New Respect for Crosby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: New Respect for Crosby

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's gay.  If it were legit, no one would know about it.

[/QUOTE]

It came from Babcock & he has no reason to lie about it! Your statement is so gay that if it was walking down the street it'd be considered a gay pride parade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It came from Babcock & he has no reason to lie about it! Your statement is so gay that if it was walking down the street it'd be considered a gay pride parade.

[/QUOTE]

LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crosby has the Michael Jordan get-in-line-behind-me attitude. Not fooling me that King Sid wanted that to get out. Just the other night during the game against the habs, the finally said get away from me. There's lobbying and then there's being a complete B****!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

he's the best player in the world, and there is no one even close to him, everyone should have had respect for him already. 

BU11SHIT! You don't just get respect! You earn it! I respect his talent, but I don't need to respect him on how he conducts himself on the ice! Nobody close to him? I think there's a lot of players in the league that are! Stamkos is one, Tarves & Toews are 2 more. I have a hellva lot more respect for those guys than I do Crosby! 

[/QUOTE]

NOB, a leader comes off the ice as well.  If you knew what he does in this area you may change your mind.  Hes exactly what you want in a captain on the ice as he so badly wants to win, hes a great clubhouse guy and is a pure gentleman off the ice and gives back to his communities like no other player.  Hes very very humble to the point of being shy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Uh, hasn't chara just suckered him on his recently broken jaw? All captains whine. They're supposed to. It's hopefully for the next call. 

[/QUOTE]

Ha, 'suckered', that's hilarious.  Go into the crease after the whistle, bump Chara, get a facewash, and then complain that you were suckered (and actually have people buy it).  It isn't Chara's job to keep track of opposing players injuries and try to protect them.  Watch the tape, it's laughable.

The logic about constant whining being a good captain's tactic to get the next call is equally silly.  The captain's that get the most respect are the ones that pick their spots to complain, so the ref might actually think the complaint has some merit.  Screaming at the refs through an entire game, and continuing after the game gets you nothing, but a bad reputation (as evidenced here).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Uh, hasn't chara just suckered him on his recently broken jaw? All captains whine. They're supposed to. It's hopefully for the next call. 

[/QUOTE]

Ha, 'suckered', that's hilarious.  Go into the crease after the whistle, bump Chara, get a facewash, and then complain that you were suckered (and actually have people buy it).  It isn't Chara's job to keep track of opposing players injuries and try to protect them.  Watch the tape, it's laughable.

The logic about constant whining being a good captain's tactic to get the next call is equally silly.  The captain's that get the most respect are the ones that pick their spots to complain, so the ref might actually think the complaint has some merit.  Screaming at the refs through an entire game, and continuing after the game gets you nothing, but a bad reputation (as evidenced here).

[/QUOTE]

and crosby does pick his spots to complain, problem is there is a camera on him always, so it gets picked up, and because he was an immature 18 when he came into the league and whined a lot then, everyone thinks he is a big baby. everyone that does is uninformed. 

and ya. it wasn't a facewash. it was a punch. i have no problem with it, but you can't blame crosby for being annoyed by that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiPBxWSZg4w

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:[QUOTE]The logic about constant whining being a good captain's tactic to get the next call is equally silly.  The captain's that get the most respect are the ones that pick their spots to complain, so the ref might actually think the complaint has some merit.  [/QUOTE]

and crosby does pick his spots to complain, problem is there is a camera on him always, so it gets picked up, and because he was an immature 18 when he came into the league and whined a lot then, everyone thinks he is a big baby. everyone that does is uninformed.  [/QUOTE]

Sid does not pick his spots, Crosby complains all game long. Everyone knows this except a few. That's why Tuukka's comment after game 1 of the EC Championship was so funny "I guess they expect to be on the powerplay all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

[QUOTE]

he's the best player in the world, and there is no one even close to him, everyone should have had respect for him already. 

BU11SHIT! You don't just get respect! You earn it! I respect his talent, but I don't need to respect him on how he conducts himself on the ice! Nobody close to him? I think there's a lot of players in the league that are! Stamkos is one, Tarves & Toews are 2 more. I have a hellva lot more respect for those guys than I do Crosby! 

[/QUOTE]

Agree or disagree -- If I may throw Mr. Datsyuk's name into the mix with SS and the 2 JT's. Talent and class.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NOB, a leader comes off the ice as well.  If you knew what he does in this area you may change your mind.  Hes exactly what you want in a captain on the ice as he so badly wants to win, hes a great clubhouse guy and is a pure gentleman off the ice and gives back to his communities like no other player.  Hes very very humble to the point of being shy. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm a Maritimer Shupe. I know all about his community stuff. I don't question the kids leadership off the ice. But, he doesn't want to win anymore than Bergeron, or Toews! I have no use for how he behaves on the ice. I'm sure he's a fine gentleman & I'm not questioning his overall personality as a decent human being here. I don't know him in that regard. He's a whiny baby & he's in the perfect organization. He's doing a fine job in following the former superstars footstep when it comes to the whining department. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree or disagree -- If I may throw Mr. Datsyuk's name into the mix with SS and the 2 JT's. Talent and class.

[/QUOTE]

Love this guy, but he's on the decline while the others...Including Crosby are still peaking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Cindy is a punk.  Bottom line.  Can't stand him and never will.

(BTW, I wanted to say he's a p*ke, but evidently that word is banned)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm a Maritimer Shupe. I know all about his community stuff. I don't question the kids leadership off the ice. But, he doesn't want to win anymore than Bergeron, or Toews! I have no use for how he behaves on the ice. I'm sure he's a fine gentleman & I'm not questioning his overall personality as a decent human being here. I don't know him in that regard. He's a whiny baby & he's in the perfect organization. He's doing a fine job in following the former superstars footstep when it comes to the whining department. 

[/QUOTE]

I know you are.  And yes he is more vocal then i would like.  He gets abused by players bc he goes in those dark alleys.  Which i respect.  He doesnt sit on the outside.  He takes it head on and its why he got his head issues.  The guy eats, breaths and sleeps hockey.  He is an unbelievable talent.  I thought gretzky was a whiner but in his era they used to waterski on the stars.  gretzky is my favorite of all time.  

Im not sure sid can keep his yap closed bc hes so emotionally involved.  I dont think that makes him a terrible leader.  Jordan likely the best trash talker ever.  

I love toews as a captain.  If i look around the league there are lots of guys i dont think make great captains(Ovi who i really like is one)  I think sid is a good one despite the yapping.  You never get a night off from him.   I also think he has handled all the attention thrown at him from day one extremely well and comes through in clutch situations.  

Living close to his home town i know the stuff he does with minor hockey and charity work.   i know coworkers-friends who have had the vhance to meet him.   they all rave about how nice and humble he is.  

Leaders arent all the same.  Toews as i mentioned is my kinda leader.   But i understand why sid gets it.  All the weight on his shoulders with this team.  He will answer all the questions anyway.  He proved he comes through like in 2010.  You could easily pick just about anyone on the canadian roster as a captain.  Keith, Toews, Weber, Getz, PK(hehe).  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's a riot.

I'm not suggesting that it didn't happen.  I'm saying the sincerity behind it is very questionable.  PR all the way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's a riot.

I'm not suggesting that it didn't happen.  I'm saying the sincerity behind it is very questionable.  PR all the way.

[/QUOTE]

Oh OK, buddy! I can see that as being a possibility, but I give the kid props anyway. He didn't have to agree  to do it if that's the case. I think he actually showed some humility here & I like that. There's not too many athletes out there who would, but if there is a sport for athletes that shows humility its in hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts