Neely on WAAF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Neely on WAAF

Caught part of this interview today. Cam was first talking about how last night was a divisional game and they had a chance to close in on the habs in the standings. Said they didnt play a full 60 minutes and that there needs to be a more consistent team effort and toughness.

Then he is asked "What about Tyler Seguin Last Night?"

LB can barely asking the question before Neely goes "Coaches Decision it was the Coaches decision" LB asks any idea why Neely says "Ask the coach"..

Then Neely goes on with "Im pretty sure the point of hockey is to score at least 1 more goal than your opponent. You dont win games 0-0." "Scoring goals is a problem".

If you read between the lines here a bit is Neely getting as frustrated as some of us are with Julien's coaching (in)ability?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Re: Neely on WAAF

The problem with the Bruins is there is no 2nd line and no 3rd line. 1st and 4th are fine. It's the coach's job to figure out how to get an effective #2 line going... There should be enough talent! Bergy/Seguin/Savard/Ryder/Recchi to create another line than can do something consistently. It is also the coach's job to put together a PP that isn't absolutely useless. It would also help if the coach could motivate somebody to show up for the game............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

good, hopefully something happens soon

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Or maybe Cam said that because it is a actually a coach's decision and the upper management is letting the coach do his job (good or bad) and it's inappropriate for him to speak for the coach?

Homer...I disagree. Cam is in no way just a figurehead in the B's front office.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

2nd and 3rd line are indeed the problem, plus nobody except thornton or mcquaid and occasionally stuart ever drops gloves just to beat the crap outta someone for once somebody create some space out there

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Neely on WAAF:
    Or maybe Cam said that because it is a actually a coach's decision and the upper management is letting the coach do his job (good or bad) and it's inappropriate for him to speak for the coach? Homer...I disagree. Cam is in no way just a figurehead in the B's front office.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Thats a fair answer to the Seguin part. But neglects the other major parts wher Cam states that intensity/toughness are lacking overall. That the team has a problem specifcally with the PP and scoring goals and aludes to CJ's defensive system by saying "you win games by outscoring your opponent you dont win games 0-0". Sounds like he's noticing something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Pull the trigger Cam,pretend its coming from Janney.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

ILH - I didn't hear the interview so I see your point and you may very well be right. If Cam is dissatisfied with CJ and the team doesn't start playing consistently better then it may only be a matter of time before Cam's opinion becomes that of the management and ownership and CJ will be replaced. Even if that's true, I don't see it happening before the all-star side show crap.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Pull the trigger Cam,pretend its coming from Janney.
    Posted by hockey-101

lol :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

The problem with the Bruins is there is no 2nd line and no 3rd line. 1st and 4th are fine. It's the coach's job to figure out how to get an effective #2 line going... There should be enough talent! Bergy/Seguin/Savard/Ryder/Recchi to create another line than can do something consistently. It is also the coach's job to put together a PP that isn't absolutely useless. It would also help if the coach could motivate somebody to show up for the game............
    Posted by nash99

Exactly. I'm probly going to get a lot of crap for this, but going forward, this is why I think the B's need a difference-making player on the 2nd line, such as Alex Semin. Those who refute this, fine. However, name me a better winger that's realistically available at the deadline or next offseason. The next best winger that's a free agent next offseason is probly Matt Moulson or Milan Hejduk, and that's sad.

Just my $.02.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    Caught part of this interview today. Cam was first talking about how last night was a divisional game and they had a chance to close in on the habs in the standings. Said they didnt play a full 60 minutes and that there needs to be a more consistent team effort and toughness. Then he is asked "What about Tyler Seguin Last Night?" LB can barely asking the question before Neely goes "Coaches Decision it was the Coaches decision" LB asks any idea why Neely says "Ask the coach".. Then Neely goes on with "Im pretty sure the point of hockey is to score at least 1 more goal than your opponent. You dont win games 0-0." "Scoring goals is a problem". If you read between the lines here a bit is Neely getting as frustrated as some of us are with Julien's coaching (in)ability?
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

My bet, Juliens gone before the trade deadline.

Link

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Seeing as everyone is just talking about his now. Figured id bump this thread as I was concievably the first person to point this out.

Thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts