New Respect for Crosby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

New Respect for Crosby

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=441901

Thought this was quite admirable of Sidney. Can't stand the guy, but I gotta give him credit for this. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Re: New Respect for Crosby

Seems like an empty gesture.  Purely for publicity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thought this was quite admirable of Sidney. Can't stand the guy, but I gotta give him credit for this. 

[/QUOTE]

I think you could have gone with either guy.  sid is obvious pick.  half the team are captains or have A's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Barf, Crosby is what he is, a great player who enjoys grilling his steak with plenty of whine.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't care about the whining, alot of players do it, he's the best so him doing it gets magnified.

I don't know why he would feel he has to okay it with Toews though. He's been around longer. I would have been shocked if anyone else was named captain, even Toews.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The sniveling little wretch was in fear thar Toews might get mad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't care about the whining, alot of players do it, he's the best so him doing it gets magnified.

I don't know why he would feel he has to okay it with Toews though. He's been around longer. I would have been shocked if anyone else was named captain, even Toews.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree.  Crosby's rationale is championships.  The fact crosby does this doesnt change the mind of those who hate him.  For me i really like him.  He whines a lot but hes the supreme player in the world and anything he says is magnified.  When he said he hated the flyers i loved it.  He didnt like anyone on that team.  I want my captain disliking the league, especially a rival like that.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I agree with those who feel it's a PR stunt by a very talented Dutchbag who is trying to be likeable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I can only imagine how much he would've whined had Toews been named Capt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The only time Crosby really bothered me was in Game 1 of the Pittsburgh playoff series last year.  That was about as bad as it gets.  Literally screaming at the refs throughout the game, trash talking Chara, skating out to bump Rask during a timeout and then acting totally indignant when Chara told him to knock it off.  Threw an ugly, uncalled elbow in the final minute and then, at the final whistle, he followed the refs off the ice screaming at them some more.  It was pathetic.  Especially for a Captain.

But the other 95% of the time I watch him, I notice what an amazing player he is and enjoy his skill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I only dislike him because he's such a threat to the team I passionately root for. Most of the superstars over time will at some point be accused of being a crybaby by opposing fans. Yes -- Sid has his moments but he's a tough kid with skills that I would take on my team any day. He's a constant target out there and gets shaddowed by the leagues best defensive players and all you have to do is look at his always impressive stats. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

He may be the best in the world, but skill set and aside from this rare moment of class, I wouldn't want him as the captain of my team.

He doesn't work refs, he berates them with indignance for their "lack of respect" to his majesty. He is another one of the ill cheap-shot you, but whines like a girl when someone knocks the king off his throne. Ill take a Chara and Bergeron every day of the week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

[QUOTE]

I only dislike him because he's such a threat to the team I passionately root for. Most of the superstars over time will at some point be accused of being a crybaby by opposing fans. Yes -- Sid has his moments but he's a tough kid with skills that I would take on my team any day. He's a constant target out there and gets shaddowed by the leagues best defensive players and all you have to do is look at his always impressive stats. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't deny his gifts either zam. But, when I see other Capt's & how they conduct themselves compared to him. I don't see a great Capt, or leader at all. I see a whining, snot nosed punk who has tantrums when things don't go his way. This gesture with Toews is probably the most Captain like thing I ever seen or heard him do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

he's the best player in the world, and there is no one even close to him, everyone should have had respect for him already. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

he's the best player in the world, and there is no one even close to him, everyone should have had respect for him already. 

[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I love it when poeple here in Boston at least make an issue ofr Crosby crying and how it effects the way they look at him. Yet, there they are cheering on David Ortiz, who just may be the biggest whiner and complainer in all of sports.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

BU11SHIT! You don't just get respect! You earn it! I respect his talent, but I don't need to respect him on how he conducts himself on the ice! Nobody close to him? I think there's a lot of players in the league that are! Stamkos is one, Tarves & Toews are 2 more. I have a hellva lot more respect for those guys than I do Crosby! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

BU11SHIT! You don't just get respect! You earn it! I respect his talent, but I don't need to respect him on how he conducts himself on the ice! Nobody close to him? I think there's a lot of players in the league that are! Stamkos is one, Tarves & Toews are 2 more. I have a hellva lot more respect for those guys than I do Crosby! 

[/QUOTE]

Nite I dont think he's saying respect him JUST because he's the best. The work he, with the others you mentioned above put in to hone their craft is unreal. His biggest fault, is he is caught on camera giving it to the refs. Players take liberties with him, extra stick work, finishing their checks, I'll give him this, he didnt back down from Chara.

Go watch the show that aired last night afte the Hawks-Wings game, NHL Revealed, a ref had to pull John Tavares aside to address all the whining and complaining Tavares was doing that game. He's had a great year, now he's going to get a taste of what its like to be the best player on the ice, have a target on his back.

I'm not justifying what Crosby does, but for someone to say they would not take him on their team or as captain becuase the cameras catch him complaining is insane. Tavares,Toews,Malkin,Ovechkin and Stamkos are all awesome players. I do however think they are a notch below Crosby in terms of being the best though. Tavares is on his way to being the closest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't deny his gifts either zam. But, when I see other Capt's & how they conduct themselves compared to him. I don't see a great Capt, or leader at all. I see a whining, snot nosed punk who has tantrums when things don't go his way. This gesture with Toews is probably the most Captain like thing I ever seen or heard him do.

[/QUOTE]

Amen to that as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with those who feel it's a PR stunt by a very talented Dutchbag who is trying to be likeable.

[/QUOTE]

Amen!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's gay.  If it were legit, no one would know about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, lets see if I can do this while using punctuation that isn't an exclamation point. No, nobody is close to him. Tavares might be closest. I'd like to see what he can do on a contending team. Toews, great player, no where near Crosby. Simply put if he hasn't earned your respect yet than you either aren't watching or are biased. He dominates every area of the game, and he does it through hard work. He's bad on face offs, so he works his butt off and becomes one of the better face off guys in the league. His team doesn't have anyone to score goals so he just goes off and puts up a league best 51. The reputation of being a whiner is something left over from the first two years in the league 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I just find it...weird.  And it sounds like Toews does, too.  I heard Toews said something about Babcock letting this little tidbit out just to be polite...and then that sounded weird.

Here's all of the things I don't like about it as a Team Canada fan.  Why is the guy you've picked as Captain looking to another guy for his blessing?  Sounds to me like the guy people look to for approval and leadership is being asked what he thinks....  Why just Toews?  Is it that Crosby thinks Toews thinks he deserves to be Captain and will be upset if he's not?  Or is it the old "I'll accept if that's what the guys want...", in which case, why single out Toews and not ask all of the returnees or even the whole team. Why is this in the public at all?

I don't find it classy, and I'm not sure I see any real PR value to it. It's just an odd thing to say unless he genuinely doubts that he should be the Captain over Toews.  And in that case, is it just his ego that kept him from coming out and saying "I think it should be Toews, Mike.  Ask him."

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only time Crosby really bothered me was in Game 1 of the Pittsburgh playoff series last year.  That was about as bad as it gets.  Literally screaming at the refs throughout the game, trash talking Chara, skating out to bump Rask during a timeout and then acting totally indignant when Chara told him to knock it off.  Threw an ugly, uncalled elbow in the final minute and then, at the final whistle, he followed the refs off the ice screaming at them some more.  It was pathetic.  Especially for a Captain.

But the other 95% of the time I watch him, I notice what an amazing player he is and enjoy his skill.

[/QUOTE]

Uh, hasn't chara just suckered him on his recently broken jaw? All captains whine. They're supposed to. It's hopefully for the next call. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nite I dont think he's saying respect him JUST because he's the best. The work he, with the others you mentioned above put in to hone their craft is unreal. His biggest fault, is he is caught on camera giving it to the refs. Players take liberties with him, extra stick work, finishing their checks, I'll give him this, he didnt back down from Chara.

Go watch the show that aired last night afte the Hawks-Wings game, NHL Revealed, a ref had to pull John Tavares aside to address all the whining and complaining Tavares was doing that game. He's had a great year, now he's going to get a taste of what its like to be the best player on the ice, have a target on his back.

I'm not justifying what Crosby does, but for someone to say they would not take him on their team or as captain becuase the cameras catch him complaining is insane. Tavares,Toews,Malkin,Ovechkin and Stamkos are all awesome players. I do however think they are a notch below Crosby in terms of being the best though. Tavares is on his way to being the closest.

[/QUOTE]
    Whoa! I never ever said this! I hated Lemieux & Gretzky as well, but I never said I wouldn't have them on my team! That's insane to say that. The thing is, I know every player has his say to refs! Lemieux was the biggest cry baby too, but it doesn't mean he wasn't the greatest finesse player I ever saw. I respect him for that, but I never will respect his actions for how he conducted himself. I don't see Tavares doing it on a consistent basis. And Crosby pushing Chara? Pwwttt, dumbest thing I ever saw. What did he do, or show by pushing Chara? Was he going to fight Chara if Chara pushed the issue? No, that's all he was going to do was push him away! Big freakin deal! Any player can push another player, it's whether or not  ift hat's where the stopline is. And that push was Crosby's stop line. Means nothing to me! 

Sections
Shortcuts