Neal Gets 5 Games

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Neal Gets 5 Games

Only one suspension, not really a reapeat offender.

TRANSACTIONS / INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS

2013/11/09 Missed 15 games (upper body injury).

2013/10/15 Upper body injury, injured reserve.

2013/10/05 Upper body injury, sidelined indefinitely.

2013/05/07 Missed the last 2 playoff games (sprained right ankle).

2013/05/03 Sprained right ankle, day-to-day.

2013/04/27 Missed 8 games (concussion).

2013/04/09 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely.

2012/04/20 Missed the last playoff game (suspended by nhl).

2012/04/17 Suspended by the NHL for 1 game.

2012/04/11 Missed the last 2 regular season games (lower body injury).

2012/04/05 Lower body injury, day-to-day.

2012/02/19 Signed by the Pittsburgh Penguins to a six-year contract extension.

2011/11/29 Fined $2,500 by the NHL.

2011/02/21 Acquired from the Dallas Stars.

2010/09/16 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Dallas Stars to a two-year contract. 2010/06/15 Dallas Stars tendered a qualifying offer.

2009/11/20 Suspended by the NHL for 2 games.

2009/11/12 Missed 2 games (groin).

2009/11/06 Groin, day-to-day.

2008/11/18 Recalled from Manitoba (AHL).

2008/11/02 Assigned to Manitoba (AHL).

2008/04/14 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).

2007/09/26 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).

2006/10/20 Signed by the Dallas Stars to a three-year contract.

2006/09/20 Assigned to Plymouth (OHL).

2005/09/19 Returned to his junior team (Plymouth-OHL).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

ya. it does sound about right. next headshot he throws should be 10 though. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Only one suspension, not really a reapeat offender.

TRANSACTIONS / INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS 2013/11/09 Missed 15 games (upper body injury). 2013/10/15 Upper body injury, injured reserve. 2013/10/05 Upper body injury, sidelined indefinitely. 2013/05/07 Missed the last 2 playoff games (sprained right ankle). 2013/05/03 Sprained right ankle, day-to-day. 2013/04/27 Missed 8 games (concussion). 2013/04/09 Concussion, sidelined indefinitely. 2012/04/20 Missed the last playoff game (suspended by nhl). 2012/04/17 Suspended by the NHL for 1 game. 2012/04/11 Missed the last 2 regular season games (lower body injury). 2012/04/05 Lower body injury, day-to-day. 2012/02/19 Signed by the Pittsburgh Penguins to a six-year contract extension. 2011/11/29 Fined $2,500 by the NHL. 2011/02/21 Acquired from the Dallas Stars. 2010/09/16 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Dallas Stars to a two-year contract. 2010/06/15 Dallas Stars tendered a qualifying offer. 2009/11/20 Suspended by the NHL for 2 games. 2009/11/12 Missed 2 games (groin). 2009/11/06 Groin, day-to-day. 2008/11/18 Recalled from Manitoba (AHL). 2008/11/02 Assigned to Manitoba (AHL). 2008/04/14 Recalled from Iowa (AHL). 2007/09/26 Assigned to Iowa (AHL). 2006/10/20 Signed by the Dallas Stars to a three-year contract. 2006/09/20 Assigned to Plymouth (OHL). 2005/09/19 Returned to his junior team (Plymouth-OHL).

he's been suspended for a late headshot before. that is the definition of repeat offender. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Pleasently surprised.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

he's been suspended for a late headshot before. that is the definition of repeat offender. 

Not within the 18 months to make you a repeat offender under the cba. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think the intent alone should get him at least 5.  5 more for the headshot.  Grease ball.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I am really glad he got 5 games though. WIth the phone hearing and all i was figuring he'd get 2. He deserved at least 5.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

That rule is dumb and needs to be removed.  Another example of Bettman's poor leadership.

I defintely agree, but its been in the last 2 collective bargaining agreements at least so the PA knows about it and is ok with it too. If the PA didnt really like that rule they could fight to get it changed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

That rule is dumb and needs to be removed.  Another example of Bettman's poor leadership.

You good with marchand getting the book thrown at him next time.  How about Lucic.   Should they keep their records for their career?   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Pleasently surprised.

My exact thoughts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Not Buttman Leadership, but the Player's Union here. They are the one's that want it, and the NHL has to negiotiate these things. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Shocked is more like it. I really thought the suspension wasn't going to be much. 

Here's Neal's reply.

"I mean, what do you want me to say? That I was trying to hit him?" Neal said following the game. "No, I'm going by him. I don't get out of the way, like I said. I need to be more careful and I guess get my knee out of the way, but I'm not trying to hit him in the head or injure him or anything like that."

Neal will forfeit $128,205.15.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think for headshots the following should happen. The normal suspension, and then after that half of the players game checks should go to the player injured on the play until such time where they can return to action.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

shanahan said that Neals suspension history was considered for his suspension. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

James Neal suspension video:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=506355&lang=en

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like this for a few reasons.  The most of which is Neal's completely disingenuous reaction in the media, sharply contrasting with Thornton's remorse and accountability.

To me, those two were in equally indefensible positions for what they did.  Neal chose a "I didn't inhale...?" defense apparently hoping the game wasn't being recorded on video.

5 games James.  Tell us more about how tricky it is to skate by someone on the ground without kicking them in the head.  Fascinating.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Excellent, just as I thought.  I am shocked and pleased.  

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I like this for a few reasons.  The most of which is Neal's completely disingenuous reaction in the media, sharply contrasting with Thornton's remorse and accountability.

To me, those two were in equally indefensible positions for what they did.  Neal chose a "I didn't inhale...?" defense apparently hoping the game wasn't being recorded on video.

5 games James.  Tell us more about how tricky it is to skate by someone on the ground without kicking them in the head.  Fascinating.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Pleasently surprised.

count another one under pleasantly surprised

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

It really bugged me how he acted like he had done nothing wrong.

I really wish players would just be honest more instead of the "who me? no way! I didnt do nuthin!" approach that most players have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just goes along with the Penguins delusional fanbase, they never do anything wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just goes along with the Penguins delusional fanbase, they never do anything wrong.

Honestly I agree, but the same could be said with any fanbase. People here are saying Thornton did nothing wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts