NESN has to fire Jack Edwards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Del2006. Show Del2006's posts

NESN has to fire Jack Edwards

and he's not going to be hard to replace...what a joke this guy is....and an shame for Boston...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards

he is pathetic...too much of a homer...and to emotionally attached.  Non-professional

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Wow, another Jack-bashing thread. GET UP! All hail, browntoothed grin!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

oh c,mon...He can be a little corny at times but he makes me laugh. He's the ultimate homer and thats fine with me. He has a passion for the B's and his heart is in the right place. whats wrong with that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

In Response to NESN has to fire Jack Edwards:
    [QUOTE]and he's not going to be hard to replace...what a joke this guy is....and an shame for Boston...
    Posted by Del2006[/QUOTE]

"I feel bad for him...he has serious health problems, it's embarassing for Boston"
    posted at 4/19/2011 5:46 PM EDT " Del2006

So after posting this just minutes before on the other Jack Edwards thread you decide that you have to start a new one just to say this?  And you call him a joke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to NESN has to fire Jack Edwards:
    [QUOTE]and he's not going to be hard to replace...what a joke this guy is....and an shame for Boston...

Because.....?????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

hire dale arnold 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Derek Sanderson used to go over the top from time to time when he was doing games with Fred Cusick.  I remember one time when the Bruins were facing the Habs, a Bruins player had a Montreal player lined up.  And Sanderson just starts screaming, "HIT HIM!  HIT HIM!  HIT HIM!!"   Fred was dumbfounded and Turk didn't say ANYTHING for the next 5 minutes or so.  It was hilarious.

Jack is completely over the top.  But he loves the game and gets totally excited when calling it.  And that gets me excited.  He sounds excited when the OTHER team scores.  And I get that.  It's an "OH NO!" kind of excitement.  I much prefer that to the depressing "swing and a pop up" Joe Castiglione Red Sox call.

I like Jack but fully understand why others despise him.  I still think he's much better than Dale Arnold - who brought little excitement to the game was IMO just plain annoying. 

If you take out Jack's "Johnny Most homerism" and his "Edwardisms" he's pretty solid play-by-play guy.  Not great but not bad.  Like I said, solid.  I think he's better than Dale.  And I prefer him to VS. play-by-play guys.

For a very "unPC" guy like myself what's not to like about Jack?  He loves the Bruins.  Hates the Canadiens.  Calls a solid play-by-play and gets totally out-of-his-mind excited about the game of hockey!  That's me watching a game on the couch!!  Well.....all except the play-by-play part.

I say for Game 4 we bring Derek Sanderson to the booth to join with Jack!  That would be the ultimate!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I hope Jack is doing bruins games until the day he dies or decides to retire! He is way better than bird turd head dale arnold was!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

n Response to NESN has to fire Jack Edwards:
    Are you for real?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Is he biased? Yes, probably more than most.  But who cares, most cities have an announcer that is biased towards the team they announce for.  He comes up with some great one liners and far more exciting than most of the other guys out there.  Long live Jack!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards:
    [QUOTE]The guy S T I N K S @! he has no idea how to be unbiased and call a game as it is really happening rather than through his  rose colored Bruins glasses.
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

If this joke hates him, I'm instantly a fan!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards : If this joke hates him, I'm instantly a fan!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'll second that

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

are you kidding ? still can't stop laughing from his game ending words from last nights game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bring Derek Sanderson back with Jack Edwards???

Genious. That is a match made in black n gold heaven. 'm not sure Brick would get a word in but thats one of the best ideas in this forum.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to NESN has to fire Jack Edwards : Are you for real?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

seriously? is jack alittle over the top yes, but think if the bruins had someone in the play by play seat that didnt care at all. him and brick are a good team together. now are they impartial not really but thats ok. also im sure its tough for them. they are with the team throughout the year travel hotels and there job is tied to how well the bruins do.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards : I'll second that
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Make that three!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]are you kidding ? still can't stop laughing from his game ending words from last nights game.
    Posted by jerrynewyork[/QUOTE]

what were they ????  I got stuck with Bob you suk nob Cole.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE HABS FAN

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards : what were they ????  I got stuck with Bob you suk nob Cole.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    i'll have to get back to you on that. i can't find the disc i recorded the game on,it's here somewhere.

i did jump for joy when the broadcast started and it was the NESN feed. sorry you had to endure old man sounding Cole.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Actually if you listen on the road games Jack puts in more effort in describing the home teams goals than most , if not all visiting team's  announcers I hear.. Give me Jack Edwards over the coffin dodger that is Bob Cole.. His time was up about 10 years ago.

If you really want to hear a homer announcer , Jack can't hold a candle to this Tampa Bay Announcer.. and he still works there ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z45n6Ttvog

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joey9001. Show Joey9001's posts

[QUOTE]Bring Derek Sanderson back with Jack Edwards??? Genious. That is a match made in black n gold heaven. 'm not sure Brick would get a word in but thats one of the best ideas in this forum.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Hahaha Brick really wouldn't get a word in,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Jack is great. If you want to see cringeworthy how about Jerry Remy doing a piece to camera for Jimmy's Fund while fumbling around in his trouser pockets?

Reminds me of the old chinese proverb : 'Man with hands in pockets feels cocky all day'.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

he just needs to not be so biased towards the B's.  He's over the top, indeed, but entertaining.  I don't HATE him but I HATE Pierre McGuire and Glen Healy - those two should be dragged out on to centre ice and beat with a wet lasagna noodle about the face, breas t, chest, neck, and head.