Never read so many hatred messages (RDS.ca)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Never read so many hatred messages (RDS.ca)

In Response to Re: Never read so many hatred messages (RDS.ca):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Never read so many hatred messages (RDS.ca) : Keep believing that there's a difference between Boston and Montreal fans. There isn't. Both have a lot of very good, intelligent fans who get eclipsed at times like this by the village idiots.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I respecfully disagree, Kennedy. Had the hit been by a Montreal player and the injured player a Bruin, I believe there would have been a pretty fair amount of knuckleheads responding like idiots do. But I truly believe it would not have been quite to the level of the response we've seen from Montreal fans.
    Neither of the major sports talk radio stations in Boston would have suggested fans call the cops.
    Nobody in the Massachusetts legislature would have had a thing to say publicly one way or the other.
    Sorry but there is a difference between the fans of the two teams, although it probably isn't a great as some folks here probably think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Never read so many hatred messages (RDS.ca) : Where are you from Kennedy.... you seem to me very intelligent and mature... wish you the best ..
    Posted by Greatseason[/QUOTE]

unlike you, he's the only reasonable habs fan on this board.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Kennedy, while I agree that Boston fans are irrational, Bs fans haven't called the cops on any of the offending players, sent letters to Parliment, or sent letters to sponsors to get what they want - a suspension. The reaction to the Cooke hit was - we'll get him when he comes here (and a few "let's take Crosby out").

Habs fans are more passionate than Bs fans, that's a good thing and a bad thing. Plus the Garden management isn't stupid enough to give their fans glass mugs that they can throw at opposing teams.

Greatseason, stop trying to pick up Habs fans on a Bs board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Why are Habs fans on this board?  Seriously....I don't get it.  I couldn't imagine even taking the time to find a place where idiot Habs fans are posting, never mind joining them in a debate. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Why are Habs fans on this board?  Seriously....I don't get it.  I couldn't imagine even taking the time to find a place where idiot Habs fans are posting, never mind joining them in a debate. 
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Paulo, not that I need to justify myself to you, since I couldn't care less if you "get it" or not, but for the record I live in Maine, watch NESN a lot, respect the Bruins and like talking about hockey (Bruins, Habs and the NHL) with some of the more intelligent fans (there are a good dozen or so very smart Bruins fans who regularly post on this board, and that usually counters the majority of dopes).  There are more reasonable posters here than on Habsinsideout, in fact. There are just as many fools both places, though, and usually they're easily ignored, as they have little or nothing to say.

I've been here a lot longer than this Chara- Paccioretty incident. This has brought out the worst in both fan bases. I said Tuesday night that I hoped Chara was not suspended, and I stand by that today; I don't think Chara deserved more than what he got (5 mins, game misconduct). But at this point, though, the discussion has turned on both Habs and this board from a reasonable one about how the NHL handles situations like that to "My fan base is better than your fan base", with some even hoping that there are more injuries (to players on both teams, to fans who visit TD Garden or the Bell Center, etc). It's pathetic: fans aren't soldiers in an army, they're people who (allegedly) take pleasure in following a team or a game.

It's sports. It's not life or death, not anymore anyway, now that Pacioretty is going to live (and tell me you weren't wondering about that watching the telecast on Tuesday night when they brought the stretcher out and he was motionless on the ice). I'm looking forward to this eventually blowing over (weeks and weeks from now) so that people can return to a discussion of hockey, not the chest-thumping and finger-pointing (and I've been guilty of that last one myself) that is going on.

Both teams have games tonight. The decision on Chara has been made. Time to start looking ahead. I'm gonna follow my own advice; while I know people will continue to talk about the league's decision on Zdeno Chara's suspension-or-not, (and they have the right to do so), I'm personally done with it. I just don't see what else there is to say on the subject.

I'll lurk in and out, and certainly catch you guys on Marc 24. Hopefully it'll be another game where first place in the Northeast is still somewhat in the balance.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

most of us question mazz(of the globe) for his dirty hit talk concerning chara- irresponsible-whatever he called it. but i challenge any habs fan to find ONE journalist in montreal that would speak out AGAINST their home town player and demand justice for a bruin player. THAT's  the difference between our media and goverment, and yours when it concerns hockey 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

You don't care if "I get it" yet you write an essay to try and justify your presence on a rival teams board during a sensitive time?

Aside from lunatic Euro Soccer fans no team in North American sports compares to the typical irrational Hab fan.  You saying there is little difference between the two fan bases is laughable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

Kennedy...you seem to bring a very rational and level-headed perspective to this issue and to the heated Bruins-Habs rivalry in general.  I have many friends, relatives and co-workers who are Habs fans and we usually share a very good natured rivalry when the B's and Habs play. 

However, there is in my opinion a large segment of Habs fans who take their support to a level of near religious proportions.  Similar to the Celtic-Rangers rivalry in Scotland, the Habs define many people's cultural and religious identity as French, Roman Catholics.

I live and breathe the Bruins, always have, but that is because of the way they historically play (tough and skilled) and not because I am white or English or anything else. 

I once had a co-worker get visibly upset because I had a 'Habs suck' sticker on my computer monitor.  He felt it insulted him as a French Canadian.  This is the thing that separates Bruins fans from many Habs fans.  The Bruins do not define our cultural identity.  We do not riot when the B's win or lose.  We do not see a lack of suspension on Chara as one more slight of anglophone against francophone. 

There is a difference between the fans.

In any event, tragic incident all round and I hope Pac recovers fully.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriote. Show Patriote's posts

....this is really sick if you want go on RDS.ca in hockey section and get the translation from the web ...          I'm surprised the web can translate what it said on RDS .  As a french speaker I can't even understand what they are saying . These guys never learn to write well french language . As bad as my english though . And please dont waste your time listening to Bergeron and Fournier unless you want to develop an anevrism .  It's been a long time since the last time i wrote here but i read a lot of your forums .  I'm just curious about others passionate hockey fans rooms .  I usually find from time to time some good comments and humour .  And it tell me what will be habs forums in 20 more years without stanley cup  .  A pretty irrationnal unsatisfaction after 1 lost in 10 games .  There is no offense here so no need to send me some spiteful replies . Hoping we will have an Habs-Bruins series in near future . It's never the same without this classic matchup.                 "Panem y circenses" Juvénal (1950 years ago)  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruin62. Show bruin62's posts

These french canadian red necks really make the rest of us canadians out west look bad. now you have air canada spouting off also the minister of sport chirping and last but not least the french keystone cops want to get involed. everyone one of them wants there 15 min. of fame. maybe they can take all of hitting out and play with a sponge puck? or even better they can only move like a old table top hockey game they wont even come close to hitting each other

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I'm from Vancouver and remember the McSorley/Brashear stick to the head incident.

The police were involved because it was a deliberate stick as a weapon incident, in the last seconds of the game or after the buzzer (I dont remember).

I never heard one Nucks fan threaten the life of McSorley, or the Provincial government discuss the incident as a public matter.

This was a hockey hit into a part of the rink that has had many players fall victim.....end of story. Redesign time.