New Bruin Strategy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperSucka. Show SuperSucka's posts

New Bruin Strategy

I called a first round loss to Montreal in 6 games a month ago on this very chat board. But I was at least hoping to see an enjoyable contest, but instead what a snore fest!

Its a pretty simple concept to beat Montreal - soft puck dumps into the corner so Price can't play it, and then hammer the weak Montreal D-Men everytime they go to retrieve the puck. Play the cycle, and put the big bodies infront all game - dont let Price see anything!!! I'd also put Seguin in for Ryder, rookie or not he can't play any worse than Ryder. Plus hes fast and can be helpful on the weak powerplay.

Pretty simple strategy - dump, smash, score!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: New Bruin Strategy

In Response to New Bruin Strategy:
    I called a first round loss to Montreal in 6 games a month ago on this very chat board. But I was at least hoping to see an enjoyable contest, but instead what a snore fest! Its a pretty simple concept to beat Montreal - soft puck dumps into the corner so Price can't play it, and then hammer the weak Montreal D-Men everytime they go to retrieve the puck. Play the cycle, and put the big bodies infront all game - dont let Price see anything!!! I'd also put Seguin in for Ryder, rookie or not he can't play any worse than Ryder. Plus hes fast and can be helpful on the weak powerplay. Pretty simple strategy - dump, smash, score!
    Posted by SuperSucka

If I could only hit on the powerball and buy this team I'd take your resume in a second.

Of course everyone posting tonight say the same.

I'd take their resumes, too.

Then I'd buy a senator and have him pass a law where I could publicly cane  anyone I wanted in the organization.  To be fair about it I would let CJ have the option of resigning first.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SuperSucka. Show SuperSucka's posts

Yup pretty simple way to play - too bad they dont do it! I used to love CJ and their style, but that defense-first approach is only good with low skilled teams that don't score - like the Bruins 4 years ago. This team needs to evolve to a more run and gun style of play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: New Bruin Strategy:
    Yup pretty simple way to play - too bad they dont do it! I used to love CJ and their style, but that defense-first approach is only good with low skilled teams that don't score - like the Bruins 4 years ago. This team needs to evolve to a more run and gun style of play.
    Posted by SuperSucka

Disinformation ! CJ's style got us into 7th place overall in the league...not too shabby. We had one of the best goals differential in the league...not too shabby.

We just have to find a way to beat the Canadiens without tying our hands behind our backs.  If Boston goes into a game afraid to take penalties then the hitting game is limited from the start and we're playing Montreal's game.

We should have pounded every Montreal player last night as if our lives depended on it.  Plekanec, Gomez, Kostitsen etc would have disappeared into the shadows and we would have set the tone for the series.

Now we're behind the 8 ball and will have to sacrifice game 2 to set the tone...
    which is very unlikely.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I said Bruins in 6 cause I was worried about the habs getting one of the 1st 2 games in Boston ...I am not panicing like eveyone else ...BRUINS will win game 2-3-5-6 ....kiss it good bye ....

and of course B's will win the Stanley Cup the 1st of 3

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

CJ worked it up 5 days before the game, on the style of game the B's were going to play last night.  How many times did he say they had to be disciplined and stay out of the box and control their emotion? That equals saying "we aren't going to play a physical game or send a message."  The response from the Bruins after Lucic got crosschecked by Subban after the whistle in the 1st gave Montreal all they needed to know about how the B's were going to play.  Any regular season game and Subban's @$$ would have been on the ice.  Instead of taking good penalties from physical play, they get put in the box just as many times for hooking and what-have-you.  It shouldn't be that hard.  Dump the puck, hit the D, wear them down, keep the pressure up in the neutral zone and get turn overs. 

And I'm sorry, Kaberle needs to sit.  That's the second time in the last 3 games he's had a brain f@rt moment in front of the net leaving the guy wide open.  Everytime someone scores I look up and he's still standing around.  Who does he want to be, Glen Featherstone?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Same old crap every year,Claude whips 4 lines into the playoffs and then they suddenly become who they really are, average players.Mostly because the effort level by other teams is now matching the Bruins but the other teams have more talent and a better system to play in,result,bye bye Bs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to New Bruin Strategy:
    I called a first round loss to Montreal in 6 games a month ago on this very chat board. But I was at least hoping to see an enjoyable contest, but instead what a snore fest! Its a pretty simple concept to beat Montreal - soft puck dumps into the corner so Price can't play it, and then hammer the weak Montreal D-Men everytime they go to retrieve the puck. Play the cycle, and put the big bodies infront all game - dont let Price see anything!!! I'd also put Seguin in for Ryder, rookie or not he can't play any worse than Ryder. Plus hes fast and can be helpful on the weak powerplay. Pretty simple strategy - dump, smash, score!
    Posted by SuperSucka

actually it is that simple...but you're absolutely incorrect.  You shoot the puck in when the opposition is holding the blue line.  When the opposition has 4 players lined across the ice at the hash marks, and one player high...you carry it in.  Not opinion, hockey 101.
    Montreal was backing in, allowing entrance into the zone.  It's nice to punish and hit, but it's better to have the puck.  You don't do those things when you have the puck.
    Montreal chose to let the B's, "have the puck", and choke up the shooting lanes.
    Boston didn't do enough to earn didly quality scoring chances.  They were lazy.  Way too many turnovers...but the killer...was no one in front of the net.  The B's should have had someone from every line "getting" punished and hacked standing directly on front of Price.  For whatever reason, no one wanted to pay the tab for a victory last nite.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: New Bruin Strategy:
    In Response to New Bruin Strategy :  actually it is that simple...but you're absolutely incorrect.  You shoot the puck in when the opposition is holding the blue line.  When the opposition has 4 players lined across the ice at the hash marks, and one player high...you carry it in.  Not opinion, hockey 101. Montreal was backing in, allowing entrance into the zone.  It's nice to punish and hit, but it's better to have the puck.  You don't do those things when you have the puck. Montreal chose to let the B's, "have the puck", and choke up the shooting lanes. Boston didn't do enough to earn didly quality scoring chances.  They were lazy.  Way too many turnovers...but the killer...was no one in front of the net.  The B's should have had someone from every line "getting" punished and hacked standing directly on front of Price.  For whatever reason, no one wanted to pay the tab for a victory last nite.   
    Posted by stevegm

Shooting Lanes?????    The Bs cant even get a decent shot off 5 on 4.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Krejci spent more time on his azz last night than anyone since Stevie Heinze wore the spoked B. I heard on the radio this morning that Plekanec did a great job in "shadowing" Krejci last night...How the hell did he even FIND him??

Sections
Shortcuts