Neely's Comments on Recent Events

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Neely's Comments on Recent Events

From today on 98.5.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/07/09/bruins-neely-on-seguin-trade-i-wouldnt-classify-it-as-a-bail/

Audio link follows the text of the article.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Neely's Comments on Recent Events

good to hear that JJ won't be coming back....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Neely sounded very frustrated with TS.  Having to speak to him several times seems to be the answer to the trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I agree with hangnail. Tyler was frustrating especially in game 4.  Bergeron was injured during the game.  The Bs countered the Blahocks . The game was winnable. It was time for a young man to step forward. Smart analysiS by Neely. 

As for the Stanley Cup Final loss to the Chicago Blackhawks, Neely looks at Boston’s Game 4 loss, and not their final minute Game 6 collapse, as Boston’s biggest lost opportunity.

“I think Game 4 is really the game I look at. We scored five goals, and normally when we do that we win. That would have put us up 3-1 and have gotten three kicks at the can,” said Neely. “We were way too loose, didn’t give Tuukka any help, and it was kind of like the last shot wins. Game 6, obviously, I am chalking that up to the hockey gods getting back at us for Game 7 of the first round.”

“What we did in Game 7 in Round 1 (against Toronto), I don’t know if you’ll see it again. What happened to us in Game 6 of the Finals, you’ll probably see that again,” said Neely. “It went from feeling like we’re in a Game 7, to we’re in overtime, to ‘oh no, season is over.’ It was frustrating how that played out in quick fashion, but I look at our Game 4 and how we let that one slip away more.”

“It would have been nice to get a little more production from players you have those expectations for,” Neely said of the Cup Final. “I didn’t feel like we shouldn’t have been on the same sheet of ice as Chicago, but I think we can look at 2011 and 2013 and say we could have lost Game 7 in Vancouver and we could have won Game 6 here against Chicago.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Ya game four was the killer!

Also game one triple ot with lots of chances in Ot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

Ya game four was the killer!

Also game one triple ot with lots of chances in Ot

One bounce here and there and it isn't inconceivable we win games 1 and 4...and sweep back to back rounds.

Hockey is a funny game and that's why the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win in all of sports.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I have to agree with Cam. Game 4 was crucial.

The series can be summed up this way:

We blew a 2-goal lead (game 1) and lost. They blew a 2-goal lead (game 4) and won.

Had we not lost that first game - we win.

Sections
Shortcuts