Neely/Chiarelli Q&A

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Neely/Chiarelli Q&A

Hi kids,

Tonight I went to a season ticket holder presser with Cam and Peter. Not a lot of people showed up and too bad they didn't. A complimentary copy of Full 60 to history was given to each attendee at the end.

A couple of things I wanted to share with you from this event. #1: I saw no reporters but you never know. They could have been hiding out.

A question was asked about concussions and the safety of players. Peter is an advocate for bringing back the redline (me too). They also mentioned the league is looking at the shoulder pads.

No one asked about Tim Thomas, but someone asked about Marc Savard. Peter said that Marc does not expect to be playing ever again. To which the dude goes "what is he milking it?" in a really ignorant tone. The look on Peter and Cam's face combined with the reaction from the crowd forced him to back pedal and apologize for using the term. They explained that contracts are guaranteed money regardless of injury and there is also insurance money. Savard being on the book does not affect the Bruins from going out and getting another player.

Resignings: Peter made it a point to tell us that they are currently talking to Shawn Thornton to keep him in a Bruins uniform. SUCK IT FELGER! They also hope to sign Chris Kelly.
    One thing Peter was adamant about, because someone asked about packaging Tuukka....I believe the same kid who accused Savvy of "milking it" BTW.  Peter said straight up. "Tuukka isn't going anywhere."

Someone asked if referees got reprimanded for bad games. The Vanouver game being a perfect example. Peter said that they in fact do, but it isn't always made public, but refs are assessed after each game. Their contracts are per season. So if they're really bad they won't be back the following season.

Would Peter make the trade for Tomas Kaberle if he had to do it all over again. Yes he would.

Trade deadline: Both Peter and Cam said that when you win the Cup other teams don't want to make deals with you. Both were laughing when they said it.

That's all i can recall right now but I thought i'd share it with all of you.

Kris

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A

Thanks for your effort and info, Krispy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thanks red headed chica! oh Krispy do you have any new Bruins photos up on Picasa ? If so leave a link on my page so I can check it out when I get back to me casa. Ha I had some rhymes in there...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Well done, Krispy.  Appreciate the inside peek.  The doofus-inspired statement re Savard aside, the questions sound like the kind any fan would ask.  Had to know Kaberle's name would come up, eh?  Speaking of Savard their reply regarding his future was the cold hard slap of unfortunate reality.  A shame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A:
    Thanks red headed chica! oh Krispy do you have any new Bruins photos up on Picasa ? If so leave a link on my page so I can check it out when I get back to me casa. Ha I had some rhymes in there...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Look out Dr. Dre!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Thanks for sharing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A : Look out Dr. Dre! Posted by RichHillOntario

Just need someone to put some beats to it now...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thanks for posting it Krispy, recall anything else let us know!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Thanks Krispy, much appreciated--glad Tuuka is (hopefully) here to stay!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

TRADE TIM THOMAS AN  LET YOUR DREAMS GO OUT THE BACK DOOR , THINK TUKKA CAN WIN I DONT THINK SO  CANT STOP A BEACH BALL LATELY

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thanks for the info... good stuff!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hey SanDog,

I haven't put any photos up lately unfortunately. It's on my list of things to do but i've been working 2 jobs plus the Foundation thing too. When I do post them I'll definitely let you all know. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

thanks for the info Krispy. Who let trol andebby into the park?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Awesome Krispy. Sounds like it was a pretty frank chat by the bosses. Refreshing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

You're welcome everyone! It was nice to get questions answered without the press and cameras being everywhere. Even though it was at the Garden the setting seemed rather intimate with so few people in attendance.

Someone asked how Nathan Horton was feeling and Peter said he felt good. After the hit he felt Ok but then was groggy the next day. Then he was asked if they thought about Sestito's hit and why it wasn't looked at. The explaination Peter was given was that the initial point of contact was the shoulder and THEN it moved to the head. Initial point of contact is everything in regards to shots to the head, I guess. Peter did say that he suspects a player like Sestito will see discipline if he continues to hit like that. He felt it was sneaky and high.

Vancouver game: Fans wanted the explanation as to how the Bruins were 2 men down with an ejected player after the scrum in the 1st period. Cam said, he'd like to hear the explaination as well and laughed. Clearly the league never told them why they were 2 men down, but the ref did apologize to them for ousting Lucic. That doesn't change the fact that they were down one of their top guys for the bulk of the game.

One thing Peter and Cam try to do is just accept what the league dishes out. They don't want to be that GM or President who whines all the time. Things run smoother when you're not the GM who cries foul all the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Well done, Krispy.  Appreciate the inside peek.  The doofus-inspired statement re Savard aside, the questions sound like the kind any fan would ask.  Had to know Kaberle's name would come up, eh?  Speaking of Savard their reply regarding his future was the cold hard slap of unfortunate reality.  A shame.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

You're right RHO, we all knew that Marc wasn't coming back but I think we held on to a glimmer of hope. Bergie being able to do it was my vessel, but I think Bergie is an exception to the rule. Peter said that Marc still suffers memory loss, but he feels good. Spending lots of time with his kids helps him a lot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Krispy, glad your back.   Seems you've been pretty busy.  Thanks for the info.  It's nice to know an insider!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Thx Krispy! Glad PC cleared up any more Rask being traded!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A : When I do post them I'll definitely let you all know. :) Posted by Krispy73

Thanks again Krispy you're still the coolest Ryder fan ever!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I got that book also as a gift from a secret admirer LOL
    Mine came with an autographed pic of Seidberg and a replica of the Stanley Cup Champions banner.  :)
    Anyway great stuff thanks. As a fan sometimes you want the GM and/or the organization to speak out at some of the injustice that happens to the team but I have to admit I really respect their approach.

Oh and you should edit this :

Resignings: Peter made it a point to tell us that they are currently talking to Shawn Thornton to keep him in a Bruins uniform. SUCK IT NAS !
    Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A : Thanks again Krispy you're still the coolest Ryder fan ever!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thanks SanDog! LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

I got that book also as a gift from a secret admirer LOL Mine came with an autographed pic of Seidberg and a replica of the Stanley Cup Champions banner.  :) Anyway great stuff thanks. As a fan sometimes you want the GM and/or the organization to speak out and some of the injustice that happens to the team but I have to admit I really respect their approach. Oh and you should edit this : Resignings: Peter made it a point to tell us that they are currently talking to Shawn Thornton to keep him in a Bruins uniform . SUCK IT NAS !
    Posted by BsLegion

Well aren't you special!

"Suck it!" to any Thornton detractor I say! :)

Coming down to Boston any time soon?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Cool info, I went to one of those a couple years back and they are pretty cool. The one I went to was before the season I think and had some players. It was funny because so many people asked very serious questions (many about PK), and finally this little girl stands up and asks Lucic what he eats for breakfast. The look on his face and his response were priceless.

PS your name still makes me want donuts...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I hope the NHL looks at the shoulder pads and also the elbow pads.
    The game a few weeks ago in Boston against Montreal  seeing Subban in the box jersey-less was a shock.  He had football equipment on.
     There were layers and layers of plastic cuffs as should pads.  Nuts !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A : Well aren't you special! "Suck it!" to any Thornton detractor I say! :) Coming down to Boston any time soon?
    Posted by Krispy73

Not till the snow starts to melt .  I came out of my hole, took a look and went back inside.

Sections
Shortcuts