playoff games should be evening games. With that said lets go Bruins !!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs

All I know is the Bruins/Caps are getting screwed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't mind the Saturday afternoon games.  I get to enjoy hockey and then still go out at night.

Sunday at noon is putrid.  No only does it make little sense for viewership, it also makes little sense for the quality of hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I was astounded by the headline, but I can sympathize with the OP.  With two young children, afternoon games are a real downer.  I will take it though for what NBC has given the NHL.  OLN treated the NHL like its golden goose understandably, it was no surprise that this continued on VS.  The fact that NBC has continued with this trend has been GREAT.  I'm guessing NBC televises 3-5 times the number of national games that ESPN used to air when they owned the contract.  I hope the NBC, NHL marriage lasts a long, long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

So happy Eddie-O is back today (oozing with sarcasm).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs:
    [QUOTE]So happy Eddie-O is back today (oozing with sarcasm).
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

He is brutal. He was blaming the bs player for Thomas getting run over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : He is brutal. He was blaming the bs player for Thomas getting run over.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

What an azz-clown.  They are showing the reply and he is saying that Carlson is pushed from behind despite there being no Bruin behind him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : What an azz-clown.  They are showing the reply and he is saying that Carlson is pushed from behind despite there being no Bruin behind him. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Between him and Pierre's man-crush on Holtby I already want to throw up!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Watching the game on CBC.  Don't know the play-by-play guy but Greg Millen is doing colour.  Both not too bad with the impartiality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the game on CBC.  Don't know the play-by-play guy but Greg Millen is doing colour.  Both not too bad with the impartiality.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, started watching the game on NBC and Eddie O,McGuire and Doc drove me away in 5 mins,CBC seems better,likely because Healy isn't doing the color.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have the game on, but I just cannot stand Doc, Eddie, or Pierre's creepy interjections throughout the game.

I have it on mute and am calling the game in my head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I have the game on, but I just cannot stand Doc, Eddie, or Pierre's creepy interjections throughout the game. I have it on mute and am calling the game in my head.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Did exactly the same thing last year while watching on CBC,unbearable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

So, now that we've scored two are we still being 'intimitated' by the great Brayden Holtby?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So, now that we've scored two are we still being 'intimitated' by the great Brayden Holtby?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

This was the comment that made me reach for the mute button.  Yeah, the Boston Bruins are intimidated by a rookie goalie. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : This was the comment that made me reach for the mute button.  Yeah, the Boston Bruins are intimidated by a rookie goalie. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Are you listening to Gauche and Beers instead?

I was po0p talking him the rest of the period, I was so pissed.  I mean I know it feels like there leaning the way of the other team, but I have always thought all fans must feel that way in a nationally televised game.  That statement may have been the dumbest I have ever heard.  I mean even if we knew nothing starting at game 1 of this series, not Holtby's age, not the Bruins 2011 cup and nothing else but what we see with our eyes, I still would not have come anywhere near that conclusion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]So, now that we've scored two are we still being 'intimitated' by the great Brayden Holtby?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

Wish I could say yes and be more optimistic but even though it's tied at the end of 2 -- the Caps are creating the better scoring chances and Holtby doesn't look rattled at all. I'm praying for the B's to pull this one out but I haven't had a good feeling about this series from day 1.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : Wish I could say yes and be more optimistic but even though it's tied at the end of 2 -- the Caps are creating the better scoring chances and Holtby doesn't look rattled at all. I'm praying for the B's to pull this one out but I haven't had a good feeling about this series from day 1.
    Posted by zamboni24[/QUOTE]

Bingo -- need I say more?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stuartr29. Show stuartr29's posts

The Game was decided by a referee and not the players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Watching the game on CBC.  Don't know the play-by-play guy but Greg Millen is doing colour.  Both not too bad with the impartiality.

Dean Brown who normally does Senators games when the impartiality goes out the window.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : Dean Brown who normally does Senators games when the impartiality goes out the window.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chowda.  I wasn't familiar with him.  His voice seems to stay at one level without any rise and fall.  I guess like most of today's announcers for clubs his favour leans one way which perhaps explains why he isn't working the Sens and NYR.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : Thanks Chowda.  I wasn't familiar with him.  His voice seems to stay at one level without any rise and fall.  I guess like most of today's announcers for clubs his favour leans one way which perhaps explains why he isn't working the Sens and NYR.
    If you had to call Sens games day after day,you wouldn't have much enthusiasm either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : If you had to call Sens games day after day,you wouldn't have much enthusiasm either.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Must have been tough two years ago when they were awful, 50.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : Thanks Chowda.  I wasn't familiar with him.  His voice seems to stay at one level without any rise and fall.  I guess like most of today's announcers for clubs his favour leans one way which perhaps explains why he isn't working the Sens and NYR.

CBC decided to use their top two announcers ( Cole and Hughson ) for the two Canadian teams in the playoffs which pushes Brown out to do another series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NBC is ruining NHL playoffs : Must have been tough two years ago when they were awful, 50.
    Yeah no kidding, but i 've got to hand it to them on the quick rebuild.They do have some good young players,it just seems they play a boring style.Maybe they are exciting its just that Brown doesn't see it and makes everyone fall asleep.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]The Game was decided by a referee and not the players.
    Posted by stuartr29[/QUOTE]

Bull. The game was decided by the player in the Bruins' net.

That goal had zero to do with the fact they were on a power play.

Sections
Shortcuts