New Line Combos and why no Redden?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

New Line Combos and why no Redden?

Im baffled at the new line combos and the exclusion of Redden.  i love campy but why not just move him up one spot?  

Im sorry if there is a thread somewhere but is it so hard to put jagr with dk.  They are both gifted offensively.  Its like watching ovie with beagle and the other plug they had him with. 

My new lines and rationale:

dk/jagr/dog-  dk and jagr have played together and can create.  Dog is high energy with some skill and would go through walls to play with those two.  He was very well liked in ottawa.  

seguin/lucic/horton- im keeping seguin at center until bergie comes back.  

Kelly/peverly/marchand- speed plus marchand is our best fwd and can play with anyone.  

Campy/paille/ST(ugh)- use them sparingly.  Paille Campy main pk guys so they will see the ice

Def:

chara/redden- get them together. for christ sakes play redden over bart.  

Seidz/hamilton-  i think hamilton plays better with seidz. Just my opinion though. 

Ference/boychuk- ference has to be much better

i know im no coach but getting dk with jagr is my main beef and getting redden in over bart also.  A game against a struggling carolina team is a perfect chance to get redden in.  

I hate the new line combos.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: New Line Combos and why no Redden?

Shupe, I casually mentioned this on the last game thread but putting Jagr with DK is so blatantly obvious (due to their familiarity with each other) that it will be literally the last thing CJ will do.

Classic stubborn Claude......Campbell and his whole 7 points centering the second line is just plain dumb....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Shupe, I casually mentioned this on the last game thread but putting Jagr with DK is so blatantly obvious (due to their familiarity with each other) that it will be literally the last thing CJ will do.

Classic stubborn Claude......Campbell and his whole 7 points centering the second line is just plain dumb....

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Although it would never be mentioned, I'm betting it all has something to do with defensive reponsibilities. This could get real ugly fast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

DK with Jagr yes

seguin iwth looch and horton. yes

Mardchand with pevs and kelly yes only becuse hes playing like a 3rd liner lately.

Redden in and ferrence out ok.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Wally, you'd take Ference out over Bartkowski?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Although it would never be mentioned, I'm betting it all has something to do with defensive reponsibilities. This could get real ugly fast.

Well we arent scoring so something has to give. One of the highest scoring teams last year(i think 1st?).  

Get redden in and dk with jagr.  i love campy, i believe on most teams he could be a 3rd line center...im at a lose with these combos and not getting redden in the lineup.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Play skill with skill.   if the khl line was tearing the league up id leave it be.  They havent.  Get jagr and dk together.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Honestly yes, I think bartowski is adjusting well, a few more games will tell. Ferrence seems to be giving away the puck alot and getting over powered  alot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

+2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I would also play Bartkowski over Ference.

He hasn't been playing that well so far, but NHL seasoning will take him a long way.  Get him enough games and he might be suitable when you need him in the playoffs otherwise you can't have him play postseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It would be Kelly in Bergeron's spot if he were 100% and not coming back from a broken leg.  So JW is probably right - it's the most professional guy who can get the other two the puck and not give CJ heartburn.

Seguin sounds like he knows why he didn't stick at C.

I have no idea on why not Redden other than that they may want to give Bartkowski one more shot to get the taste of that Scab game out of his mouth.

But I keep saying the biggest reason Julien hasn't changed the top line is that it is the only line not currently disrupted by injury.  The only line that showed much chemistry last game was the Krejci line - I thought Lucic set up the tying goal at least twice and both times either Horton didn't bear down enough or didn't shoot.  Jagr and Krecji might be fun, but it's not a certainty they'd be more producting than the currrent group.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Its like cj said "screw it" and drew names from a hat.  

Jagr made giroux and hartnell better players.  Can he not provide the same with seguin and marchand?   Would he and dk not feed off each other.  Why is bart anchoring top 4 minutes.  Im lost about these moves.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

It would be Kelly in Bergeron's spot if he were 100% and not coming back from a broken leg.  So JW is probably right - it's the most professional guy who can get the other two the puck and not give CJ heartburn.

Seguin sounds like he knows why he didn't stick at C.

I have no idea on why not Redden other than that they may want to give Bartkowski one more shot to get the taste of that Scab game out of his mouth.

But I keep saying the biggest reason Julien hasn't changed the top line is that it is the only line not currently disrupted by injury.  The only line that showed much chemistry last game was the Krejci line - I thought Lucic set up the tying goal at least twice and both times either Horton didn't bear down enough or didn't shoot.  Jagr and Krecji might be fun, but it's not a certainty they'd be more producting than the currrent group.

It might not be better.  But it cant be worse.  We arent scoring.   If he wants to keep that line together then keep the 4th line together.  And then mix and match the 2-3 lines.  but campy with jagr reminds me of beagle with ovie.  I read seguins comments as well and believe some of it is correct.  But a sample size really isnt a good indicator.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Its like cj said "screw it" and drew names from a hat.  

Jagr made giroux and hartnell better players.  Can he not provide the same with seguin and marchand?   Would he and dk not feed off each other.  Why is bart anchoring top 4 minutes.  Im lost about these moves.  

Shupe - Drawing names from a hat, good one. And maybe not that far fetched. How else could CJ explain his choices?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Im baffled at the new line combos and the exclusion of Redden.  i love campy but why not just move him up one spot?  

Im sorry if there is a thread somewhere but is it so hard to put jagr with dk.  They are both gifted offensively.  Its like watching ovie with beagle and the other plug they had him with. 

My new lines and rationale:

dk/jagr/dog-  dk and jagr have played together and can create.  Dog is high energy with some skill and would go through walls to play with those two.  He was very well liked in ottawa.  

seguin/lucic/horton- im keeping seguin at center until bergie comes back.  

Kelly/peverly/marchand- speed plus marchand is our best fwd and can play with anyone.  

Campy/paille/ST(ugh)- use them sparingly.  Paille Campy main pk guys so they will see the ice

Def:

chara/redden- get them together. for christ sakes play redden over bart.  

Seidz/hamilton-  i think hamilton plays better with seidz. Just my opinion though. 

Ference/boychuk- ference has to be much better

i know im no coach but getting dk with jagr is my main beef and getting redden in over bart also.  A game against a struggling carolina team is a perfect chance to get redden in.  

I hate the new line combos.  

i was gonna ask a similar question, Looch, Krecji & Jagr sounds like a good combo to me and why not put Redden in the lineup tonite?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

and Campbell centering the 2nd line is ridiculous, Caron in and Pandolfo out doesnt make any sense either. for all the crap Pandolfo gets on here he is what he has always been a good 4th line player/penalty killer...he wasnt brought in to score goals

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Bartkowski has been doing well. Maybe not top 4 d well, but good enough to stay.

Wasn't Redden trade having something to do with his 1st game played? Certain that if he plays 1 game in the playoffs he gets more money/St. Louis get better pick? Along that line?

What needs work is the PP. Always disliked mixing the lines up. That's messing with the Chemistry, imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to LordByron77's comment:

Bartkowski has been doing well. Maybe not top 4 d well, but good enough to stay.

Did you see the Montreal game?  The fact that he put the first goal in for the Habs notwithstanding, it was his grandma pass up the boards that created that turnover the start the play.

He suuuuuuuucks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I want to see Redden get a shot, I think once he gets into the line up he isnt coming out. Bartkowski looked real nervous the other night, if he's like that for a game in Montreal, he might be the same in a playoff game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

New lines looked pretty good tonight. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Nolakanookie's comment:

New lines looked pretty good tonight. 

I thought so too. Well balanced actually.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I thought so too. Well balanced actually.

I like your new avatar. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Dez's new avatar is somehow very unDez

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I want to see Redden get a shot, I think once he gets into the line up he isnt coming out. Bartkowski looked real nervous the other night, if he's like that for a game in Montreal, he might be the same in a playoff game.

Kelv, I think your wanting to see the Redden from Ottawa days.. The guy has been out of the league for over three years.  I don't think he has anything left , And St .Louis found that out fast...when you can't beat out Kris Russell .. I think that pretty much says it right there...

Frankly, I don't know why PC picked him up.  This league has changed a lot in three+ years... And it's no fun catching up at his age...

Sections
Shortcuts