new blog!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkrswild93. Show jkrswild93's posts

new blog!

http://thebsknees-jkrswild93.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: new blog!

I watch the repeat of the game when i got home from a afternoon shift but only the first period. I notice Lucic was on a hitting roll nice hit on Letang. If the b's meet Pits in the playoffs Letang will be Lucic's target. 16 more gms. and counting to play-off hockey Yahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good post and good description of a game to forget.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just what we needed!  Thanks!  I know I was hoping there would be a new place online that I could go to read about what happened in the game I watched. 10,000 sites with the same info aren't enough.  Now that we have 10,001, everyone is happy.

Christmas comes early!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkrswild93. Show jkrswild93's posts

10000 blogs really??? if your reading 10000 blogs u need to find a hobby. now if you start reading that 10001st blog u no longer need to read the other ones. I will tell u how it is, i dont work for the b's or the NHL if the Bs suck i will tell u they SUCKed if they are playin great then i will say u missed a great game but since u have 10000 other blogs to read its all good stick with them and enjoy their blogs no sweat off my back...  Thanks Bogie6 i appreciate it!... boboreilly i just hope that Lucic doesnt lose his scoring touch because he is too focused to hitting. if he can keep up the hard hitting and scoring than we got ourself a great great player

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There are too many blogs on the Bruins, to be honest.  Rather than just throwing a link out there with no description at all, you should let people know why your blog may be interesting and what it might offer that others blogs don't.

For someone who watches every Bruins game, reads the Boston papers, TSN, Kalman, and others sites just about very day -- why would I be interested in a new blog just because somebody posts a link (which happens here a lot).

And, no offense, but complete lack of punctuation above doesn't exactly paint a great picture as an aspiring journalist.  Not trying to be a d*ck, just being honest about why people like me aren't always interested in another link to another random blog about the Bruins...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You don't have to tell me that they sucked or didn't.  I watch and/or go to the games.  Every single one of them. 

For those who don't watch the games, there are professionals that give game recaps.  As Fletcher pointed out, why would we want to read your recap?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkrswild93. Show jkrswild93's posts

hey fletcher thanks for the honesty. im new at all this blogging stuff and in no way trying to be a journalist just enjoy sharing my thoughts about the game. as far as punctuations go english was never my strong suit in school but i'll try to add periods and commas where they belong and make it better just for u..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: new blog!:
    hey fletcher thanks for the honesty. im new at all this blogging stuff and in no way trying to be a journalist just enjoy sharing my thoughts about the game. as far as punctuations go english was never my strong suit in school but i'll try to add periods and commas where they belong and make it better just for u..
    Posted by jkrswild93

Hey Fletcher,

Thanks for the honesty. I'm new at all this blogging stuff and in no way trying to be a journalist.  I just enjoy sharing my thoughts about the game.  As far as punctuations go, English was never my strong suit in school but I'll try to add periods and commas where they belong and make it better just for you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: new blog!:
    Posted by jkrswild93

If Fletcher or NAS opened up a blog, I would read their material.  As for punctuation, the best way to look at it is when you speak you make normal pauses and breaks in thought.  The punctuations are those pauses and or breaks. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Hey Jkr, I study blogs for a living (professionally and as an academic) and I agree with Fletcher here, that there are just too many blogs in general. However, I wish you luck in this new venture and I will be sure to check in every now and again. My suggestions:

**Don't let it go stale. Even if you're only adding a graph or two, try to get it updated regularly. (I effen hate it when people start a blog, then let it languish, and then don't take it down.)

**Write about it from your, the fan's perspective. KPD, Fluto and the guys at any number of Boston outlets are covering the games in a traditional journalism sense. The only way to make it yours is to write about it from your vantage point, which will mean telling your story (reflections on being a Bruin fan through the years, favorite Bruin moments, even experiences going to games).

**Get your friends and family to start following it and once it gets off the ground, consider sending the link to some of the more prominent hockey bloggers out there so they will link it on their pages.

**Don't go crazy on your love of any particular players. It's always a little creepy to find those old PJ Stock fan sites ...

Hope this helps. Good luck!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

oh well you were asking for it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Seidenberg,  Krejci.  You at least have to spell the Bruins' players' names right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Not a bad write up Jrks.

A few tips from someone who reads a lot of blogs. Paragraph structure short concise paragraphs make your blog more appealing to the eye. Also, spelling players names correct is crucial.

Writing as a fan its best to use comparable's metaphors and examples of things in the games. Connect plays to past well known plays so I can get a mental image of what your talking about.

Good luck with your blog fellow Bruins fan!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Write your blog in word, use spell check, find out meaning of words, when plural and not, right word etc., then copy and paste into your blog.  Typos happen to the best of us, but your blog looks like it was written by my grade 5er.  Word will help you fix a lot of errors, or maybe get your wife to read it.

Nice try, just clean it up or you will lose a lot of readers.

Examples that just screamed at me
    was written      should be written

turnover - turnovers
    seemed to have bring - seemed to bring or seemed to have brought
    hear - here
    their - there
    Lighting - Lightning
    knowledable - knowledgeable
    fases - phases
    love and die for - live and die for
    composer - composure was one that tickled me.

Kudos on spelling Manon's full name right, not an easy one, but for an easier read try it on someone first.  I like your enthusiasm, try to keep it as an how you really see it and not a love fest or hate fest if you can, it is a better read.

No trying to dis you, but as a reader, you need to be able to understand it and the clearer and more precise you are the better your feedback.  I have read you so far, but to keep "me", and just me, I cannot speak for others, but you need to clean up your spelling and grammar. Do not treat it as just another text that you send to your buddies.

Best of luck.

Sections
Shortcuts