Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it."

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it.":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : To be fair, it also helps to have both Weber and Suter on the point during a PP. The B's have a very good group of defencemen but are lacking in this kind of quality. We will find out next year when Weber and/or Suter move on if the Preds can maintain there excellent PP. If they do then, yes, their coaching staff should get the props they deserve.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    If the improvement is acheived simply by having the 2nd boomer from the point then maybe a 2nd stud D man is more important to the PP than another 1st line winger. I've always had that mind-set anyway I suppose since I've always felt that if Boston was to spend big in free agency, I'd rather see it be for Suter than Parise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

My take on Cam's comment is the Bruins would still be playing if the Bruins had better PP instructions or put Boychuk/Bergeron/Seguin/Rolstons onetimers to much, much better use during the Caps. Geoff Ward has failed miserably!

The Powerless Play needs to be fixed and it didn't take a Hall of Famer to remind me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : If the improvement is acheived simply by having the 2nd boomer from the point then maybe a 2nd stud D man is more important to the PP than another 1st line winger. I've always had that mind-set anyway I suppose since I've always felt that if Boston was to spend big in free agency, I'd rather see it be for Suter than Parise.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Good point. Maybe Hamilton will help but that is probably expecting too much from the lad next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Make a list of NHL players you'd like to have on the ice if you need a PP goal.
    Then see how many of those- with the exception of Chara, are on this current roster. There isn't any x's and o's for that situation.

It can't be that hard to understand - it is a specific skill set that makes for an effective player in a PP situation.  Patrick Elias is a perfect example. James Neal had 18 PP goals this year, wow! he must have some great kind of PP coach. Either that, or he play with Evgeni Malkin. This roster just doesn't have that type of crafty and offensively aggressive talent. Savard was that player. Bergeron and Krejci NEVER will be. That just isn't they're strength, and shouldn't be the expectation. Has anyone seen Subban or Karlsson with the puck along the blue line? You'd never confuse them with Boychuk and Seidenberg. There is nobody on this roster with those skills, and the results back it up.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]My take on Cam's comment is the Bruins would still be playing if the Bruins had better PP instructions or put Boychuk/Bergeron/Seguin/Rolstons onetimers to much, much better use during the Caps. Geoff Ward has failed miserably! The Powerless Play needs to be fixed and it didn't take a Hall of Famer to remind me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

why did they take him off the point as soon as Peverly returned ? The PP was looking good .  Rolston's quick release opened up the others on the PP.
    And for the love of Pete Seguin must always be along the boards going up and down !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : I agree Chara should not be on the PP the only time this clown hits the net is at skills competitions and they usually take place in January. He is too slow can't ride the line, coming out of the zone skates like a giraffe, outlet passes are brutal brings absolutely zero to the PP. Oh yah he is a 7ft Lurch with a long reach which had one of the worst plus minus after the allstar break, he sure is worth the 7 million.
    Posted by mitchco98[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : I agree Chara should not be on the PP the only time this clown hits the net is at skills competitions and they usually take place in January. He is too slow can't ride the line, coming out of the zone skates like a giraffe, outlet passes are brutal brings absolutely zero to the PP. Oh yah he is a 7ft Lurch with a long reach which had one of the worst plus minus after the allstar break, he sure is worth the 7 million.
    There is zero fact in your posts unless you include the fact you're an idiot. I guess it makes sense that you'd have advice for a Norris trophy candidate/winner. I've no doubt you're probably the best D on your girls pee-wee team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

...and there isn't a team in the National Hockey League who wouldn't want him.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Like I said before Lurch is overated, Thomas saved his bacon in last years finals and trust me without TT no Stsnry Cup. Lurch is an overpaid Hal Gill stop sniffing the glue and wake up.
    When was the last time Gill won a Norris trophy or was even nominated, i think its time for bed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Like I said before Lurch is overated, Thomas saved his bacon in last years finals and trust me without TT no Stsnry Cup. Lurch is an overpaid Hal Gill stop sniffing the glue and wake up.
    If we need advice on acting like a childish fool you'll be the 1st one we call. Until then, you should quiet down while the adults are talking. No one likes bratty girls.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Let's see... "ignore,"... click... no more LurchMuffin.

Back to the Powerless play...

Did I just see the CAPS give up a late penalty, only to get TIED with 7 seconds left and BEATEN in OT????   On 2 PP goals?????

Why... that whole power play idea just might have been useful in beating said Caps late... no?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Guys like you got slapped around at school. Why don't put on your Whinnie the Pooh PJ's get in a fetal position with your thumb in your mouth Wilma.
    My, what a scathing retort. Did your parents help you with the bigger words?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : No doubt,  some doughead GM's would give up alot for Lurch, assets you get back would more than offset what you lose. Toronto thought Phaneuff would be the next coming of Scott Stevens this guy is booed and hated, yet he was an allstar in Calgary.

He's not booed or hated here in Toronto.  Maybe elsewhere.  Phaneuf also doesn't have his name on the Stanley Cup or a Stanley Cup championship ring.  Zdeno Chara has both.  Not bad for being "overrated."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Start counting sheep doughead.
    Why do you bother trying here Mitch? There's got to be enough live people around to call you an idiot. I bet you get that alot.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Brian Leetch won the Norris in 92 and 97 cup in 94 how did he do when Boston picked him up in 2005. I'll tell you his best years were behind him and this is exactly what will happen to Z.  My point is, if the price is right you move him becauce if you wait until his stats start going south your return will be next to nothing. Main reason we won the cup was TT not Z.
    That comparison is as weak as it gets. Of course Leetch's best years were behind him. He was 8 years from his last Norris when he was acquired. Chara won it 2 years ago and is a FINALIST again after posting his best statistical season. Typically stupid on your part although you're right about 1 thing I guess. Chara won't be as good 8 years from now. Fortunately his contract runs out in 6 years. Keep trying though as your stupidity has now morphed into entertainment.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : Brian Leetch won the Norris in 92 and 97 cup in 94 how did he do when Boston picked him up in 2005. I'll tell you his best years were behind him and this is exactly what will happen to Z.  My point is, if the price is right you move him becauce if you wait until his stats start going south your return will be next to nothing. Main reason we won the cup was TT not Z.

Wait... Leetch won a Norris in '92 and he wasnt as good with the Bruins 13 years later?  Did someone drop you on your head?

Jacques Plante won a Vezina in 1956... and I just cant BELIEVE he wasnt as good with the Bruins in 1973.

Really? This relates to Chara... how???

And as good as TT was, and the fact they don't win the Cup without him is true... it's just as true that Z was an enormous help to TT and the B's would not have won the Cup without him either.

What is the point of the nonstop silly posts?  Childish.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh Cam! Where are you Cam ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

In Response to Re: Neely comments on the PP "We will improve on it." : He's not booed or hated here in Toronto.  Maybe elsewhere.  Phaneuf also doesn't have his name on the Stanley Cup or a Stanley Cup championship ring.  Zdeno Chara has both.  Not bad for being "overrated."
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Brian Leetch won the Norris in 92 and 97 cup in 94 how did he do when Boston picked him up in 2005. I'll tell you his best years were behind him and this is exactly what will happen to Z.  My point is, if the price is right you move him becauce if you wait until his stats start going south your return will be next to nothing. Main reason we won the cup was TT not Z.

Two totally different players...Leetch's game was based on skill and skating...That tends to deteriate when one gets older..Now Charas skill may drop as he gets older but the fact that he 's 6 foot 9 and has that reach won't...Plus, have you considered the shape Chara keeps himself in?