NESN has to fire Jack Edwards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards

nothing is worse than the announcers in Buffalo, nothing - well except Pierre Mcguire and Glen Healy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcd. Show rmcd's posts

I am usually a to each his own kind of guy...but, You dont like Jack Edwards? Are you retarded? Brick and Edwards are the best. Go B's pound the wussy Habs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Jack Edwards is for sure more exciting to listen to than Dale Arnold...I'm a fan and I love the homerism...have you listened to other announcers throughout the league?

Not to mention...I fourth the motion that if if Cact-ass Tony don't like him, I like him even more.

Go Bruins!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I can tolerate him, but I liked Dale better

Andy Brickley is great though

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN has to fire Jack Edwards : what were they ????  I got stuck with Bob you suk nob Cole.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    I also got stuck with Bob Cole, but from what I could make out on the highlites Jack said " And Montreal can go to the streets quiet tonight"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

He's a local play-by-play guy for the local team on the local network... nothing wrong with his enthusiasm.  Every team has their own biased announcers.

If he were ever to do a national game (doubtful but let's go hypothetical) he's professional enough that he would easily go neutral.

So, if you personally don't care for his style - that's one thing - but there's nothing wrong with the way he calls NESN games for the Bruins audience.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Just be glad that you're not stuck with that knob who broadcasts the Penguins games. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Actually if you listen on the road games Jack puts in more effort in describing the home teams goals than most , if not all visiting team's  announcers I hear.. Give me Jack Edwards over the coffin dodger that is Bob Cole.. His time was up about 10 years ago. If you really want to hear a homer announcer , Jack can't hold a candle to this Tampa Bay Announcer.. and he still works there .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z45n6Ttvog
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

For sure the guy is a Bruins fan but he does yell as loud or if a nice goal louder when the opposing team to the Bruins scores. 
    Some of the other networks sometimes you don't even notice the opposing team scoring.

As for Bob Cole, he said something to this effect after the Habs had 2-3 Powerplays and were on a PP.
    " The Habs now taking it to the Bruins,  it's all Hab now folks ! "

No freaking kidding !!!!!  They're on the PP !!!!  Stuff like this drives me nuts while watching. Especially when you're at the edge of your seat and parched.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanNewbie. Show BruinsFanNewbie's posts

If you think Jack is the worst homer, listen to the Sharks announcers sometime, ugh!!

Yes, Jack favors the Bruins; what would you expect, he's on NESN not Versus or TSN! I like Jack, and I agree with others that he gets excited whenever anyone scores, not just the Bruins. He very often will compliment the others team's players, who deserve it, and his knowledgeable compliments indicate that he has prepared for the game, because they're not just general B.S. (Yes, I'm sure they have stats guys feeding them info, too.)

I even caught a comment the other night about both teams embellishing, after a Bruin took a bit of a dive. He said he hates that type of game. I do too!

Also, Brick complements Jack very well; he's even keeled and even handed. His knowledge of the game and players also shows that he fully prepares for broadcasts, and I especially like his national broadcasts. You can tell that no matter who he's paired with on Versus or NBC, they respect Brick.

The thing that I like most about Jack though is his self-effacing manner and comments. He defers to Brick's knowledge, because Brick actually played in the NHL, and he often makes comments that show he doesn't take himself seriously.

I think these guys make a good team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cheese50. Show Cheese50's posts

DALE ARNOLD would JUMP in a heart beat bring him back. there is time he can still catch a flight to MTL for game 4

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]Actually if you listen on the road games Jack puts in more effort in describing the home teams goals than most , if not all visiting team's  announcers I hear.. Give me Jack Edwards over the coffin dodger that is Bob Cole.. His time was up about 10 years ago. If you really want to hear a homer announcer , Jack can't hold a candle to this Tampa Bay Announcer.. and he still works there .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z45n6Ttvog
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

My ears are still hurting!! Holy need a new announcer Batman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]he just needs to not be so biased towards the B's.  He's over the top, indeed, but entertaining.  I don't HATE him but I HATE Pierre McGuire and Glen Healy - those two should be dragged out on to centre ice and beat with a wet lasagna noodle about the face, breas t, chest, neck, and head.
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

I would pay GOOD Money to see and hear that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]If you think Jack is the worst homer, listen to the Sharks announcers sometime, ugh!! Yes, Jack favors the Bruins; what would you expect, he's on NESN not Versus or TSN! I like Jack, and I agree with others that he gets excited whenever anyone scores, not just the Bruins. He very often will compliment the others team's players, who deserve it, and his knowledgeable compliments indicate that he has prepared for the game, because they're not just general B.S. (Yes, I'm sure they have stats guys feeding them info, too.) I even caught a comment the other night about both teams embellishing, after a Bruin took a bit of a dive. He said he hates that type of game. I do too! Also, Brick complements Jack very well; he's even keeled and even handed. His knowledge of the game and players also shows that he fully prepares for broadcasts, and I especially like his national broadcasts. You can tell that no matter who he's paired with on Versus or NBC, they respect Brick. The thing that I like most about Jack though is his self-effacing manner and comments. He defers to Brick's knowledge, because Brick actually played in the NHL, and he often makes comments that show he doesn't take himself seriously. I think these guys make a good team.
    Posted by BruinsFanNewbie[/QUOTE]

Well said

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Theyre supposed to be homers. They are there broadcasting for the BRUINS FAN!! I have the center ice package, hear all the announcers, I like the homers, thats their job. Now if your Gary Thorne doing play by play for a national audience then you don't be a homer. simple as that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

It is funny to hear people complain that he is BIASED.  Of course he is.  That is why THE MAJORITY of B's fans love him.  He is the BRUINS play-by-play guy.  He is supposed to support the B's.  If he worked for VS, NBC, CBC-you  could argue that he should be unbiased but he works FOR THE LOCAL AFFILIATE, AND HE IS PRETTY ENTERTAINING. 

Warning to all Edwards haters- Dale Arnold could walk through that door at any time!!!!  He was UNBIASED and made most viewers UNCONCIOUS!

Sections
Shortcuts