Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans!

We , the loyal Bruins fans DEMAND accountability for the actions taken during this trading deadline period.  Telling us 'We tried our best' just won't do it this time around.

We want complete details of every trade attempt. Which player was targeted,
    what was offered...and why it the trade attempt failed.

We the people have a right to know ! We demand it !  If we fail to get this
    information , we will call for an all out boycott of the team until management is replaced !

Are you reading this Cam and Peter ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans!

wow, a list of demands...i like where this is headed! i'm sure you'll get a full briefing by morning-

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You might have your chain of command mixed up. Neely and PC are accountable to one person...their employer. It is the responsibility of the employer to be accountable to his customers....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Actually, you have absolutely ZERO right to know - and no, they are not reading this.

Shut up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans!:
    [QUOTE]they have NONE. the way it should be. they don't have to answer to you. PC is smarter than you, much much much smarter than you. he knows more about hockey than you. He knows whats best for the Bruins shorter term and long term....you lose.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

We all lose !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Man, this is silly -- the notion that the President and GM have some obligation to appease 'Joe the fan' with every move.  No.  They are not government.  They are a private company.  They owe nothing in terms of accountability.  If you don't like it, don't buy the product.

Try being a fan of a team that doesn't make the playoffs, you'll go nuts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'd love to see this, simply because a behind-the-scene trade deadline read would be fascinating.  That, and it might put to rest some of the complaints such as "he should have traded for X!"  Or it might incite more complaints, but at least they would be complaints about actual decisions instead of suppositions and hopes.

It will never happen, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! : no i'm perfectly happy watching this team get better and better and better because it is very clear that we should be confident in their roster, collection of picks and prospects, and management. you lose because you don't understand how this league works, and refuse to appreciate anything

P , it's you that doesn't understand the league. There is no time to wait. If we go the draft and development route...we'll lose half the current roster by the time Toronto's first round pick is ready to make major contribution to the Bruin's
    success.  In other words, Boston is currently good enough to take the chance and add a few key pieces so we get a really good shot at the cup !  We're not Ottawa, Florida, NyI, or Edmonton. Our chance is now !!! Do you get it ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! : tell me the last time that a major block buster trade led to a team winning a cup.....might take a while to look back that far. so drafting and developing doesn't work. Well, isn't that what chicago did? with keith, kane, and toews. isn't that what pittsburgh did? wait isn't that pretty much what detroit did? and the ducks, and carolina? do i need to keep going. in the salary cap era the ONLY way to have a consistent contending team is to draft, and develop, and not make huge trades. make trades for complimentary parts. Ask pittsburgh, they'll tell you that the Hossa deal was a mistake

Stop battering him with logic and reason pbergeron.

Instead of developing a winner like the last ten teams that have won a Stanley Cup the Bruins need to have the conviction of drunk suicide bomber and pull off multiple fairy-tale trades and win the Cup overnight with all of the unwanted All-Star players on other teams.  A quick fix you know?  Just as simple as can be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

This has got to be the stupidest thread in a while.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

oh come on, this is a joke thread just to get people riled.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! : tell me the last time that a major block buster trade led to a team winning a cup.....might take a while to look back that far. so drafting and developing doesn't work. Well, isn't that what chicago did? with keith, kane, and toews. isn't that what pittsburgh did? wait isn't that pretty much what detroit did? and the ducks, and carolina? do i need to keep going. in the salary cap era the ONLY way to have a consistent contending team is to draft, and develop, and not make huge trades. make trades for complimentary parts. Ask pittsburgh, they'll tell you that the Hossa deal was a mistake

Hossa was a mistake for Pittsburg, as was Gonchar for the Bruins years ago when Big Joe was at the helm.  Boston has been 'rebuilding' since they traded Thornton,  how many years ago?  What I'm saying is ...let's go for it now.
    Building for the future is what Florida, Edmonton, Ottawa are doing becasue they don't have a chance in hell to win the cup let alone make the playoffs.

If you and your other firends on this site don't beleive the Bruins can win the cup this year I'll understand why you're so agaisnt Chiarelli trading TO's first round pick for a proven young stud at the blueline...otherwise you're all out of your minds .   We'll be forever building a contender but never good enough to win the cup.   IS THAT WHAT YOU ALL WANT ! WAKE UP !

I've been a Bruins fan ALL my life.  Celebrated the last 2 cups . We're close !
    Closer than we've ever been since the early 70's.  You all know this Bruin's squad would be the favored to win the cup if we still had Bourque right?

Well, I'm suggesting Chiarelli trade draft picks and potential prospects for an offensive Dman that will help this team for years to come. Bogosian, Brewer
    and I'd even try for Shea Weber or Yadl because I know with any one of these guys our chances will be ecellent and the rest of the team will be re-energized.

Now do you get !  I know Cam gets it and Chiarelli is too conservative to get it, but I'm hopeful he come around.           

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! : Stop battering him with logic and reason pbergeron. Instead of developing a winner like the last ten teams that have won a Stanley Cup the Bruins need to have the conviction of drunk suicide bomber and pull off multiple fairy-tale trades and win the Cup overnight with all of the unwanted All-Star players on other teams.  A quick fix you know?  Just as simple as can be.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Hey Fletch, when's the last time you posted something original and genuine ?

You sound more like a Montreal fan than a true Bruin fan. Wake up !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]oh come on, this is a joke thread just to get people riled.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]  

Whatever !  I know I'm riled ! If we all let our feelings be known Bruin's management will have to listen to the frustration we feel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! : Stop battering him with logic and reason pbergeron. Instead of developing a winner like the last ten teams that have won a Stanley Cup the Bruins need to have the conviction of drunk suicide bomber and pull off multiple fairy-tale trades and win the Cup overnight with all of the unwanted All-Star players on other teams.  A quick fix you know?  Just as simple as can be.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That's the best response to this topic I've seen yet.  Sooo true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! :     Hossa was a mistake for Pittsburg, as was Gonchar for the Bruins years ago when Big Joe was at the helm.  Boston has been 'rebuilding' since they traded Thornton,  how many years ago?  What I'm saying is ...let's go for it now. Building for the future is what Florida, Edmonton, Ottawa are doing becasue they don't have a chance in hell to win the cup let alone make the playoffs. If you and your other firends on this site don't beleive the Bruins can win the cup this year I'll understand why you're so agaisnt Chiarelli trading TO's first round pick for a proven young stud at the blueline...otherwise you're all out of your minds .   We'll be forever building a contender but never good enough to win the cup.   IS THAT WHAT YOU ALL WANT ! WAKE UP ! I've been a Bruins fan ALL my life.  Celebrated the last 2 cups . We're close ! Closer than we've ever been since the early 70's.  You all know this Bruin's squad would be the favored to win the cup if we still had Bourque right? Well, I'm suggesting Chiarelli trade draft picks and potential prospects for an offensive Dman that will help this team for years to come. Bogosian, Brewer and I'd even try for Shea Weber or Yadl because I know with any one of these guys our chances will be ecellent and the rest of the team will be re-energized.   Now do you get !  I know Cam gets it and Chiarelli is too conservative to get it, but I'm hopeful he come around.           
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Two things.  1.  Gonchar wasn't a mistake.  He added what he was supposed to for that playoff run.  Not his fault.  Would have been better if he signed as a FA, but he didn't. That's the chance you take with a pending UFA. 2.  This team could win the cup, but a lot of stars would have to align.  Thinks like that do happen, but it's like a lottery win, ask your financial planner if you should plan your rertirement around a lottery win. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely and Chiarelli Accountability to the Fans! : That's right.  They already have a team that's built for years to come.  Getting a big name doesn't mean we're putting all our eggs in one basket.  Even if it takes all of our draft picks in the 2011 draft.  That's how much confidence I have in the guys on this team that are 25 and under.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Well put Matt ! At least someone here can see where the Bruins are really at !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from don444. Show don444's posts

[QUOTE]they have NONE. the way it should be. they don't have to answer to you. PC is smarter than you, much much much smarter than you. he knows more about hockey than you. He knows whats best for the Bruins shorter term and long term....you lose.

after all these years with nothing the fan knows what they want and need. Long term is up and nothing to show.... I think MANAGEMENT loses...The fans know best!!!

Sections
Shortcuts