Need for speed and skill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Need for speed and skill

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Haggs is out there leading the charge with this; both trading Marchand and having the need to upgrade the team speed. 

He also wants the B's to pass on re-signing Iginla to take a run at Gaborik. 

I like the way the team is constructed and they already have speed and skill.  They laid an egg against the Habs, it happens.  Stay the course.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Which forwards have speed and skill

[/QUOTE]

Most of them you dolt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Hags is a fool. 1st lines awesome, don't change a thing. 2nd lines awesome, don't change a thing. 3rd lines awesome, maybe trade Kelly. If someone wants to make the case that the fourth line should be blown up, I'm listening

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Was Jerome Iginla ever really fast???

NO.

Why in Gods name then....has he always been considered elite?  I guess 30 goals a year doesn't mean much huh?

Do the Blackhawks have anyone as fast as Denis Savard?

NO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always nice to get more of what the OP is asking for. Watching the 2 Conference finals indicates that. It's probably time for Bruins to go the route of dipping into the farm team to add to this as some suggest. This would also satisfy those who complain about aged players on the team.

P.S. The trading of Marchand for Eberle would be a swapping in and out of talented players. Can't see how it would be an upgrade in speed and skill when the Bruins would be losing one of their quickest, shiftiest players with the puck.

IMO Marchand is quicker then Eberle.

[/QUOTE]

You said it better than I did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"6. Better officiating, specifically in game 7

7. Fewer or no key injuries (Seids, Kelly, Chara to a lesser degree)"

Bruins management can't address #6 but they can address #7 with better depth.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

[/QUOTE]

Yes they can address #6.  If there is 1 thing we can learn from Therrien and Montreal, it's that lobbying the officials pay huge dividends.  Not only while the game is being played, but in the conclaves of public opinion.

Tell most hockey fans in Canada and the U.S. that Montreal is one of the leagues most penalized teams, and that the Boston Bruins teetering on being in the "least" category...............

They'll call you a liar.  Based on all the innuendo...all the whining, all the stories...they would find that statement very difficult to accept.

Geez...I'm a huge Bruin fan with rose colored glasses.  I hate the Canadiens, and even I'm surprised that Boston is ranked 15th and Montreal is 5th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Always nice to get more of what the OP is asking for. Watching the 2 Conference finals indicates that. It's probably time for Bruins to go the route of dipping into the farm team to add to this as some suggest. This would also satisfy those who complain about aged players on the team.

P.S. The trading of Marchand for Eberle would be a swapping in and out of talented players. Can't see how it would be an upgrade in speed and skill when the Bruins would be losing one of their quickest, shiftiest players with the puck.

IMO Marchand is quicker then Eberle.

[/QUOTE]

You said it better than I did.

[/QUOTE]

Except, of course, Eberle has way more talent and upside and is not a penalty magnet.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

I don't care what anyone says, the Habs got LUCKY plain and simple.  The Bruins were the best team in the NHL this year and if it wasn't for a bunch of lucky bounces, crossbar clanks, and biased refs favoring the Habs - the B's would have EASILY won and probably wiped the ice with New York and whomever came out of the West in the Cup Final.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:[QUOTE] "6. Better officiating, specifically in game 7

7. Fewer or no key injuries (Seids, Kelly, Chara to a lesser degree)" 

Bruins management can't address #6 but they can address #7 with better depth.[/QUOTE]

Yes they can address #6.  If there is 1 thing we can learn from Therrien and Montreal, it's that lobbying the officials pay huge dividends.  Not only while the game is being played, but in the conclaves of public opinion.[/QUOTE]

I felt Julien did plenty in doing his job addressing the refs during games against the Canadiens, he was all over them.

Public Opinion ? Montreal got 8 PPs last game in NY. I see no changes from what you, I , the public against what the current NHL refs think. Laughing at Montreal fans that think Bettman and NBC are trying to send NY to the SCF.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Depth is a sticky wicket I think. Good depth in the NHL means that you have a B- player to put on the ice when your A- player goes down. With the salary cap, it's the best you can expect. In the Bruins case, and whether this changes with a year of experience is debatable, they replaced their A- (Seidenberg) with a  player playing  C- hockey (Bartkowski) and two D players acquired on the trade deadline.

Going forward, what the Bruins need is more upward push from Providence and with Spooner and Khokhlachev and Fraser and Morrow, they might have it.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Haggs is out there leading the charge with this; both trading Marchand and having the need to upgrade the team speed. 

I like the way the team is constructed and they already have speed and skill.  They laid an egg against the Habs, it happens.  Stay the course.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most of them you dolt.

[/QUOTE]

Really again who idiot- lucic krejci berg ig loui...who.. make me a favor stay away .. its better here without u.. go stick with fergie jr

[/QUOTE]

Marco you telling people this is place is better without them isn't a smart direction for you to take things. Who has speed and skill? Bartkowski, krug, Hamilton, lucic (not quick, but when he gets going he is fast) Marchand, Bergeron, smith, eriksson, paille and soderberg or would you like me to abbreviate the names to suit your intelligence?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most of them you dolt.

[/QUOTE]

Really again who idiot- lucic krejci berg ig loui...who.. make me a favor stay away .. its better here without u.. go stick with fergie jr

[/QUOTE]

Marco you telling people this is place is better without them isn't a smart direction for you to take things. Who has speed and skill? Bartkowski, krug, Hamilton, lucic (not quick, but when he gets going he is fast) Marchand, Bergeron, smith, eriksson, paille and soderberg or would you like me to abbreviate the names to suit your intelligence?

[/QUOTE]

Read I said forwards...lucic berg krejci eriksson no speed u gt that or hows this average speed hence no breakaways

March only speedster ... paille oh tea great skillset for a 4th liner tremndous talent

Bostonfan ur lost totally lost 

Lucic.... not a good skater ... he's good blue line in. Hands are average at best.  No slapshot. Shows a good wrist shot.  at times but not consistent.  I know he scored 30 one year yet hes not a high skilled speedster. .krejci crafty not fast... he has a lazy weak shot but good passer. Notorious hot playoff player except for last year which I was not surprised. ..happens to all players.

Eriksson..  not fast although he has shown ability to get away g from his defender well I saw it once.  Saw him at bell looks like jelly.. 

Now hoping this oriented u a little

[/QUOTE]

Speed, in most cases, has little to do with creating break aways. But you've never played hockey so you wouldn't know that. Understandable 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Yeah, marco, sub flew by ham when he came out of the penalty box to get a breakaway.  No, wait, nevermind. Thst didn't happen because ham skated towards the puck carrier because he didn't know sub was coming out of the box.  Tsht was a mental error and had nothing to do with speed.  Pandolfo would've gotten a breakaway there if he was coming out of the box for the Canadiens.  Hopefully, you might understand if I write ham and sub for Hamilton and Subban.  I also wrote thst instead of that to help you understand better.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Sometimes Marco, players decide to make stretch passes. Sometimes d men don't control their gaps. That's what cause breakaways. And you don't want to skate

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] He also wants the B's to pass on re-signing Iginla to take a run at Gaborik. 

I like the way the team is constructed and they already have speed and skill.  They laid an egg against the Habs, it happens.  Stay the course.[/QUOTE]

I do think that the days of Gaborik demanding $6.5-$7M a year are over but I don't see him taking an incentive laden contract from Boston.

Could you give me a little more detail as to "stay the course" ?

How many more years do the Bruins have to make a run at the the cup with it's current core ?

[/QUOTE]

Think that's the question, what's the window.  Much of the core is still young and signed to multi-year deals, save Krejci and maybe Eriksson.  Biggest concern is the aging Chara/Seidenberg combo. 

At least a 2-3 year window IMO. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

At least a 2-3 year window IMO. 

[/QUOTE]

In the absence of any major changes.....3 years would be a good guess.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to BostonIrishGuy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care what anyone says, the Habs got LUCKY plain and simple.  The Bruins were the best team in the NHL this year and if it wasn't for a bunch of lucky bounces, crossbar clanks, and biased refs favoring the Habs - the B's would have EASILY won and probably wiped the ice with New York and whomever came out of the West in the Cup Final.

[/QUOTE]

That's not true. The Bruins played the Habs 11 times this year . I guess 7 wins by the Habs was just luck.   Spare me. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Even "the window" is kind of out in left field.  That term doesn't make sense to me.  Same as moving all these guys doesn't make sense.

Every team has "pieces".  Those pieces can be traded, but it's difficult to get an immediate upgrade.  There's FA and the deadline, but the Cap kind of puts that in perspective.  Good teams have to give up a little of the present, to move up in the draft

Short term, there is little that can be done, to get a lot better quickly.  Massive change has a better chance of working the opposite way.

In a perfect world, the B's should be a powerhouse forever.  You merely move 1 of your aging core pieces just before the rest of the world see's their decline, and take on a youngster that in 2 years becomes a star.  You move people slowly and methodically, so the roster is evolving, rather than seeing huge change.

Wish it was that easy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE] Could you give me a little more detail as to "stay the course" ?

How many more years do the Bruins have to make a run at the the cup with it's current core ? [/QUOTE]

Think that's the question, what's the window.  Much of the core is still young and signed to multi-year deals, save Krejci and maybe Eriksson.  Biggest concern is the aging Chara/Seidenberg combo

At least a 2-3 year window IMO. [/QUOTE]

Agree on the 1-2 Dmen and on the window. That is why I didn't like the gamble that PC made at the deadline.