New Troll Refresher

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: New Troll Refresher

In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : See, this is the entire crux of the matter. I'm a moderator on a very busy automotive site that is owned by a for-profit company.  They have a lot of rules, mostly designed to make the place somewhere where lots of people want to go and will generate lots of clicks. They alllow spirited debate and disagreement, but they do not allow people who are there for no reason other than to cause trouble. For instance, a 49-north who disagrees with people here but generally tries to pretend its a hockey argument would not have a problem. However, someone like null, who has no purpose other than to say the same things over and over and obviously has no function other than to try to upset people, would be banned in no time. In THIS case, its clear the moderation here simply couldnt care less who is here to start trouble. They seem to delete things that might be socially offensive to someone (I guess?) but they aren't interested in making the forum a place where people feel like the idiots are weeded out.  There's nothing in it for them. Thats why the nulls and the tuukkafalls and the bellhorns just have to go on "ignore."  We are responsible for exposing ourselves to our own level or annoyance.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Doesn't BDC actually make money off of us though? They can show people who want to pay for advertising how many hits the web site gets, can't they? It's like ratings for a television program isnt it? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm essentially asking if what I'm saying is true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : Doesn't BDC actually make money off of us though? They can show people who want to pay for advertising how many hits the web site gets, can't they? It's like ratings for a television program isnt it? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm essentially asking if what I'm saying is true.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

My guess is, in the other site I was talking about, the entire site is simply a forum of discussion threads about certain cars. So, the assumption is that everyone is there to discuss cars and the rules and moderation reflect that. Rules for those forums represent 100% of what goes on there.

In this case, the "site" is Boston.com which is basically the free online version of the Boston Globe (they have a pay version as well) and these fan forums are a very small part of it.

Its my opinion, of course, but Im guessing what goes on in the fan forums just represents a very small % of the overall potential revenue Boston.com generates. Moderation here is likely an afterthought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : Doesn't BDC actually make money off of us though? They can show people who want to pay for advertising how many hits the web site gets, can't they? It's like ratings for a television program isnt it? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm essentially asking if what I'm saying is true.

It could be that way if there were a lot more people participating.  How many regulars are there here that come almost every day?  30 on a huge stretch?

Thousands makes a difference.  A few hundred clicks means nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : It could be that way if there were a lot more people participating.  How many regulars are there here that come almost every day?  30 on a huge stretch? Thousands makes a difference.  A few hundred clicks means nothing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

yeah your right.

By the way, your sig takes me out of the equation and disgusts me quite frankly. To take my family to a game and sit in the worst seats would be $390.00 just for tickets and what is it $25.00 for parking? So over 400 just to walk in the door. Ouch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : yeah your right. By the way, your sig takes me out of the equation and disgusts me quite frankly. To take my family to a game and sit in the worst seats would be $390.00 just for tickets and what is it $25.00 for parking? So over 400 just to walk in the door. Ouch.

Kel as much as I love hockey(my favorite sport) I'm grateful my son loves baseball. We can go to minor league gm's for next to nothing and have a great time for less than $50. Heck we can go see the Red Sox play in Balt for under a $100 no problem. I know baseball plays far more gm's so it's like comparing apples and oranges. I used to go watch the B's everytime in DC but I finally got tired of the NHL prices.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : yeah your right. By the way, your sig takes me out of the equation and disgusts me quite frankly. To take my family to a game and sit in the worst seats would be $390.00 just for tickets and what is it $25.00 for parking? So over 400 just to walk in the door. Ouch.

$25 if you park at Government Center and walk.  $28 underneath last year, poised to be more this year.

The last time I bought a slew of tickets the day they went on sale was '94-95.  The tickets were $62.50...on the glass.  I was sick paying those prices, but I figured that it was worth it.  When they canceled the first half of the season and all tickets were refunded, I felt like a rich man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : I know what a pink hat is and where it came from and for a die hard/hardcore fan to me thats like calling a black man the N word. I would love to get 5 seats so dez could come too that would be a great night to remember maybe NAS would drive us all to and from the game since he would be drinking cranbury juice while we all had beers. Or maybe dez and NAS would both be double fistin cranbury juice?
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

What are you on your period?  The Departed

You don't need pom poms to be a loyal fan.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow.  Seems like an all time low has been hit around here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Wow.  Seems like an all time low has been hit around here.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who thinks Bellhorn_ is making fun of white people? First we have the Joel Ward pics, which I thought was because he scored the OT winner,then the TT pics but now we have dereogatory pics of white people being posted?

I checked some of his posts int he Red Sox forum, I'm starting to get convinced that his pics are meant to offend white people.

Nice, now what would happen if one of us went into the Celtics forum and posted derogatory pics of African-American people, pics that had nothing to do with basketball?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : Sure is!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And you don't miss a thing.  Right now I would bet anything that null is claiming that the Olympics are rigged and his mommy and daddy who work are bdc are putting in overtime making sure his posts don't get deleted when he breaks the rules.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Why are you guys giving it attention? There's this little button that allows you to ignore poster. Oh wait, they took that away as well with the site downgrade. But really - resist the urge to respond to it, it feeds off your negativity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow.  I think the biggest troll on the planet has finally been banned.
    Or is this a new feature of ignore?
    Either way, it's all good.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Better be an IP ban or he will be back in 10 minutes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Finally!
    Long overdue.
    He's gone.

For anyone who didn't already know, it was actually a guy named Brian Tuohy trying to do some guerilla marketing for his book and website.

The guy is totally pathetic, he logged into the review sites as different users giving rave reviews to his book.

And just like this website, no one is buying the theory or the book.  He used to provide a list of his radio appearances, but of course that was fake and they sued him to get it removed from his website and of course he had to remove it.  But that only gave him more time to saturate the only last website in the world that hadn't banned him yet.

The guy even got kicked out of bleacher report - imagine how bad you have to be!

So we can now finally say good riddance to Brian Tuohy who will have to find a real job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Finally!
    Long overdue.
    He's gone.

For anyone who didn't already know, it was actually a guy named Brian Tuohy trying to do some guerilla marketing for his book and website.

The guy is totally pathetic, he logged into the review sites as different users giving rave reviews to his book.

And just like this website, no one is buying the theory or the book.  He used to provide a list of his radio appearances, but of course that was fake and they sued him to get it removed from his website and of course he had to remove it.  But that only gave him more time to saturate the only last website in the world that hadn't banned him yet.

The guy even got kicked out of bleacher report - imagine how bad you have to be!

So we can now finally say good riddance to Brian Tuohy who will have to find a real job.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced it's him. It may be, but I think he was a psycho Nuks fan cause all he referenced was the B's Cup win and the Nuks 94 loss to the Rangers.

Either way, it is hilarious that he keeps trying to post. And good riddance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Kels,

Similar writing styles and of course the same message.  And the other thing is I can't find anyone anywhere who agrees with Brian Tuohy.

Especially with this nonsense of "I'm just trying to educate people" and "it's sports entertainment."

However, if it isn't actually Brian Tuohy, it's a Brian Tuohy wannabee.
    And that is beyond pathetic.  Can you imagine someone who wants to dedicate themselves to being just like the biggest loser in the world?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Kels,

Similar writing styles and of course the same message.  And the other thing is I can't find anyone anywhere who agrees with Brian Tuohy.

Especially with this nonsense of "I'm just trying to educate people" and "it's sports entertainment."

However, if it isn't actually Brian Tuohy, it's a Brian Tuohy wannabee.
    And that is beyond pathetic.  Can you imagine someone who wants to dedicate themselves to being just like the biggest loser in the world?

Forgive me for being slow, but are we talking about null or Bellhorn?

Im confused by the loss of the ignore feature.  Is null's stuff showing up under "user_1234" or something like that?  My comments on the Globe article are kicking me out to the home page too, so Im just baffled these days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

null's gone.

Ding-d*ng! the witch is dead!

25. This post has been removed.