NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11

There are a few players here who are sure to raise eyebrows for their presence outside of the top-10 such as Max Sauve, but it is a subjective call based more on his injury history than a lack of hockey ability.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/Bruins_2012-13_preseason_prospect_rankings-_20-11?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Kirk Luedeke continues to rank the current Bruin prospects.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11

Kirk ranks where he sees them as potential to cracking an NHL lineup. I like the stories of a guy like Carter Camper, odds are against him but he is giving it a go like Cunningham.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kevan Miller at 18.

That's either a bad list or a bad farm team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11:
    [QUOTE]Kevan Miller at 18. That's either a bad list or a bad farm team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Meaning...Miller should be higher or lower?

I think you're saying lower.  Is he worse than #18?  I thought I had heard good things from Providence.  What's the scoop?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Kevin millar wouldnt be in my top 30 bruins prospects let alone top 18. Like the hutch profile ive been saying alot of things the writer touched on kid is future nhl goalie if he can put it all together.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11:
    [QUOTE]Kevin millar wouldnt be in my top 30 bruins prospects let alone top 18. Like the hutch profile ive been saying alot of things the writer touched on kid is future nhl goalie if he can put it all together.
    Posted by heyoo[/QUOTE]

You sure do have a lot of knowledge of the B's prospects.  You seem to know about Providence guys, OHL guys and even Russians.

How do you find the time to watch them all play?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11 : Meaning...Miller should be higher or lower? I think you're saying lower.  Is he worse than #18?  I thought I had heard good things from Providence.  What's the scoop?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

He's an AHL plug.  He may be an injury replacement when he's in his late 20's, but to have him even listed on a prospect report is silly, let alone at 18.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11 : He's an AHL plug.  He may be an injury replacement when he's in his late 20's, but to have him even listed on a prospect report is silly, let alone at 18.

His stats from last yr don't back up what your saying. 24 pts and +20 on a bad defensive team in his 1st pro season, sounds fairly decent to me. What's your reasoning as to why he shouldn't be listed on a prospect report.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Someone explain this to me please. 

This is a Bruin's hockey forum. New rankings have come out regarding Bruins prospects and posted here. How many posts ? Less then double digits prior to my post.

Move over to another thread . Soccer. 41 posts. 

I need to go find a soccer forum. Maybe they'll be talking hockey over there. 

The dog days of summer.

On to the thread topic.

Luedeke is not mailing it in when he says Camara skates well.

His analysis of Griffith is spot on.

Good to see Hutchinson's development improving. He was inconsistent as a junior which was ( sad to say ) the most noticeable thing about his game.

Looking forward to prospects 10-1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11 : His stats from last yr don't back up what your saying. 24 pts and +20 on a bad defensive team in his 1st pro season, sounds fairly decent to me. What's your reasoning as to why he shouldn't be listed on a prospect report.
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Going to games and watching him play.

Have you seen him play?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Someone explain this to me please.  This is a Bruin's hockey forum. New rankings have come out regarding Bruins prospects and posted here. How many posts ? Less then double digits prior to my post. Move over to another thread . Soccer. 41 posts.  I need to go find a soccer forum. Maybe they'll be talking hockey over there.  The dog days of summer. On to the thread topic. Luedeke is not mailing it in when he says Camara skates well. His analysis of Griffith is spot on. Good to see Hutchinson's development improving. He was inconsistent as a junior which was ( sad to say ) the most noticeable thing about his game. Looking forward to prospects 10-1.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I find the "new" rankings uninspiring.  There's not much about them that's new.  I mean, didn't we get one of these after the draft?  The only ways to account for much change in these rankings since then would be a catastrophic non-hockey injury, a trade, or complete bs. 

I don't mind the NEHJ rankings, but like most, they follow a pattern where the guys who haven't played a pro game yet get ranked higher than the guys who have but haven't dominated.  Some guys who come in marked as long shots get a boost by playing as well as or better than the high profile, high potential guys.  So Camper moves up by virtue of a fairly successful call-up vs. Sauve who had a call-up and went straight to the trainer.

1-10 will all be juniors, guys entering their first pro years, or guys playing in euro leagues - Hamilton will be 1, Knight, Spooner, Khokhlachev will be in the top 5, probably with Subban.  Others will be Gothberg, Chudinov, Krug, Ferlin.  I'm missing one, and the only guy I can think it might be is Arniel, who's still unsigned, and who would be the only exception to my rule.

Of course, the rankings could change quickly in the next six months.  If Spooner and Knight are less than serious players at the AHL level, the lustre will start to come off - unlike with Hamilton if they send him back to Jr.  Ditto for Krug, and if Chudinov comes over, the same would apply there too.  Then you'd have more apples to apples.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11 : I find the "new" rankings uninspiring.  There's not much about them that's new.  I mean, didn't we get one of these after the draft?  The only ways to account for much change in these rankings since then would be a catastrophic non-hockey injury, a trade, or complete bs.  I don't mind the NEHJ rankings, but like most, they follow a pattern where the guys who haven't played a pro game yet get ranked higher than the guys who have but haven't dominated.  Some guys who come in marked as long shots get a boost by playing as well as or better than the high profile, high potential guys.  So Camper moves up by virtue of a fairly successful call-up vs. Sauve who had a call-up and went straight to the trainer. 1-10 will all be juniors, guys entering their first pro years, or guys playing in euro leagues - Hamilton will be 1, Knight, Spooner, Khokhlachev will be in the top 5, probably with Subban.  Others will be Gothberg, Chudinov, Krug, Ferlin.  I'm missing one, and the only guy I can think it might be is Arniel, who's still unsigned, and who would be the only exception to my rule. Of course, the rankings could change quickly in the next six months.  If Spooner and Knight are less than serious players at the AHL level, the lustre will start to come off - unlike with Hamilton if they send him back to Jr.  Ditto for Krug, and if Chudinov comes over, the same would apply there too.  Then you'd have more apples to apples.

What's of importance to me is reading the info on these players. Where they're ranked has less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Svedberg has yet to play one game in New England, how can this writer evaluate him at all, let alone put him in at 15?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11 : Going to games and watching him play. Have you seen him play?

Yes, several times while he was at UVM. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11:[QUOTE]Svedberg has yet to play one game in New England, how can this writer evaluate him at all, let alone put him in at 15 ? Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

You'll see several disagreements with him Red for sure, it is not a perfect science. Until Knight, KoKo and Spooner prove themselves I don't see them better than Camper and Cunningham at this point. The AHL can prove difficult for OHL and Q studs at times.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Svedberg has yet to play one game in New England, how can this writer evaluate him at all, let alone put him in at 15?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

He can google search "Niklas Svedberg Scouting Report" and paraphrase.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Svedberg has yet to play one game in New England, how can this writer evaluate him at all, let alone put him in at 15?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

He works for Redline Scouting service and has access to all their information.  Plus he talks to Sweeney and Benning on a regular basis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEHJ: 2012 Bruins 2012-13 preseason prospect rankings: 20-11 : So do I.  How would you classify him?  I think Bartowski plays a similar game to Carl Gunnarsson who is also classified as a stay at home defenseman.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Bartkowski spends a lot of time below the goal line of the opposition.  He's not shutting down anyone when he's racing to get back after turning the puck over in an attempt to go end to end.

I surely wouldn't call him "stay at home".

No way would I call him "defensive".

There isn't a view that would make him "shut down".

My best descriptor:  crappy

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Bartowski is not a stay at home dman. Kid hasnt been good defensively since the ushl. He is a decent call up for injuries for a couple games but i dont see him ever being an everyday nhl type of dman. And if your in your mid-twenties you are no longer a prospect especially in hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts