New England fans riot after championship loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from canuxcup. Show canuxcup's posts

New England fans riot after championship loss

Everything you beaneaters said about Vancouver, you now have to say about yourselves:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2012/02/hundreds-students-riot-umass-amherst-after-super-bowl-arrested/3JMW3WiNRhwzYa8xCMLgML/index.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: New England fans riot after championship loss

Stll hurting after 7 months, huh?  Poor baby. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ha, a bunch of students get rowdy 100 miles from Boston and you try to equate it to you clowns burning your own city down.

Glad to see the wounds are still painful for you.  Eat it.

You can celebrate suspensions, you can celebrate students in Massachusetts getting arrested, but you can't celebrate a Cup, can you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: New England fans riot after championship loss:
    [QUOTE]Ha, a bunch of students get rowdy 100 miles from Boston and you try to equate it to you clowns burning your own city down. Glad to see the wounds are still painful for you.  Eat it. You can celebrate suspensions, you can celebrated students in Massachusetts getting arrested, but you can't celebrate a Cup, can you?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Amen, Fletch.  I was gonna say something in particular but you pretty much summed it up for me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Please do not label weed and alcohol infused college students Patriots fans. Another case of headline seeking media attempting to paint a negative picture of sports fans. Boston and the rest of New England was quiet. No lovemakers in Kenmore Square, no downtown businesses vandalized, no Giants fans assaulted. Sorry, Vancouver!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Here in Columbus Oh, the year the Buckeyes won the Nat'l Championship, college student ripped through campus. Burning cars, trashing houses and streets....AND THEY WON.... Its all stupid if you ask me. I still think Vancouver is the worse Ive ever seen. Actually the worse I have ever seen is the Buffalo Riots. The fans sure tore the town up when Bruce almighty granted everyones wish and let the Sabres win the stanley cup...LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was at MSU the two years where the basketball team first lost in the Final Four, then won the championship.  The loss was a riot; the win a bunch of drunk people milling around being happy.
    The lesson?  College students like being drunk and happy.  If they can't be happy, they can still be drunk.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In Response to New England fans riot after championship loss:
    [QUOTE]Everything you beaneaters said about Vancouver, you now have to say about yourselves: http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2012/02/hundreds-students-riot-umass-amherst-after-super-bowl-arrested/3JMW3WiNRhwzYa8xCMLgML/index.html
    Posted by canuxcup[/QUOTE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CMLmqEMm4 how do you call that Boston??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

the riot following new England's loss in super bowl 46 with police on horses and tear gas and flash bangs exploding girls getting trampled horses charging kid getting attacked by dogs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Fletchert..beautiful.. Canuck fans are a disgrace to canada and hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Ha, a bunch of students get rowdy 100 miles from Boston and you try to equate it to you clowns burning your own city down. Glad to see the wounds are still painful for you.  Eat it. You can celebrate suspensions, you can celebrate students in Massachusetts getting arrested, but you can't celebrate a Cup, can you?

1st post on here ?  It's not fooling anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Canux,
    You've been Fletched.
    Yes, 14 college students were arrested. It was a regular Armaggedon out there.
    9 championship appearances for Boston sports teams in the last decade. Zero riots. You guys are batting .1000.
    ...You were saying?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

According to the cop, it doesn't even sound like a riot. A bunch of fights broke out, but no property damage, no fires, no bne, no looting. Not much of a riot, and not even in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Canux, You've been Fletched. Yes, 14 college students were arrested. It was a regular Armaggedon out there. 9 championship appearances for Boston sports teams in the last decade. Zero riots. You guys are batting .1000. ...You were saying?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to split hairs, but that's not entirely true. There was the confrontation with cops that lead to the death of Victoria Snelgrove in 2004.But still, nothing on the scale of last June, though it had tragic consequences.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Ha, a bunch of students get rowdy 100 miles from Boston and you try to equate it to you clowns burning your own city down. Glad to see the wounds are still painful for you.  Eat it. You can celebrate suspensions, you can celebrate students in Massachusetts getting arrested, but you can't celebrate a Cup, can you?

Correct about the "clowns" remark.  Many of them are now getting their day in court.  But the only things burning were cars.  Glass was broken, stores were looted, but "the city was not burned down".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New England fans riot after championship loss : Correct about the "clowns" remark.  Many of them are now getting their day in court.  But the only things burning were cars.  Glass was broken, stores were looted, but "the city was not burned down".
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I know 49.  I know the city wasn't "burned down".  Responding to hyperbole with hyperbole here.  If a pack of drunk college kids fist-fighting in Amherst could be called a "riot", then whatever happened in Vancouver last June could be called total destruction.

Neither one should be celebrated.  Root for your teams, not riots in opposing cities.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New England fans riot after championship loss : I know 49.  I know the city wasn't "burned down".  Responding to hyperbole with hyperbole here.  If a pack of drunk college kids fist-fighting in Amherst could be called a "riot", then whatever happened in Vancouver last June could be called total destruction. Neither one should be celebrated.  Root for your teams, not riots in opposing cities.

I agree -- that post comparing the two was stupid. 

The riot was such a stain on what was otherwise a remarkable season, and I fear that it will put to an end the tremendous experience of watching the game on big screens with 100,000 other fans on Georgia Street.  It's truly an amazing experience, but, like so many other great Vancouver events, one that has been ruined by drunken hooligans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Red, The Victoria Snellgrove incident was an incredibly sad and tragic overreaction/mistake but was not due to rioting on Lansdowne St.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New England fans riot after championship loss : I agree -- that post comparing the two was stupid.  The riot was such a stain on what was otherwise a remarkable season, and I fear that it will put to an end the tremendous experience of watching the game on big screens with 100,000 other fans on Georgia Street.  It's truly an amazing experience, but, like so many other great Vancouver events, one that has been ruined by drunken hooligans.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I tend to think that the likelihood of another riot in Vancouver is much lower, due largely to technology.  From what I have read, hundreds of people were arrested retroactively from pictures and video footage taken during the riots.  Hundreds of people went to bed that night thinking they just vented some frustration only to find out a week later they were facing criminal charges.

You would have to be an idiot (I know, many of them are) to be so brazen in rioting now, when dozens of people are filming and taking your picture.  Even in a lawless mob, you can no longer be anonymous.  Every person there has the ability to record what you do with their phone.  It's the same way those thugs in Philly finally got arrested for beating the Ranger fans after the winter classic.  If people actually fear being arrested, they probably won't riot.

Secondly, I would hope that the Vancouver police force would have all hands on deck next time and be prepared to aggressively combat the instigators.  I suspect other fans will have less tolerance for the rioters too.

I bet they do the big screen again.  I hope they lose, but don't riot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If Van makes the finals, they'll still have the TVs - the mayor has said so - and I'd put the chance of another out of control riot at zero.

First, the cops and transit authority know how they screwed up, and have organized a counter measures plan to make up for their short comings.

Secondly, the public shaming that has happened to last year's participants will act as a deterrent.

Thirdly, and most importantly, the people of Vancouver just won't tolerate it. Next time, if someone starts something, the cops won't need to intervene other than to protect the instigator, because I'd bet allmy money in my pockets that anyone who tries to start something will get an unholy beatdown by his fellow citizens. Folks outside of this city I think underestimate how embarrassed and ticked most of Vancouver's citizens were over this. Someone tries to start something like this again, and they'll get the crap kicked out of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

And lets face it, a championship loss doesnt sting as much when you can use the reflection in multiple recent hardware to help wipe your tears.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]If Van makes the finals, they'll still have the TVs - the mayor has said so - and I'd put the chance of another out of control riot at zero. First, the cops and transit authority know how they screwed up, and have organized a counter measures plan to make up for their short comings. Secondly, the public shaming that has happened to last year's participants will act as a deterrent. Thirdly, and most importantly, the people of Vancouver just won't tolerate it. Next time, if someone starts something, the cops won't need to intervene other than to protect the instigator, because I'd bet allmy money in my pockets that anyone who tries to start something will get an unholy beatdown by his fellow citizens. Folks outside of this city I think underestimate how embarrassed and ticked most of Vancouver's citizens were over this. Someone tries to start something like this again, and they'll get the crap kicked out of them.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Just to further that point a bit, last year I stayed out of downtown because I expected something like this and was worried for my safety. A lot of people did the same. This year, and I'm not alone in my thinking, I'd go downtown, if for no other reason than to prevent this kind of crap from happening again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hockey !  Football ???   Hockey !  Football ??? ...What ???? Did a hockey game break out at a football game, because if it did then it would have being the Cancukleheads jersey's all over the place.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Hockey !  Football ???   Hockey !  Football ??? ...What ???? Did a hockey game break out at a football game, because if it did then it would have being the Cancukleheads jersey's all over the place.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Can someone translate this post for me??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE] I would hope that the Vancouver police force would have all hands on deck next time

What "next time"?

Sections
Shortcuts