New Draft Mockeries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

New Draft Mockeries

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69366
    Nathan Beaulieu, D, Saint John (QMJHL)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69367
    Sven Baertschi, LW, Portland (WHL)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=69365&navid=mod-rr-headlines
    Nathan Beaulieu, D, Saint John (QMJHL)

I want Murphy. I also am still stuck on Puemple, he could be this year's Skinner, but his stock keeps dropping.  Couturier would be my first pick overall if we had that option.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: New Draft Mockeries

GOAT, You have Beaulieu twice now i'm sure Chiarelli would like to have two Nathan's but I don't think the league has instituted cloning. I think the Bruins will have a good defenseman at the #9 pick. Haven't seen Beaulieu live but have seen him several times on internet TV he looks good and seems to have more of an edge than Murphy.

Why has Matt Puempel's stock dropped so much ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

if we had the option to pick first overall, and you were the gm, and you picked couturier, cam neely would tackle you, fire you on the spot, and then try to change the pick himself to either RNH or larsson 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

oh and if Hoffner's prediction came true, and NYI was sitting there at 5, and Larsson was still available, I would go to them with 9, our 2nd, and anyone in the AHL they want.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

I've seen a few mock drafts and Couturier is at 6-8. I wouldn't mind seeing PC move up to get him. With Bergeron's head injuries, he could be a good replacement. God forbid Bergeron getting hurt again. I would be happy with Beaulieu, Murphy, or Hamilton. What do you guys think it would cost the B's to move up a few spots? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

San 3 different pickers and that is who we end up with in the 3 mocks.

SEASON                                                 P/O
    RNH 6'  155LBS  141GP 57G 120A 177PTS +19    13GP  4G  9A  13PT
    SC   6'4 191       184     86    137   223      +141   43     17  20   37
    GL  6'     201       114    60    52     112      +27      27     14  19   33
    AL   6'2  209       87      5       21     26        +5       28     0     5     5
    MP  6'    190       114     67    66      133     -35        4      1    1     2

COUTS has the best #'s, has great size, can skate and has mad skills, has back to back 96 pt seasons while playing 10games less this year. RNH had 10 points more this year while playing 11 games more( SC went to WJr's).

SC is my choice and he was last year, he would have gone 3rd to Seg and Hall.  I have no idea why his stock dropped when he has continued to contribute both on O and D.  Couturier reminds me of Couture only bigger and better.

Why Puemp stock dropped has to do with injuries and his scoring dropped(but they were still decent numbers) when Spooner left, I would like them reunited.  MP played on a not very good team and was 2nd in scoring as a rook last year(ahead of Spoon) and 1st this year. He is going to be a steal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

didn't he play in the Q? I'll take a top performer in the O or the W over a top player in the Q

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We could giveup Colborne, uh oh yeah.

Hamill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Are the Bruins picking a defenceman or forward?  I gotta think defence.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

So Daub you are just guessing on where players are from and that is your reasoning to pick a player. Yes SC is from the Q as were Lemieux and Lafleur and many other stars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

things change....the Q was once the premier junior league in canada....that is no longer true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ols-It will depend on player available. I think a good chance it will be a D in either of Murphy, Dougie or Beaulieu, but should they be gone and the Gods shine upon us and Couturier be available it would be a no brainer.

Then again Strome and Huberdeau are good picks as well, the team meetings with the players will have a big plus in deciding players, hopefully they are getting better since Kess on flakiness, but he was best talent available.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Daub players are rated on their skills, not leagues,SC has continued to deliver, others may have passed him in ratings, but his ratings have not gone down and I would love to have him.

His plus minus(which does mean something) is head and shoulders over his team mates last 2 years, so he would be a fav of clod's with his being well rounded.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: New Draft Mockeries:
    [QUOTE]So Daub you are just guessing on where players are from and that is your reasoning to pick a player. Yes SC is from the Q as were Lemieux and Lafleur and many other stars.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

To Dauber's point, there has not been a player from the Q drafted in the top-10 since 2007 (#7-Jakub Voracek).

Over the same period:
    OHL- 18 players drafted in the top-10 (including all of the #1's: Kane, Stamkos, Tavares & Hall)
    WHL- 13 players drafted in the top-10
    Hockey East- 1
    USDP- 1
    BCHL- 1

It will be interesting to see if/how much SC's playing in the Q impacts his draft position, but clearly the top players drafted have come from the OHL/WHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well duh that's what I get for reading your post too quickly (I need a beer or twenty of them). Then I'm happy becuase I'd like Beaulieu if he is there gotta have nasty along with those assists.

As far as the Q i'm happy with the development of Sauve albeit a little injury prone and Marchand great first full season so far...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Berg, Krej 2 others that used the Q.

Personally, I have tended to stay away from Q players as I never seen them nor paid attention to them 'much'. That changed a lot, when March was drafted and I paid more and more attention to the league. A buddy's son played there and is in Chi org now. Caron came from there. SC has been more high profile for 2 years and he has delivered.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Any Mika Zibanejad fans out there? From what I've read...and I will try and pull some sources for you in a bit...he seems like a guy who would fit in here. Plus his name is pretty cool.

EDIT: One of the links above puts it well in a sentence, "Power forward lauded for good hands, vision and skating ability." He also spent a bit of time playing for Djugarden so he's played against men already.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

2010 - top 3 picks, OHL
    2009 - 1 and 3 picks, OHL (hedman from sweden)
    2008 - top 4 picks, OHL
    2007 - top pick, OHL
    2006 - number 2 pick, which was the top pick out of  major junior, OHL
    2005 - crosby, from the Q, for the past 5 years, the O has produced the talent....it isn't 2005 anymore

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Duncan Siemens' name also seems to come up as a possible pick for the B's.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2011

Sections
Shortcuts