New Bruins training facility at site of the old garden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

New Bruins training facility at site of the old garden

From the Globe

The Bruins are still working on a new practice facility for the team, with the goal of eventually replacing Ristuccia Arena. The preferred destination now appears to be on the site of the old Boston Garden. There is no timeline, but Charlie Jacobs said that the team is working on the numbers with Boston Properties to build one. "My hope would be that we would have a premier, world-class training facility," Jacobs said. "Not to say that we don't have one at Ristuccia, but we think we can do better." There would also be retail and restaurants in the site. If that doesn't work, the team will continue discussions with others, but as Jacobs said, "This might be Option 1 in my book, at the moment."

Do any of you live in the area?  Would you be going to rookie camps or checking out practice more often if it were next to the TD Garden?

This might also mean better ice for games since they could practice on the other sheet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Re: New Bruins training facility at site of the old garden

It would make it easier for me since I work in town

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Makes all the sense in the world, and could be really cool to open up for public skating on game days. Why not add 4,000-5,000 seats, simulcast games over there - get the concessiosn take and allow locals to be part of the experience in the area for $10 or whatever. Have smaller concerts and whatnot. Seems like a no-brainer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Makes all the sense in the world, and could be really cool to open up for public skating on game days. Why not add 4,000-5,000 seats, simulcast games over there - get the concessiosn take and allow locals to be part of the experience in the area for $10 or whatever. Have smaller concerts and whatnot. Seems like a no-brainer.

Yah. you look at google maps and see all that wasted space and consider the real estate values down there and then I wonder why aren't all of those parking lots converted to buildings with parking underneath.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I walk by that spot everyday on my way to work and at present it is a mess. They are doing construction next to the Garden and over there is basically nothing. I would absolutely stop by to check out rookie camp or practices when I had free time if it was right there.

Side note, have any of you actually been to Ristuccia? AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. Like worse than HockeyTown awful and don't even try to defend HockeyTown, it's my home rink but god it sucks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It would be a good thing for the team overall to have their own practice ice/training facility. It's no easier for me to go there than Wilmington so it wouldn't change how often I go to camp/practice.

I've been to Ristuccia abunch but not in about 3 years. Hard to believe it's worse than Hockey Town. Yeeeesh! The Dracut rink is the worst rink I've ever been to. My daughter had practice there so I dropped her off and was sitting outside in the car making a call. I see a big fat rat scampering along the outside of the building and he ducks into a hole in the wall. 3 seconds later I hear the sound of 18 girls screaming. The hole lead right into their locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I walk by that spot everyday on my way to work and at present it is a mess. They are doing construction next to the Garden and over there is basically nothing. I would absolutely stop by to check out rookie camp or practices when I had free time if it was right there.

Side note, have any of you actually been to Ristuccia? AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. Like worse than HockeyTown awful and don't even try to defend HockeyTown, it's my home rink but god it sucks.

Yes, I go to Ristuccia for the rookie camps.  I agree it is awful.  It's about an hour drive for me and it would be an hour to get to the garden, but Wilmington is a LOT less hassle driving.  And Wilmington has free parking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BH I agree about parking, but that's why the train goes right to North Station! And the subway lines. Everything is right there, I'd say its way more convenient than Wilmington.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That would be awesome to stroll through North Station then cruise into watch practice. That Ol overhang, balcony would need to be included of course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

BH I agree about parking, but that's why the train goes right to North Station! And the subway lines. Everything is right there, I'd say its way more convenient than Wilmington.

No, us people from the burbs like our vehicles and are scared of public transportation.  We have a long drive home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Why don't they use New England Sports Center in Marlboro?  I think there's 5 or 6 rinks in that building.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Why don't they use New England Sports Center in Marlboro?  I think there's 5 or 6 rinks in that building.

They would have to build the "training" part of the training center where all the weight room stuff is kept.  Plus Marlboro is twice as far away as wilmington, about 40 miles v. 20 miles.  Nothing far outside of 128 is even a consideration.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Couldnt agree more, if you have it there might as well bring some business to the area.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh you know concessions will have to be involded Money Mouth

Sections
Shortcuts