need stats on diving call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

need stats on diving call

just out of curiosity, posters, how many diving calls can you recall since the rule has been on the books?  was it accompanied by a matching original infraction? i can only recall maybe one or two, but i do know each was matching minors. i'm going to do some research....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Re: need stats on diving call

In Response to need stats on diving call:
    [QUOTE]just out of curiosity, posters, how many diving calls can you recall since the rule has been on the books?  was it accompanied by a matching original infraction? i can only recall maybe one or two, but i do know each was matching minors. i'm going to do some research....
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I think I've seen that call 1 or 2 times in the past 2 years.  I heard on 98.5 yesterday that there were only 22 (I think that's what they said) called in the NHL this year. With about 1200 games played, that's about 1 call every 50 games - not nearly enough.

Let us know what you find (if anything). I'm curious how many of those were called on Montreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from polishprince19. Show polishprince19's posts

There was 33 diving calls this year and 30 out of 33 were accompenied by an opposing player being called also for a hook or trip. So a grand total of 3 straight up dives were called.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: need stats on diving call:
    [QUOTE] There was 33 diving calls this year and 30 out of 33 were accompenied by an opposing player being called also for a hook or trip. So a grand total of 3 straight up dives were called.
    Posted by polishprince19[/QUOTE]

Which is totally ridiculous, in my opinion.

Why would you call offsetting minors? Whic one is it? Did the player dive/embellish or was he tripped/hooked? How can it be both? Aren't the refs there to make those decisions on the ice?

It seems to me they don't want to take the bull by the horns so they call both players involved. Makes absolutely no sense to me!

Sections
Shortcuts