Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it."

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to mitchco98's comment:

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it.":

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : He's not booed or hated here in Toronto.  Maybe elsewhere.  Phaneuf also doesn't have his name on the Stanley Cup or a Stanley Cup championship ring.  Zdeno Chara has both.  Not bad for being "overrated."
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Brian Leetch won the Norris in 92 and 97 cup in 94 how did he do when Boston picked him up in 2005. I'll tell you his best years were behind him and this is exactly what will happen to Z.  My point is, if the price is right you move him becauce if you wait until his stats start going south your return will be next to nothing. Main reason we won the cup was TT not Z.

Two totally different players...Leetch's game was based on skill and skating...That tends to deteriate when one gets older..Now Charas skill may drop as he gets older but the fact that he 's 6 foot 9 and has that reach won't...Plus, have you considered the shape Chara keeps himself in?

Hey Kel, isn't it funny this thread is a year old and Mitchco still has the same lame act going? Notice the clown has only shown up once this season so far after the Sabres game? He told us all how awful Zee is and how bad Kessel would make him look. Oh no, the Bruins have given up 1 goal since. Ha ha ha ha ha!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to mitchco98's comment:

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : He's not booed or hated here in Toronto.  Maybe elsewhere.  Phaneuf also doesn't have his name on the Stanley Cup or a Stanley Cup championship ring.  Zdeno Chara has both.  Not bad for being "overrated."
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Brian Leetch won the Norris in 92 and 97 cup in 94 how did he do when Boston picked him up in 2005. I'll tell you his best years were behind him and this is exactly what will happen to Z.  My point is, if the price is right you move him becauce if you wait until his stats start going south your return will be next to nothing. Main reason we won the cup was TT not Z.

Two totally different players...Leetch's game was based on skill and skating...That tends to deteriate when one gets older..Now Charas skill may drop as he gets older but the fact that he 's 6 foot 9 and has that reach won't...Plus, have you considered the shape Chara keeps himself in?

Hey Kel, isn't it funny this thread is a year old and Mitchco still has the same lame act going? Notice the clown has only shown up once this season so far after the Sabres game? He told us all how awful Zee is and how bad Kessel would make him look. Oh no, the Bruins have given up 1 goal since. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Not funny, sad...He'll show up again saying the same lame stuff once the Bruins give up more than 3 goals in a loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

who is mitchco98 ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

who is mitchco98 ?

Chris Pronger I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Where do you think the focus should be?
    Posted by jmwalters

Goal scoring forwards. 

The B's didn't lose to the Caps because they couldn't score on the powerplay.  They lost becuase they couldn't score.  Rich Peverley isn't a first line winger in the NHL.  Jordan Caron isn't a first line winger in the NHL.

The fact that they had so many 20 goal scorers and no 30 goal scorers tells me that they had a lot of guys who can score one out of every four games, but none who can score one out of every two.

True that...improve the scorers and you automatically improve the PP and we're all happy. (You too?)

I am not looking to break the bank to get the #1 PP but I just want to see some consistency (20-23% would be nice) and take advantage of the opportunites given.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to bigbadbruinsfan's comment:

wasn't he here when Savvy ran the PP and we were hitting at a clip of about 22% when Savard was here?  

Mark Savard didn't need coaching on the PP, he was a naturally gifted passer (one of the best in the league). Joe Thorton doesn't need coaching on the PP either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

who is mitchco98 ?

Chris Pronger I think.

Haha, either him or Mike Milbury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

In response to bigbadbruinsfan's comment:

wasn't he here when Savvy ran the PP and we were hitting at a clip of about 22% when Savard was here?  

Mark Savard didn't need coaching on the PP, he was a naturally gifted passer (one of the best in the league). Joe Thorton doesn't need coaching on the PP either.

My thoughts, exactly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I hope they keep Lucic, Krejci, Seguin together.  If that line keeps rolling, you can just roll that same line out there for your PP.  I think a lot of the PP struggles are mental.  If you roll three forwards who are 5 on 5 linemats, it gives the impression that its just another shift, and prevents guys from getting anxious and trying to "do too much."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: coaching & the pp.

True, they don't have one of the very few elite passers in the game right now.

It looks to me like this team has talent and 4 guys who can pass really well, Seguin, Bergeron, Krecji and Hamilton.

I think the talent is there.  

I don't understand how coaching isn't the issue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

re: coaching & the pp.

True, they don't have one of the very few elite passers in the game right now.

It looks to me like this team has talent and 4 guys who can pass really well, Seguin, Bergeron, Krecji and Hamilton.

I think the talent is there.  

I don't understand how coaching isn't the issue.

I agree that coaching needs to be changed, but I disagree that we have the personel. I actually think Krejci is part of the problem on the power play. He's good @ even strength, but he's far too passive on the power-play. We need forwards that are constantly changing the angles via stickhandling, body positioning, and quick skating. Krejci, Horton, Lucic, & chara, don't fit the description. Bergeron is also pretty over-rated in this regard.

Brad Marchand is probably the only kid that I would say is active enough, and strong enough on the puck to make a defensemen over-commit and get drawn out of position. Seguin is active, but he isn't strong on the puck. The reason Seguin is out there is because he has a laser shot and can make cross-ice passes. Segs should be a key part of the eventual bruins power-play, but we need some little spark-plug that can stick-handle.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Does anyone on here still thinks it's ok to go into the playoffs with a PP this bad ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Does anyone on here still thinks it's ok to go into the playoffs with a PP this bad ?

Didn't do too bad in 2011 .. seriously Julien should make these guys watch tons of video of the  Detroit  PP .. It's like night and day .... Bruins system is too predictable, and too slow to organize in the offensive zone.. dump and chase doesn't work when the opposing D is retreating and beating you to the puck..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I just don't think that the Bruins can get away with it twice during a cup run. I can't watch how embarissing it is any longer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

A few times tonight during 5 on 5  the B's were cycling and totally dominating play - it looked like a PP.  Can't understand how that doesn't translate when they have the man advantage.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I just don't think that the Bruins can get away with it twice during a cup run. I can't watch how embarissing it is any longer.

I agree San Dog, and it isn't the players, that is what is so frustrating.. It's the system.. There is enough skill on this team that the PP should enhance  the Bruins 5 on 5 play.. Maybe they will bring in a new rule to decline the penalty ..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Tonight, our hard work and jump led to most of the PPs...it is a shame that that hard work goes unrewarded (except once tonight) night in night out with our 30th place PP.

However, I am confident that things will turn around and we'll be getting some PP goals soon enough. It can't stay like this, can it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Tonight, our hard work and jump led to most of the PPs...it is a shame that that hard work goes unrewarded (except once tonight) night in night out with our 30th place PP.

However, I am confident that things will turn around and we'll be getting some PP goals soon enough. It can't stay like this, can it?

Agreed Dave. I actually thought they looked good on 4 of the 5 PP's tonight. They generated lots of chances with the extra man during the 2nd period. It was only on the late PP with Weber off for tripping that they reverted back to awful. There were a number of times that a Bruin had the puck alone in front, only to be denied by Miller. If he hadn't played so well the Bruins could've just as easily been 3 for 5 or better. I wonder if we would all be as concerned if that was the case? I'm not too worried because they're starting to get better looks. There's progress being made and they're winning. Good enough for now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Where do you think the focus should be?
    Posted by jmwalters

Goal scoring forwards. 

The B's didn't lose to the Caps because they couldn't score on the powerplay.  They lost becuase they couldn't score.  Rich Peverley isn't a first line winger in the NHL.  Jordan Caron isn't a first line winger in the NHL.

The fact that they had so many 20 goal scorers and no 30 goal scorers tells me that they had a lot of guys who can score one out of every four games, but none who can score one out of every two.

True that...improve the scorers and you automatically improve the PP and we're all happy. (You too?)

I am not looking to break the bank to get the #1 PP but I just want to see some consistency (20-23% would be nice) and take advantage of the opportunites given.

Of course 20-23% would be nice.  Do you realize the best PP last year was 21.6% and only three teams were above 20%.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Relax everyone the Bruins are going on the PP! ~ opposing coach"

My news signtaure, when we allowed to have one again...Dottie

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Relax everyone the Bruins are going on the PP! ~ opposing coach"

My news signtaure, when we allowed to have one again...Dottie

"You have to give penalty killing on both sides credit. But I didn't think our execution on the power play was very good.  It comes down to execution and burying the puck, and until we do that we'll continue to struggle with it." 

- Claude Julien after last night's game in today's Boston Globe.

So it's the players, not the system, San? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

"Relax everyone the Bruins are going on the PP! ~ opposing coach"My news signtaure, when we allowed to have one again...Dottie

"You have to give penalty killing on both sides credit. But I didn't think our execution on the power play was very good.  It comes down to execution and burying the puck, and until we do that we'll continue to struggle with it." 

- Claude Julien after last night's game in today's Boston Globe. So it's the players, not the system, San?

Loyal to his coaches to the bitter end. What happens to Juliens players are they are out of position ?

Coaching is telling the PP players to be in and stay in a certain position. Savard was allowed to improvise, sucker PK players to chase him then he dished it to the open man...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

"Relax everyone the Bruins are going on the PP! ~ opposing coach"My news signtaure, when we allowed to have one again...Dottie

- Claude Julien after last night's game in today's Boston Globe. So it's the players, not the system, San?

Loyal to his coaches to the bitter end. What happens to Juliens players are they are out of position ?

Coaching is telling the PP players to be in and stay in a certain position. Savard was allowed to improvise, sucker PK players to chase him then he dished it to the open man...

San, I thought of you when I noticed the the Bruins team has only scored 1 more PP goal than Wisniewski (4-3).

Sections
Shortcuts