NESN's Production Value

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: NESN's Production Value

PJ Stock has done well up in Canada. He would be a good color guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: NESN's Production Value:
    [QUOTE]Given what they pay their producers, directors and technicians, I expect more. Not ridiculous at all. What's ridiculous is comparing them to the TV38 we all grew up with when what they should be compared with is coverage in similar hockey markets today. Technically speaking, they are well behind the curve and it's a legitimate topic of conversation. Ok....so full disclosure here...I've shot hundreds of live sporting events, it's my profession, and NESN's technical issues are busch league and a step down from their presentation from last year. So yes, I feel perfectly qualified to make comments on their lack of technical acumen and just as interested in hearing other people's opinions on whether or not those issues are detrimental to the viewing experience at large. But thanks for brushing off another topic with crotchety generalizations for the sake of maintaining an online persona. That's productive.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

The rest of us watch the game to watch the game.  We don't care what the producers make.  A three second delay doesn't matter in the least bit to most of us.  I can watch every Bruins game of the season in HD.  Because you're an expert in tv production, it bugs you.

The majority of couldn't care less.  But, you know, I'm just saying that to maintain my rep around here.

Don't get mad at me because your topic is a nitpicking flop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Given what they pay their producers, directors and technicians, I expect more. Not ridiculous at all. What's ridiculous is comparing them to the TV38 we all grew up with when what they should be compared with is coverage in similar hockey markets today. Technically speaking, they are well behind the curve and it's a legitimate topic of conversation. Ok....so full disclosure here...I've shot hundreds of live sporting events, it's my profession, and NESN's technical issues are busch league and a step down from their presentation from last year. So yes, I feel perfectly qualified to make comments on their lack of technical acumen and just as interested in hearing other people's opinions on whether or not those issues are detrimental to the viewing experience at large. But thanks for brushing off another topic with crotchety generalizations for the sake of maintaining an online persona. That's productive.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

How much do you think the producers, directors and technicians actually make? The media industry was one of the hardest hit by the recession, and wages have been scaling back for 20 years. I'm a reporter, so like you, I know of what I speak here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]I like the behind the net camera. The video from Pitt was horrible. Ice level reporter?  How about putting someone good down there, like Derek Sanderson? I'd like to have a 2nd color guy so that Brick doesn't have to have those goofy converstations with Jack.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Naoko has grown on me.  She does a good job.