Nesn blackouts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from theomich. Show theomich's posts

Nesn blackouts

Hey guys just wondering, all of my nesn bruins games are blacked out,im using direct tv and its registered in new york. I cant watch any more horrible announcers like the canes tonight and the islanders on friday,i miss the brick(lol) are all the games blacked out of nesn? Or just out of boston areas? Thanks 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: Nesn blackouts

the Canes announcers did a good job,pretty fair and balanced

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

the Canes announcers did a good job,pretty fair and balanced

I thought the same. I also got stuck with the Canes announcers but I think they called it pretty good keeping the bias towards the Canes to a minimum. There are alot worse announcers out there !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from theomich. Show theomich's posts

the announcers where ok,just miss the  excitement of the nesn announcers,just worried that when they play the crapnadians that ill have to watch the game in french,my question though still remains as to whybare most games blacked out on nesn? And is there a fix?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from theomich. Show theomich's posts

Example i know nesn was showing the game cause the bergy fight is on youtube with nesn,just curious to know as to why i dont catch the game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If you're threw NY I'm surprised that they would black-out NESN. Almost sounds like you should contact your TV provider.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

In response to theomich's comment:

Hey guys just wondering, all of my nesn bruins games are blacked out,im using direct tv and its registered in new york. I cant watch any more horrible announcers like the canes tonight and the islanders on friday,i miss the brick(lol) are all the games blacked out of nesn? Or just out of boston areas? Thanks 

I'm in CA and I have directv. The games are blacked out unless you buy the Hockey package. occasionally they will run a promotion that will last approximately one-week that will allow you to watch the games, after that you will have to pay for them. One good note; if you do not want to pay for the games, NESN runs them again at 9:00 PM pacific time. Midnight in the east. The NHL allows them to be seen by everyone. Baseball is not so lucky. If you do not buy the baseball package (Extra Innings) you cannot watch the game or the repeat.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

did you enjoy steve and chico on the Devils broadcast ?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Right now I have NESN & the free trial for Center Ice.

I couldn't find the game at all.  I was going crazy surfing through the online guide.

Then I figured out those morons at NESN had it as a college basketball game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theomich. Show theomich's posts

I have center ice as well but still no nesn,the announcers are average and thats it,nothing special. Just prefer to get the nesn feed more bruins stuff, hanks for the help

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

I have center ice as well but still no nesn,the announcers are average and thats it,nothing special. Just prefer to get the nesn feed more bruins stuff, hanks for the help

while i am boycotting center ice this season,i can tell you that any New York/New Jersey game(if you are based in the NYC area) that's not exclusive to NBC,you will get the MSG feed only.

as far as the other  B's games go,if it's on the NHL network usually but not always it's the home teams feed and you will not have the option for the other feed.

games that are exclusive to NBC Networks everybody gets the NBC announcers.

those of us outside the NESN area will get stuck with NBC announcers if NBC decides to broadcast a B's game but don't have the exclusive rights.

for those other B's games on the Center Ice package,if the B's are home you get the NESN feed and if there is enough channels available you can watch the other teams feed as well.

when the B's are on the road there have been many games that with only one channel being used , it ends up being the NESN feed.

please note that i have Time Warner Cable(NYC).

hope this helps

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theomich. Show theomich's posts

Thanks for the info

Sections
Shortcuts