Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's?

I am in a draft Playoff Pool, and am really unsure of who will be there. So, who will be the last 2 teams standing in each Conference? 

I'm thinking:
    East
    Boston and Washington
    Dark Horse - NY Rangers

West 
    Vancouver and San Jose
    Dark Horses - Chicago and Anahiem.

Thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's?

Can't predict until final standings are set, to know matchups.

Ana and SJ may face each other, but I like both their chances.

Bos Was could happen, our first round will be a doozy to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's?:
    [QUOTE]Can't predict until final standings are set, to know matchups. Ana and SJ may face each other, but I like both their chances. Bos Was could happen, our first round will be a doozy to win.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Boston wins the first round.  They should be rested and eager - Horton, Campbell, Marchand in for the first time, Kaberle with a legitimate shot at going far, Seidenberg and Peverley as well.  Chara, Thomas, Krejci, Bergeron, Ference, Lucic should be chomping at the bit, following last two years.  Ryder has everything to prove if he wants another contract (not with us).  Paille playing his best since last year v. Sabres.  Hnidy ready to play if McQuaid falters.  Seguin watches the beginning games, depending on whether Ryder performs.  Bring on Montreal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anaheim and Detroit in the Western Conference finals. Boston-Pittsburgh in Eastern Conference finals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I like Vancouver and Detroit from the West and Bruins/Washington from the East. 

Pittsburg is a wildcard from the East and Anaheim from the West.

I see Vancouver taking the Cup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

[QUOTE]Anaheim and Detroit in the Western Conference finals. Boston-Pittsburgh in Eastern Conference finals.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog -- I have Detroit and Anaheim meeting in the first round.  The Wings have a home and home against a shaky Chicago team.  I think they take at least 3 points away there to bump into 2nd place.

I'd love to see Dallas sneak in front of the Hawks.  I've come full circle on Patrick Kane.  Used to love him, now I can't stand him.  Toews and Hossa are a couple robots.  Not enough emotion out of them.  Too much JD Drew / Michael Ryder in them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FerenceONpoint. Show FerenceONpoint's posts

To answer the original question:

East -- Washington and Boston

West -- San Jose and Anaheim

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]To answer the original question: East -- Washington and Boston West -- San Jose and Anaheim
    Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]

This^^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I never bet on hockey (as much as I would like to) I just stick to watching the games, especially the Bruins.  Two things that I would avoid, based on history, are teams that have over-achieved through hard work, and teams that have over-achieved in the absence of a player.  So, New York to me is out.  Same with Pittsburgh.  Even if Crosby comes back, there will be a let down from his teammates and an awkwardness from the guys that got them there that have to step aside for him.  History also shows that young scoring stars have an adjustment their first playoff run (think Crosby, Yzerman and even Gretzky) so I would forget about Tampa Bay.  Also, I put little faith in the stretch run, in fact teams riding too high might be ready for a fall, no one can be on fire for too long.  For me Washington will probably fizzle after a round.  So I like the Flyers, Bruins, Canadiens.  I don't like the Sabers very much, I just don't think they are good enough.  Out west I think Detroit is a special team and Vancouver is obviously strong.  Anaheim is great but I think they spent their goods and I don't think San Jose will ever get it done.  If they play each other, I like Anaheim.  If I had to pick a surprise upset team, it would be Nashville or Phoenix, whichever doesn't play Detroit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

West - Anaheim/Chicago

East - Pittsburgh/Buffalo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Remember not to bank on teams that could meet in the second round, like a 2nd and third seed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

East round one

1. Washington v 8. Buffalo
    2. Philadelphia v 7. New York
    3. Boston v 6. Montreal
    4. Pittsburgh v 5. Tampa

West round one
    1. Vancouver v 8. Dallas
    2. Detroit v 7. Anaheim
    3. San Jose v 6. Los Angeles
    4. Nashville v 5. Phoenix

East round 2

2. Philadelphia v 8. Buffalo
    5. Tampa v 6. Montreal

West Round 2

1. Vancouver v 4. Nashville
    2. Detroit v 3. San Jose

East Finals

2. Philadelphia v 5. Tampa

West Finals

1. Vancouver v 3. San Jose

SC finals

2. Philadelphia v 3. San Jose

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

East
    Boston and Pittsburg (a fresh Crosby is back) 

Dark Horse - Washington
    West 
    Vancouver and San Jose

Dark Horse -   Anaheim.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

two teams from the east, two teams from the west... still looking for someone to help me find a crystal ball. where do you guys find them?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hard to say now but I'll take a Wash/SJ Cup Finals

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

finals isn't quite as impossible, wait , let me look into my crystal ball(found one on e-bay)...it's coming to me, getting clearer......it looks like boston versus san jose---whoa!! bis joe coming home to play the team that gave up on him to get better... now THAT'S a story line!!!! imagine it 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Philly v. Wash in the East
    Vancouver v. Detroit in the West

Vancouver over Philly for the cup.

Boston gone no later than 2nd round, maybe even in the first. God I hope I'm wrong!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Unfortunately I cant see boston making it out of the first round. None of the 3 possible opponents (habs, Rags, sabres) present a favorable matchup for boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's? : SanDog -- I have Detroit and Anaheim meeting in the first round.  The Wings have a home and home against a shaky Chicago team.  I think they take at least 3 points away there to bump into 2nd place. I'd love to see Dallas sneak in front of the Hawks.  Posted by FerenceONpoint[/QUOTE]

Then I need to see the Ducks sneak up to 6th then because that will ruin my plans for Anaheim I want them taking out San Jose as they don't match up well against your avatar's Wings.

Dallas has to win all three remaining games then have the Ducks and Hawks drop a few I just don't see it FOP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Canucks & Sharks are best bets in the west....

in the east, where at least half the teams possess superior goaltending, it's a crapshoot....

and the Sharks will lift Lord Stanley led by Conn Smythe winner....  Patrick Marleau.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

philly and pitt if sid comes back, wash if he doesnt.

Det v SJ

Darkhorse, the kings.  Loaded upfront and on D, plus 2 good tenders and theyre heating up.  Kings will be a tough draw.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Unfortunately, I don't see the BRUINS getting past round 1 as one previous poster wrote in another conversation, the Bruins are all muckers and grinders and just do not have the speed or the talent to go very far. As much as it hurts me to say it, it is the truth. We need a skilled team not a defensive team that grinds. Skill and talent usually wins out over grinding and defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guys,
    I said this last week and I am sticking with it.  IF the Ducks draw Van. they will get the upset win.  Take Torres/Manny outta that lineup and its the same team that lost last year.  They have a lot of injuries on the back end.

So, depending on matchups I see these three teams in the West

Ducks/SJ/Detroit

East
    Bruins vs Washington

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Need Help - What 4 teams make the Semi's?:
    [QUOTE]I am in a draft Playoff Pool, and am really unsure of who will be there. So, who will be the last 2 teams standing in each Conference?  I'm thinking: East Boston and Washington Dark Horse - NY Rangers West  Vancouver and San Jose Dark Horses - Chicago and Anahiem. Thoughts.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

Rangers will play Caps 1st round...OUT ...Wash in 5
    Flyers will play Mtl or Buff....if they play Mtl ...Flyers out
    Bruins no matter if they play Mtl or Buff....BRUINS
    Pitt vs TB.............................................PIT

West ....Vancouver- Anaheim-Det- Nash

Stanley Cup final ...BRUINS - ANAHEIM....Stanley Cup winner...read the following

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stanley,

Van is going down.  Too many injuries and now suspension.  Teams win the cup with health.  Van  is gonna find that out.

Philly will easily beat Montreal or Boston.
    I will take Tampa over Pitt as well.  They just seem to match up against them well. Gotta tip my cap to Pitt though...great season minus two superstars and piles of injuries.