New lineups today after Ducks loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss

In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss:
    [QUOTE]oh, and also, take a look at how this team does without krejci, you've had plenty of samples of that...how do you like the team when he is out?
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

i agree.  when we lost krejci it felt like something was missing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

They'll be put to the test soon enough..........against the Thrashers. No doubt it will take a game or two for these guys to gel, but I like the lineups as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dv8Maker. Show dv8Maker's posts

I know people are complaining about Savard, but frankly, hes the only forward on this team who can still reach superstar potential.  Yeah he's not 28 any more, and coming back from an injury, but I think giving him a chance on the top line is the best move.  You keep pairing him with crap on the 3rd line and what do you really expect.  He needs time to rebuild the chemistry that has been lost, but he's still the best forward we've got.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]oh, and also, take a look at how this team does without krejci, you've had plenty of samples of that...how do you like the team when he is out?
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Listen PB , I just happen to think he is not a 1st line centre.. never has been , never will be.. Savard is the #1 centre on this team... Is Savard  playing like it, no , but I will cut him some slack a little while longer.. These games have basically been his training camp ...BTW when Krejci  was out for the 6 games with his concussion the Bruins were 4-2..That's the most games he has missed at one time so if you consider that plenty of samples so be it..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingnut11. Show Wingnut11's posts

[QUOTE]I know people are complaining about Savard, but frankly, hes the only forward on this team who can still reach superstar potential.  Yeah he's not 28 any more, and coming back from an injury, but I think giving him a chance on the top line is the best move.  You keep pairing him with crap on the 3rd line and what do you really expect.  He needs time to rebuild the chemistry that has been lost, but he's still the best forward we've got.
    Posted by dv8Maker[/QUOTE]

Just my opinion....I wouldn't mind seeing a similar lineup as what they put out there today, but I'd love to know what a Seguin-Savard-Lucic line would look like.
    It worked with them and Kessel (the speed dynamic, don't get started), why Seguin?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss:[QUOTE]oh, and also, take a look at how this team does without krejci, you've had plenty of samples of that...how do you like the team when he is out? Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Oh well then David will have no problem making Wheeler and Ryder look good again. Julien has to change it up a little PB something had to change.

PS. Oh by the way the last time Savard had charge of the 1st line and Krejci the 2nd line the Bruins finished the season 2nd most goals scored in the league Money mouth

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I'm hoping these new combinations do the trick for the Bruins but I've always found the traditional notion of shaking up lines in order to produce any of a number of results a curious one. 

Julien is trying to get the club going, meaning more energy, effort, enthusiasm and determination in order to neutralize the doldrums that currently seem to be gripping the club.  No doubt, some players work better with others but shouldn't the idea of energy, effort, enthusiasm and determination come from within the players regardless of who they are teamed with? 

The Ducks out-everythinged the Bruins last night as a result of having more desire not talent.  I guess its a testament to the team that they've played some dreadful hockey yet sit at a pretty good 17-11-4.  Here's hoping this juggling of lines kick starts the B's to a more consistently aggressive, gritty, engaged on-ice presence and less of the Soviet Red Army-styled, passion-less shinny. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sav has been waiting whole time in B to have an actual top line. Finally a Horton to play with instead of an Axel and players that are on rise and not rookies any longer.  Should be ebtter.

Seg with Berg, if he can get the chances or breakaways that Pail had last year, things should open up.

Reunite of KRW line hopefully has a few eating crow and they have spark of 2 years ago, not this or last year.

4th line without March is what it is and hopefully Cj plays them less than the last game which is about right for a 4th line of 7-8 mins, less if no fighting for Thorn.

The D has bad moments but there is not 2-3 brain faarrts every period like last and other years by u no who.

Rask will likely get start, but either way he or TT will keep the goals down we just have to score.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheShepherd. Show TheShepherd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss : Oh well then David will have no problem making Wheeler and Ryder look good again. Julien has to change it up a little PB something had to change. PS. Oh by the way the last time Savard had charge of the 1st line and Krejci the 2nd line the Bruins finished the season 2nd most goals scored in the league
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Lots of things have changed since then.

Its hard to argue hes the same 70+ point man he was back then. And i think its gonna be a while before hes back to his normal self. Im not saying he wont, or cant be... He just isnt there, Yet.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think these could be called the "the lines we thought we'd start the season with" lines.

There is one curious aspect, though.  Who will Julien use as a match-up line?  Not Savard's.  A line with Seguin and Recchi?  I don't know about that.  A line with Ryder?  I hope not.

So either he goes with Bergeron and hopes Seguin will be responsible enough, doesn't use a set of forwards as defense (and only matches D), or (ugh) a line with Thornton on it will be the go-to defensive line.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He' used the 4th line as a matchup line after the first shift more often than not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I personally like these new lines and agree that they are the lines we thought we'd see at the start of the season with a healthy Savard.  I would strongly consider putting Marchand up with Bergeron.  I think a line of Marchand-Berg-Seguin would be fun to watch.

Recchi, while his veteran presence has surely helped younger players, is a liability to the Bruins moving north-south.  Watch for it.  Rex has been caught flat-footed and making mindless blind passes that often go to the other team.

I saw people were asking, "What is the checking line to shut down opponents top forwards?"  Maybe that's the wrong question.  Maybe if the Bruins actually have 3 effective lines that can move the puck up ice quickly, I think it can be just as effective.  CJ's system will take care of the back end.  My 2 cents...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]I personally like these new lines and agree that they are the lines we thought we'd see at the start of the season with a healthy Savard.  I would strongly consider putting Marchand up with Bergeron.  I think a line of Marchand-Berg-Seguin would be fun to watch. Recchi, while his veteran presence has surely helped younger players, is a liability to the Bruins moving north-south.  Watch for it.  Rex has been caught flat-footed and making mindless blind passes that often go to the other team. I saw people were asking, "What is the checking line to shut down opponents top forwards?"  Maybe that's the wrong question.  Maybe if the Bruins actually have 3 effective lines that can move the puck up ice quickly, I think it can be just as effective.  CJ's system will take care of the back end.  My 2 cents...
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]

I admit, I was being a bit Socratic.  That was sort of the implication I was trying to get at with my question.  Having three lines that, on paper at least, look like their main objective is to score (they will still play 2-way, but none appear to be "shut-down only" lines) is an interesting departure from the norm for Julien, isn't it?

I guess we will see what happens if the 4th line really is used as a match-up line.  It's not that they are bad defensively, but I don't think they are good enough to do more than slow down most of the 1st lines in the league.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dv8Maker. Show dv8Maker's posts

I'd also add that I still fail to see why Ryder and Wheeler are still on this team.  Wheeler may be Cam's pet project but the two of them are horrible as Bruins.  Though moving Sturm was an understandable move due to his injury history and UFA status at the end of the season I still would have preferred keeping him and moving those two disappointments.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss : Lots of things have changed since then. Its hard to argue hes the same 70+ point man he was back then. And i think its gonna be a while before hes back to his normal self. Im not saying he wont, or cant be... He just isnt there, Yet. Posted by TheShepherd[/QUOTE]

We all know Krejci will be around all long time in this league but the hip surgery, dislocated wrist then a head first slide into another takes it's toll even on a young guy.

Bottom line is David was getting 1st line minutes and he was not getting it done. Rather than watch Ryder and Wheeler flub his great feeds I really hope Krejci shoots more. Like Savard David needs to SHOOT more!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

After a slow start we totally dominated Atlanta. All four lines were effective and had multiple scoring chances. There is no way especially the new Savard line won't score goals sooner or later.

Like i said Ryder fits so well playing on the third line and did alot more today than just try to launch the puck every chance he got.

Still not a fan of the Defensemans projecting big slappers giving a chance for the defense to block it. Seidenberg and Kampfer are pretty much the only two that try to shoot it to the net quickly. 

Overall if we play the way we did tonight mixing great defense and capable 3 line offense (4 tonight) , we could be good

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New lineups today after Ducks loss : ummm yes he was getting it done.Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

One shot in 19 minutes holla at yer boy to get it going he's on my fantasy team. on pace for 13 goals 56 points isn't the David I've come to know and expect something smells in suburbia...

Sections
Shortcuts