Needs to change

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Needs to change

Simply put - they are getting out competed and out hit.
    Against the Rangers 27 - 12
    Against the Flyers  39 - 24

The absurd winning streak is over
    Vancouver came and went
    Fighting doesn't make you the "big bad bruins"
    Preaching 5 on 5 doesn't mean flybys

This team can repeat, but not with numbers like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Needs to change

i think they feel the way i do... their hits are judged differently than others. lucic breathes on somebody and he gets a game misconduct. i think they are gun-shy when it comes to hitting right now. there is a "bruins are dirty" vibe out there, and the recent suspensions back up that assumption. i don't think anyone knows what is a clean hit, and what is a dirty hit. hitting miller kinda OK, elbowing ference in the head OK, hit on horton OK, ference hit not OK, marchand flip not OK, marchand slew foot- kinda OK .... can you blame the bruins(and ALL players) for not knowing where the line between clean and dirty lies?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

absolutely agree..yes they are the best 5 on 5 te am in the league.but that powerplay is awful. The pk isn't Too bad. Being the Stanley Cup champs comes with a price..everyone is gunning for you and using each game they play against you as a measuring stick. Can they repeat...sure they can, are parts of there game that they can improve on...yes.no team is perfect.They are built for the playoffs.As long as their healthy going in they have a great shot

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

They did take three out of 4 points on the weekend.  I would have been happy with that if it were offered on Friday...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Needs to change": [QUOTE]They did take three out of 4 points on the weekend.  I would have been happy with that if it were offered on Friday... Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE] Lol..we are the envy of the rest of the league Fletch. Even though we lost against the Rangers.on Saturday.I was still happy with the way they played. 3 out of 4 against those two clubs...not mad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hits can be deceiving at times.  It could translate the Bruins have more puck possession and therefore will get hit more .
    I have seen many Bruin players not finishing their checks. Some players are confused on what a good hit is and what's bad to avoid suspension. 
    Between the NHL disciplinary commission , coaches and GMs of other teams lobbying against the Bruins might have something to do with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't pay too much attention to hits stats.  Different hit judges record hits differently.  I remember one year when something like the top 10 hitters were all from one team because their hometown judge recorded every bit of contact a hit. I have no problem with the Bruins physical play or their passion. I have a problem with Hartnell getting three identical goals from the same spot, from the same pass and going uncovered, I have a problem with Ference running a guy into the boards and taking a major to kill the team in OT, but I don't have a problem with the hitting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Needs to change:
    [QUOTE]They did take three out of 4 points on the weekend.  I would have been happy with that if it were offered on Friday...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, boy we're a bunch of nitpickers, who would have thought a few years ago that today,nothing less than 82-0, would be justified? It's great to be a B's fan.LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i posted something simialar a week or two ago, they are not dictating the game, they are reacting to the other team. in a nutshell they are not finishing checks consistently.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Although I agree that the Bruins aren't hitting like they were when they were playing awesome hockey I'm not a big fan of how they keep the hit stat.

For my own curiosity earlier this season I taped a game, re-watched it and counted the hits for both teams. Halfway through the game I had more hits then what was officially counted. I thought what do they constitute as a hit that shows up on the stat sheet ? And I only counted the hard hits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

to my way of thinking this is a solid Bruins team. The schedule was back-breaking last week playing Sat. Mom.Tue, Thur, Sat , Sunday. ^ games in 8 days is rather ridiculous.  I agree with Oatescam on Hartnell's three goals, and can only conclude that Timmy was weary for not moving more toward the post after the first goal. Of course some defenders were also flat footed in those instances. IMO Claude has been trying to avoid penalties and is preaching " be careful" which does slow the process.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Needs to change:
    [QUOTE]Although I agree that the Bruins aren't hitting like they were when they were playing awesome hockey I'm not a big fan of how they keep the hit stat. For my own curiosity earlier this season I taped a game, re-watched it and counted the hits for both teams. Halfway through the game I had more hits then what was officially counted. I thought what do they constitute as a hit that shows up on the stat sheet ? And I only counted the hard hits.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. In the game against Detroit, Bergeron made 3 hits on 1 shift and got credit for none. It's ridiculously inconsistent sometimes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Every season has peaks and valleys. The team opened with a valley, and then played really well. Amazingly enough, I think this is a valley. Thats right, being in every game and winning the majority of them is a low point for this team. thats how good they are. the playoffs is where they will shine, and they won't get outhit too often unless they have the puck the whole time, which is a distinct possibility.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Remain healthy.  That's all I ask...along with some depth moves at the deadline.  This is a long grind of the year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If they are going to move Corvo, I would rather see them do it sooner rather than later so whoever comes in has more time to adjust to the system and the team atmosphere.