New acquisitions burning up the league!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: New acquisitions burning up the league!

In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league!:
    [QUOTE]Houston we have another name caller. Excuse me folks while I pick apart this lightweight. 1. How many goals has Bergy had from the POINT? You missed what I said completely, no surprise. 2. Was Dryden or Espo a number one pick like Thornton? Yet they went on to become REAL STARS.  3. Gonchar has TWICE as many goals (6) as Kaberle on a horrible team. And 4 power play goals (to 0 for your hero). AND a career plus 39 (to plus 27 to your idol). OK enough of the lightweight
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    What's the deal?You think the fact you're an old man gives you a leg up with hockey knowledge?Truth be known,you've managed to come off as a simpleton that's unable to understand the game's subtle nuances.Any credibility that you've decided to bestow upon yourself went out the window as soon as you compared Colborne to Esposito(who was NEVER formally drafted-try again).Regarding Kaberle,can you please enlighten all of us non-experts as to which NHL defensemen are brought in to be goal scorers?Take your time.I know your mind isn't as sharp as it used to be.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez

Be nice.  No one is getting my smile off my face.  This is the best Bruin team I have witnessed in a while and the combo of major teams battling injuries I believe we have a very real shot at winning.  Very few teams win the western swing of van/cal/edm.  check it out.  very few teams sweep that. 
    -We have potential mvp/vezina/norris/selke winners and I would argue that Marchand could be in the mix as well. 
    -Top 5 in offense and Top defense club in the league.
    -6-7 20 goal guys
    -toughest team in hockey
    -one of the best road team
    -added perfect pieces to the puzzle when you look at who was actually dealt
    -balanced lineup

This team looks very good and has a serious chance at making a long run.  Philly will be our biggest test should we meet them.  For now I am enjoying the ride.  Who wants to play this team in round one. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Dez Be nice.  No one is getting my smile off my face.  This is the best Bruin team I have witnessed in a while and the combo of major teams battling injuries I believe we have a very real shot at winning.  Very few teams win the western swing of van/cal/edm.  check it out.  very few teams sweep that.  -We have potential mvp/vezina/norris/selke winners and I would argue that Marchand could be in the mix as well.  -Top 5 in offense and Top defense club in the league. -6-7 20 goal guys -toughest team in hockey -one of the best road team -added perfect pieces to the puzzle when you look at who was actually dealt -balanced lineup This team looks very good and has a serious chance at making a long run.  Philly will be our biggest test should we meet them.  For now I am enjoying the ride.  Who wants to play this team in round one. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Ummm Shupe I hate to say this but... I agree? I'm so confused right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You need some sleep.  Haha

I think we agree on more things than we let on.  We had our Probert/McSorely fight the other night but all is good.

Bruins have me believing.  I said prior to the deadline we needed a dman to take some ice time away from Chara.  Enter Kaberle.
    I said we needed a 3rd line center in the mold of Eric Belanger.  Enter Kelly.
    I said we needed secondary scoring or a top line winger and they got Peverly.

I am very happy with this club. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]You need some sleep.  Haha I think we agree on more things than we let on.  We had our Probert/McSorely fight the other night but all is good. Bruins have me believing.  I said prior to the deadline we needed a dman to take some ice time away from Chara.  Enter Kaberle. I said we needed a 3rd line center in the mold of Eric Belanger.  Enter Kelly. I said we needed secondary scoring or a top line winger and they got Peverly. I am very happy with this club. 
    Me too. I also like the fact that silently PC made this a completely different team than the one that lost last year. I am truly believing in this team. Peverley has completely blown me away with his speed. When was the last time the B's had someone who could chase down icings? Kabs and Kelly have played great. The PP with Kabs against Ott was great, even though they didn't score. They looked fantastic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Oh and I agree I just think the things we disagree on are things we hold very dear to our own hearts haha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : What's the deal?You think the fact you're an old man gives you a leg up with hockey knowledge?Truth be known,you've managed to come off as a simpleton that's unable to understand the game's subtle nuances.Any credibility that you've decided to bestow upon yourself went out the window as soon as you compared Colborne to Esposito(who was NEVER formally drafted-try again).Regarding Kaberle,can you please enlighten all of us non-experts as to which NHL defensemen are brought in to be goal scorers?Take your time.I know your mind isn't as sharp as it used to be.....
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Did that guy say i dont know what im talking about and then recommend shipping off a first rounder for Gonchar? Case closed. No more responses needed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Dez Be nice.  No one is getting my smile off my face.  This is the best Bruin team I have witnessed in a while and the combo of major teams battling injuries I believe we have a very real shot at winning.  Very few teams win the western swing of van/cal/edm.  check it out.  very few teams sweep that.  -We have potential mvp/vezina/norris/selke winners and I would argue that Marchand could be in the mix as well.  -Top 5 in offense and Top defense club in the league. -6-7 20 goal guys -toughest team in hockey -one of the best road team -added perfect pieces to the puzzle when you look at who was actually dealt -balanced lineup This team looks very good and has a serious chance at making a long run.  Philly will be our biggest test should we meet them.  For now I am enjoying the ride.  Who wants to play this team in round one. 

no Shupe. Your completely wrong. The 3 new players didnt score 10 goals each on that road trip. We should be pissed and make sarcastic misleading threads to complain! Even though the team is 6-0 since the trades.

You just dont get it. Young'un.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I didn't call you names, I said you don't know what you are talking about.  You have now made that even more clear, and resorted to calling me names.  There are lots of players who weren't #1 picks that became stars, but most #1's do and most non- #1's don't.  To compare thornton and colborne is silly.  No one in hockey is expecting colborne to be thornton.  It's also silly to compare a guy who hasn't played a game in the NHL with hall of famers.  And calling me lightweight doesn't change the fact that Gonchar and Souray are terrible now.  I guess my fitness regimen is paying off.  Thanks chubs.

[QUOTE]Houston we have another name caller. Excuse me folks while I pick apart this lightweight. 1. How many goals has Bergy had from the POINT? You missed what I said completely, no surprise. 2. Was Dryden or Espo a number one pick like Thornton? Yet they went on to become REAL STARS.  3. Gonchar has TWICE as many goals (6) as Kaberle on a horrible team. And 4 power play goals (to 0 for your hero). AND a career plus 39 (to plus 27 to your idol). OK enough of the lightweight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't call you names, I said you don't know what you are talking about.  You have now made that even more clear, and resorted to calling me names.  There are lots of players who weren't #1 picks that became stars, but most #1's do and most non- #1's don't.  To compare thornton and colborne is silly.  No one in hockey is expecting colborne to be thornton.  It's also silly to compare a guy who hasn't played a game in the NHL with hall of famers.  And calling me lightweight doesn't change the fact that Gonchar and Souray are terrible now.  I guess my fitness regimen is paying off.  Thanks chubs. In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

lol I didnt call him any names either. I said he sounded like a fool, not that he IS a fool.

But I guess im just a young'un wth do I know anyways.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle was fantastic on the power play, I don't know what game you were watching.  On the TSN feed Ray Ferraro was amazed, saying he had never scene one player(Chara) get off that many good shots in one power play.  If defense is keying on him, it isn't helping.  He let six bombs go.  If they shadow him, that leaves a 4 on 3, which is just foolish.  You can't shadow on a pp, Kaberle has 3 other targets.  Oh yes, Bergeron is also a non-threat to score.  How is he on a pace for 27?  Colborne is not Thornton.  JT was a 1st overall pick-can't miss.  JC was what... 16th... with many questions about his game that still exist.  Souray is so bad no one will take him for half price on re-entry waivers.  And Gonchar's game has fallen way off.  He's a minus machine.  Blah, I don't know why I'm even responding to this post, you don't know what you're talking about.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    OatesCam, you are so knowledgeable. This power play of yours has been FANTASTIC! especially tonight. HA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : What's the deal?You think the fact you're an old man gives you a leg up with hockey knowledge?Truth be known,you've managed to come off as a simpleton that's unable to understand the game's subtle nuances.Any credibility that you've decided to bestow upon yourself went out the window as soon as you compared Colborne to Esposito(who was NEVER formally drafted-try again).Regarding Kaberle,can you please enlighten all of us non-experts as to which NHL defensemen are brought in to be goal scorers?Take your time.I know your mind isn't as sharp as it used to be.....
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Dezaruchi, do you now agree this is a horrible power play or are you a "SIMPLETON"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New acquisitions burning up the league! : Did that guy say i dont know what im talking about and then recommend shipping off a first rounder for Gonchar? Case closed. No more responses needed.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    You might like hockey, but your knowledge about its finer points is in need of improvement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In  Response to New acquisitions burning up the league!:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Kaberle 5 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, 1 point, 1 shot; Peverly 4 games, 1 goal, no assists, Kelly, 5 games, no goals, 1 assist, power play putting up goose eggs, seems like we're winning mostly with players we already have (Lucic, Horton, Rask) and n ody fears Kaberle's shot, so they'll all be honing in on Chara. This power play will be allowed all kinds of peripheral passes and therefore look great, but when the goals don't come and the inevitable losses, the bloom will wear off this rose very quickly.

Agree 100% Peverly,and Kelly useless,not getting anywhere near cup with those two.Put Seguin on third line at least the kid has some offensive pottential.

Sections
Shortcuts