NEW mock drafts at NHL.com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com:
    In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com : No way I support moving up to #1. We have enough playmaking (secondary in goal scoring) Centres on this team. Posted by Hockguy0818

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/06/08/sp-nhl-oilers-tambellini.html

I agree I don't think PC would give up what Tambellini would want but I do think Steve does everything to try n move down like last year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com : Bim, Could you elaborate a little more as Edmonton has taken nothing but wingers and centers since 2004. Other than Peckham and Whitney who do the Oilers really have on the blueline that they could pass up on a blue chipper ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I said maybe.  But, Eberle is no 1st overall.  And, Hall still needs an elite centermen to feed him the puck.  So, maybe Tambi likes the size, grit and character of Huberdeau over Nugent-Hopkins.  I know I do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Another mock draft with the B's selecting Murphy.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/feed/2011-06/2011-nhl-draft/story/nhl-mock-draft-nugent-hopkins-then-who

Hamilton goes #4
    Beaulieu goes #5

Zibanejad is slider going #13.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com : I said maybe.  But, Eberle is no 1st overall.  And, Hall still needs an elite centermen to feed him the puck.  So, maybe Tambi likes the size, grit and character of Huberdeau over Nugent-Hopkins.  I know I do.
    Posted by bim09

Fair enough maybe he use the extra 4Mil announced today to bring in a center then go after a Dman in the draft. Steve would still need someone to fill the gap while Huberdeau develops.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good stuff here from Kirk Luedeke upadated today.

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/

- Oilers/Panthers trade speculation
    - Zibanejad stock rising
    - Jeff Carter to Columbus for #8 pick trade rumor
    - Nathan Beaulieu in town for a visit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a88ddba39-f2ef-4d96-9c1f-c7f864430591&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:88ddba39-f2ef-4d96-9c1f-c7f864430591Post:7f11dbe8-deac-446d-a7af-daa5e0e2ab9a">Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com:
    Good stuff here from Kirk Luedeke upadated today. http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/ - Oilers/Panthers trade speculation - Zibanejad stock rising - Jeff Carter to Columbus for #8 pick trade rumor - Nathan Beaulieu in town for a visit
    Posted by Crowls2424

Nice!  If Zibanejad has moved into the top eight, then let us take a peek:

Likely top eight choices:

Forwards:

RNH
    Landeskog
    Huberneau
    Couturier
    Zibanejad

Defencemen:

Larsson
    Hamilton

That leaves two of the following guys: Strome, Ryan Murphy, Beaulieu. 

With Sven Bartschi, Duncan Siemens, Joel Armia and Jamieson Oleksiak as outside possibilities.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. thank you Kessel. clap. clap. clap clap clap. Posted by BadHabitude

You miss the record tracker don't you ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

McKenzie's Final Rankings:
    http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=44969

Says there is a "consensus 9" that includes Zibanejad and not Beaulieu (#11).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

"Weaknesses - Minor concern with his quickness, didn't show natural finish at times, fumbled several scoring opportunities during the U-18's."

The Bruins don't need another one of these type of players.  Pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

bim,

I am not advocating Zibanejad, just making the point that McKenzie says there is a consensus on the top-9, and he is included.  If the 9th pick comes up and he is on the board, if the B's agree with you, maybe they trade back?

I have only seen a couple of youtube clips of him, of course, he looks great in those clips.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

bim, I am not advocating Zibanejad, just making the point that McKenzie says there is a consensus on the top-9, and he is included.  If the 9th pick comes up and he is on the board, if the B's agree with you, maybe they trade back?   I have only seen a couple of youtube clips of him, of course, he looks great in those clips.
    Posted by Crowls2424

I'd take Beaulieu over Zib. I've watched clips of him whether on youtube or what have you of him, and he hasn't really wowed me...you know, that element of his game that really sticks out above almost everyone else.

All be it, they're clips and not the full game, but has anyone personally seen him play? If so, what are your thoughts?

I gotta say this, when Bob said it was basically a "nine player draft," I immediately thought that Beaulieu would be apart of it and Siemens and Zib would not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

bim, I am not advocating Zibanejad, just making the point that McKenzie says there is a consensus on the top-9, and he is included.  If the 9th pick comes up and he is on the board, if the B's agree with you, maybe they trade back?   I have only seen a couple of youtube clips of him, of course, he looks great in those clips.
    Posted by Crowls2424

Yup that's what Bob Mckenzie said last night having him at 9th and Brodin another D in 10th although if Beaulieu or Brodin available I can see the Bruins taking Beaulieu.
    Zibanejad is a center and Bruins don't need to risk that pick on something they don't need.
    Don't forget teams like Winnipeg or Florida might want the 9th pick and they each have a heavy duty defensemen that could come available. Both un-signed for 2011/12.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com : Yup that's what Bob Mckenzie said last night having him at 9th and Brodin another D in 10th although if Beaulieu or Brodin available I can see the Bruins taking Beaulieu. Zibanejad is a center and Bruins don't need to risk that pick on something they don't need. Don't forget teams like Winnipeg or Florida might want the 9th pick and they each have a heavy duty defensemen that could come available. Both un-signed for 2011/12.
    Posted by BsLegion

Interesting that the B's have made recent deals with a few of the clubs picking ahead of them:
    2. Colorado (Hunwick/Cohen)
    3. Florida (Horton/Campbell/Wideman/Pick)
    6. Ottawa (Kelly/Pick)
    7. Winnipeg (Peverly/Wheeler/Stuart)

I know there is new management in Winnipeg, but I wonder if PC would be willing to trade up to get a player he covets, maybe; Landeskog or Larsson?  A team willing to make that deal remains in the top 9 and also acquires additional picks/players. What would it take to move from #9 to #3 for example?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think in Hockey more then in any sport other then Baseball, you take the best player available.  My top 9 includes D and F's I do not avoid my highest rated guy if he happens to be a center.  Our strength at center is not permanent, and there is no rule against moving a guy off of his natural position. We even did moved a guy that was drafted second overall.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Zibanejad who doesn't seem to possess much offensive upside and has been compared to Bobby Holik"

he's that ugly?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

I don't know why he would, he needs a centermen.  Maybe he wants a defenseman. I have a hunch 2 or 3 of the defensemen will be gone before 9th and the Bruins will end up with either Strome, Landeskog or Couturier.
    Posted by bim09

I vote for Strome.

:-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com : I know there is new management in Winnipeg, but I wonder if PC would be willing to trade up to get a player he covets, maybe; Landeskog or Larsson?  Posted by Crowls2424

I would stay away from Larsson he has already proclaimed he is staying in Sweden for two more years don't need another Soderberg situation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Updated Mock @ mynhldraft.com

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Bruins take Murphy @ #9
    Stefan Noesen @ #40

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a88ddba39-f2ef-4d96-9c1f-c7f864430591&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:88ddba39-f2ef-4d96-9c1f-c7f864430591Post:0a886ff2-2f4c-49e5-815d-849ec29723aa">Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com:
    Updated Mock @ mynhldraft.com http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/ Bruins take Murphy @ #9 Stefan Noesen @ #40
    Posted by Crowls2424

I think that we end up with Murphy and why not?  We need a young blueliner who can move puck and quarterback the power play; this guy seems to have a fantastic 'upside'.  If he is not the most physical guy and turns out to be too soft, well I think that he was still worth the risk.

I would also be happy with one of the top guys slipping.  I am almost as excited about this draft (with the uncertainty) as I was last year (when there really was none).  I will be glued to the TV on Friday at 7:00 PM.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

THN Mock Draft
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/40928-THNs-2011-NHL-Mock-Draft.html

Bruins Take Murphy @ #9, interestingly enough, it also has Larsson going #1 with RNH going #3.  Also has Bartschi going #8.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com : Bim, Could you elaborate a little more as Edmonton has taken nothing but wingers and centers since 2004. Other than Peckham and Whitney who do the Oilers really have on the blueline that they could pass up on a blue chipper ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

They don't have a number one center, and they can see that their team's future will be based on their premier wingers, Hall, Eberle, Paaajarvi. Not having a number one center for their Hall to play with would just be irresponsible. (i forget the name of their 1st round center they drafted, but he isn't a #1 --Brule?)

As the Bruins have clearly shown, you can find good defense via free-agency.

I mean, Its obvious the Oilers have multiple flaws, I just don't think they will gamble and potentially stunt the potential of their blue-chippers.

Thinking about Back to Back #1 overall center/wing combinations, I started thinking about how many Stanley Cup's the Penguins woulda won if they maintained the #1 pick in the Ovechkin draft. Can you Imagine Crosby and Ovechkin on the Same line? That would be absolutely silly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

TSN Mock Draft tonight, with Pierre and Craig Button making all of the picks.  Pierre selects Jonas Brodin for the B's @ #9 (#10 on McKenzie's Final Rankings).
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=45548

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

TSN Mock Draft tonight, with Pierre and Craig Button making all of the picks.  Pierre selects Jonas Brodin for the B's @ #9 (#10 on McKenzie's Final Rankings). http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=45548
    Posted by Crowls2424

LOL@ Oilers taking Laarson. Not gonna happen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: NEW mock drafts at NHL.com :  As the Bruins have clearly shown, you can find good defense via free-agency. Posted by Olsonicator

Yes Boychuk, McQuaid good and serviceable NHL defenseman possibly one day for Kampfer and Bartkowski maybe even Cody Wild all through trade. Chiarelli's Blueline free agency signings Derek Morris FAIL, Chara in 2006 PCs only WIN! For Tambellini Souray (I know he didn't sign him) FAIL!

But the skill levels of Hamilton or Larsson to have rights to for 5 years ? No uh huh I think Tambellini will find that center in free agency or via trade after he dumps Souray which might mean he would be willing to wait another year. Tambellini has said many times he has a 5 year plan. I still think Steve might trade down even then I think he takes a defenseman.

Sections
Shortcuts