Need Help Understanding Jack Edwards Quote

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Need Help Understanding Jack Edwards Quote

What the hell does, "stuffy in a kid's bedroom" mean?  I know Jack has been known to say some pretty crazy stuff, but this one just had me baffled.  For those who didn't hear this quote, it was just after Marchand's hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadBear. Show BigBadBear's posts

Re: Need Help Understanding Jack Edwards Quote

Stuffed Animal 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Need Help Understanding Jack Edwards Quote:
    Stuffed Animal 
    Posted by BigBadBear

Yeah, but what does that have to do with Marchand's hit?  Is he saying that Marchand hit Duchene like a kid would hit a stuffed animal?  Makes absolutely no sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Duchene did look like a stuffed animal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Play by play is hard.  Try it sometime.  Put the game on mute and try describing the action with any sort of interesting words. 

Many years ago I thought it was easy.  I tried it.  It sounded something like this:

Bourque passes to Guerin.  Guerin crosses the blue line.  Pass to Samsonov.  Samsonov loses the puck.  The Rangers take it back.  Bourque steals the puck.  Passes to Allison.  Allison takes a shot.  Save Richter.  There's a whistle.

Boooooooorrrrring!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

I had to watch yesterday with an Avs feed. My God was it horrible. They spoke and laughed throughout the broadcast, I hardly knew a game was going on. They debated for 5 min about some Av player sent to the AHL only to stop to mention Looch scored, then went back taling about this guy. I think they only called out 4 Bruin names throghout the whole play by play.

Please think about posting anything negative about Jack Edwards. Anyone who posts a negative thought should be made to watch that Avs telecatst.

Now, I know what hell will be like. I am changing my ways, I am goint to be a better person.

Go B's   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i thought the same thing, i have directv w/center ice pkg. and i flipped back and forth the avs broadcast team i dont think they knew most of the bruins players names, and their studio girl doesnt hold a candle to Kathryn Tappen in looks or knowledge. makes you realize the bruin telecast is actually very good overall

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yea I LMAO when I herd that quote.  Why not ??? 
    I'de rather hear Jack than Bob Cole with his "Bruins tough guy " quote towards Krejci. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Yeah Jack drops some gems. My Favorite was this year when he goes "Thomas's Chineese leg splits".. Its one reason why he's great never know what he's going to say or stutter. BUt its usually entertaining.

He just needs to watch his mouth about stats like "NYR havent scored a PP goal in 67 tries' 2 seconds later "NYR PP GOAL!!!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

BsLegion - I know what you mean about Bob Cole on CBC...he is a legend in sportscasting and was the best at his craft 10-15 years ago, but HNIC has moved him from the national broadcasts in favour of Jim Hughson, who is very good.

Cole was doing the Habs-Ducks game last night and after Anaheim won in the SO, he said that the point that Montreal got was a big point since it ties Montreal with Boston in the standings...too bad he missed the Bruins thumping Colorado yesterday afternoon.

Yes, Bob's better days are behind him and he will probably eventually be in the HHOF some day but you have to respect his service over the years.

One of the bigger CBC broadcast issues from last night and the during the "tough guy Krecji" comments was that the colour guy (Craig Simpson, I think) didn't even correct him or clarify that he might have been thinking of Lucic or that Boston maintained a two point lead in the standings.

BTW - I too have NHL CI and prefer Jack and Brick over practically any other broadcast teams...I will always look for the NESN feed before anything else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

bingo bongo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

Jack Edwards is Awsome ~ i could listen to the Lucic pummeling of Komisarek for another 10 years and not get bored of it. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts