Neely/Chiarelli Q&A

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A

In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A:
    [QUOTE]Cool info, I went to one of those a couple years back and they are pretty cool. The one I went to was before the season I think and had some players. It was funny because so many people asked very serious questions (many about PK), and finally this little girl stands up and asks Lucic what he eats for breakfast. The look on his face and his response were priceless. PS your name still makes me want donuts...
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmmmmmmm donuts!

What a sweet question! I wish there were kids at this one. They ask the best things.

I'm willing to bet that because it was just Cam and Peter with no players is why the crowd was small. Players being there would have lit a fire under people butts. :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]I hope the NHL looks at the shoulder pads and also the elbow pads. The game a few weeks ago in Boston against Montreal  seeing Subban in the box jersey-less was a shock.  He had football equipment on.  There were layers and layers of plastic cuffs as should pads.  Nuts !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Subban's pads seem unusually large but maybe he's just got broader shoulders than most guys....and a smaller head. LOL!

Seriously, the gear is way too hard for a game that's so fast. They have to get serious about this. Suspending every player for a high hit clearly isn't working.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A : Not till the snow starts to melt .  I came out of my hole, took a look and went back inside.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

You have snow? We've barely gotten any but i'm AOK with that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

I also was at this meeting, after the Chris Kelly question was asked, I got the impression that yes the Bruins are trying to re-sign him, however Kelly's agent seems ready to go to 7/1 as a UFA and test the market.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]I also was at this meeting, after the Chris Kelly question was asked, I got the impression that yes the Bruins are trying to re-sign him, however Kelly's agent seems ready to go to 7/1 as a UFA and test the market.
    Posted by ocram[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think youre right about that one. They didn't seem so confident about the question, unlike the unsolicited statement on Thornton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hope you attend other meets like this....Thanks. Nice to hear without questions from reporters. Thank you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thanks Krispy again, but I cannot let the Thornton issue just sit there. There is no doubt that Claude would like every player to imbibe of Thorny's energy and commiment. That's doable, but the real problem is Thornton's limited skills. He does give it his all, but there are many opportunities that are lost because his skills do not include puck handling and control. He was never expected to provide those particular skills, so he does give everything in his package. The questiion still remains, would the Campbell line play even better if they had a skilled and energetic right wing. that observation does not denigrate Thornton, and is clearly objective. It appears that Peter's comment indicates the value they place on Thornton's commitment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You didn't ask Chiarelli if he regrets letting Ryder go? Innocent

Sad to hear the view on Savard placed in such near-absolute terms.  Is my memory right that he and Lucic are good friends?  Probably a good thing he wasn't there for that comment.  I'm sure Lucic knows not to do anything to a fan, but he wouldn't have been happy.

Also interesting to hear the "teams don't want to help the champs" comment from a GM.  I'd seen it mentioned a few times here, and wasn't sure how true it might be.  Given their reaction, I wonder if they've already had some attempted trades this year that were shot down far faster than expected?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Krispy, did anyone ask about Campbell? I really hope PC locks him up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks Krispy. It's events like this that make me wish I lived in Mass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Thanks Krispy! Good stuff!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Krispy. It's events like this that make me wish I lived in Mass.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Goodbye Vancouver, hello Boston ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If wishing made it so Chowdah.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't ask Chiarelli if he regrets letting Ryder go?  Sad to hear the view on Savard placed in such near-absolute terms.  Is my memory right that he and Lucic are good friends?  Probably a good thing he wasn't there for that comment.  I'm sure Lucic knows not to do anything to a fan, but he wouldn't have been happy. Also interesting to hear the "teams don't want to help the champs" comment from a GM.  I'd seen it mentioned a few times here, and wasn't sure how true it might be.  Given their reaction, I wonder if they've already had some attempted trades this year that were shot down far faster than expected?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Smartie! :P

Someone had asked what Knight's style of play was like and they said Michael Ryder. I shot them the stink eye, but they didn't notice. LOL! They asked about Spooner too but I don't recall the player they compared him to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]Hope you attend other meets like this....Thanks. Nice to hear without questions from reporters. Thank you
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

I hope so too. I don't recall an event this small before but it was awesome.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]Krispy, did anyone ask about Campbell? I really hope PC locks him up.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anyone mentioning Campbell to be honest. Sorry. :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Krispy again, but I cannot let the Thornton issue just sit there. There is no doubt that Claude would like every player to imbibe of Thorny's energy and commiment. That's doable, but the real problem is Thornton's limited skills. He does give it his all, but there are many opportunities that are lost because his skills do not include puck handling and control. He was never expected to provide those particular skills, so he does give everything in his package. The questiion still remains, would the Campbell line play even better if they had a skilled and energetic right wing. that observation does not denigrate Thornton, and is clearly objective. It appears that Peter's comment indicates the value they place on Thornton's commitment.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

I totally see your point of view. You can't help but wonder about skill vs character. I just look back to when they let the character go a couple of seasons ago (Ward, Hnidy). The team dynamic wasn't there and that was the year Matt Cooke walked all over them. Character guys definitely contribute more than what we can see. Again, I totally see where you're coming from.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely/Chiarelli Q&A : Just need someone to put some beats to it now...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg, let's get 49 North. He should know a lot about beats. (I kid.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

So Kelly is holing up resigning for Real..that sucks.

Sections
Shortcuts