New forum - new troll strategy - folks, regulars, please read - public appeal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

New forum - new troll strategy - folks, regulars, please read - public appeal

Dealing with trolls in this new world order. 

Let's hijack the threads that the trolls bump?

It used to be that ignoring trolls was enough.

Now with this new forum we have trolls banned so we can't see their posts (good)
    but
    they can still bump threads (bad)

I think we can combat this if we work together.

Even in in the most infamous troll's heyday he didn't have many replies to threads he started so hijacking the thread is going to be relatively easy.

Hijacking - let's simply agree to do something like this, if a suspect thread comes up to the front, maybe we can do somethng like this, in your post put
    -------------  HIJACK -----------
    and start a new subject. 

or maybe we won't have to, maybe if you see one of the regular posters change the subject just go with it.

In this way, if a thread comes to the top of the forum, you can go to the last page and respond to whatever the the new subject is.

We have an outstanding regular community despite our differences (and boy do we have some!), there is excellent discussion and insight here particular to the Bruins.

We can't depend on BDC to police the forum, the sheiff ain't in town.

There has to be some street justice/vigilante work to do around here because there is no sheriff in town.

This is not intended to replace ignore, please keep doing that, but this is a way to deal with threads to be ignored.

During the regular season ignore works great because the idiot threads get buried pretty quick because it's only the 0.05% that ruin it for the rest of us.  Espeicallyduring these thin times the trolls can have a field day.

OK, I know NAS will most likely say I'm an idiot, but you know what?  That's OK because if he does at least I know he heard this, maybe...

This forum is "ours" - it's the people here who make it what it is no matter who owns it, administers it, advertises on it or whatever else.  Without the posters - without the QUALITY posters (even the obnoxious ones) the forum is nothing, or "null" if you will.

Please respond, agree or disagree or think it's idiotic, if we can get enough people on board the forum will be in possesion of it's rightful "owners", a group that is self policing because the majority will rule.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: New forum - new troll strategy - folks, regulars, please read - public appeal

HIJACK ?
    we can't edit those old posts even if you started it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: New forum - new troll strategy - folks, regulars, please read - public appeal

true, they cannot be edited, but we can simply change the subject and start a new thread inside of the old one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

true, they cannot be edited, but we can simply change the subject and start a new thread inside of the old one.

BadHab put your energy somewhere else.  Keep bumping up the good threads and post there.
    There are more of us than them. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Fair enough, but you see what I mean.  He just bumped another bunch of old threads again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Fair enough, but you see what I mean.  He just bumped another bunch of old threads again.

and we bump recent threads, on those you can just bump or add comment

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, so we will have at least you and I bumping threads.

If more people do it then we can bump the idiot right off the forum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't disagree, but I have no clue how to 'bump" a troll. Plus what do you mean that a troll 'hijacks" an intersting thread ? Actually, there's such little content to comment on, I may go back for a snooze, which us elderly folk need each day.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

'Owning' me?  Hardly.  They will eventually fix the problem of his ability to bump posts and then he will be gone forever.  And I will be here.  And he will be figuring out ways to get back on the board.

And people - null should have been dealt with much earlier.  As a community I don't think we did enough to report him as an abusive user early enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Don't disagree, but I have no clue how to 'bump" a troll. Plus what do you mean that a troll 'hijacks" an intersting thread ? Actually, there's such little content to comment on, I may go back for a snooze, which us elderly folk need each day.

When he "bumps", that is brings an old post that he started to the top, it's up to us to find the older relevant posts and comment upon them so that he doesn't dominate the forum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

Sad to say, all this is doing is giving him more fire and motivation.

That's it, and it's not going to change unless there is someone with power who is very active, and since this is free and it's been shown they won't be policed - it's not going to change. People really need to accept it, don't let it impact you.

The only thing that is going to "work" is what works for you individually, whether that's getting a laugh out of them, arguing with them, or ignoring them. Choose the method that works for you and move on, seriously.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The best action is not ignoring or having a poster "troll" given the sentence of purgatory, it is simply ignoring reading people who are idiots.  Now can BDC use cookies as a method of eliminating posting, me thinks it is still free enterprize.  If you are making an azz of yourself in a bar, intoxicated  or not, YOU are out the door.  The same is real in the business world, the best of contracts can be the worst.  So, let the trolls post, just do a "Nancy Reagan".  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Since the weather is getting cooler and there are more posters I think we can just go back to ignore.

The idiotic posts seem to be getting buried fast enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This "new' creation is confusing. I have to carefully check the origination date before I can comment. Maybe " Dottie" can find a way to shelve or relocate old stuff, and let us review today's comments as we did last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vcec. Show vcec's posts

[QUOTE]

Me thinks you are putting too much thought into the troll thing. And seriously, you can't police it much less enforce it. 

Ignoring is the best way to go. Trust me, you'll feel better if you just let it go. 

Sections
Shortcuts