New Troll Refresher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Re: New Troll Refresher

If Montreal finishes last in the conference it will be a small victory already this season. Oh where did that Quebec league 1st pick go every year???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Didn't we all vow to ignore the trolls but I see 25 posts to a troll. Come on it does not go away if you keep responding.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Legion cut the crap!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Isn't there any way that BDC can ban these idiots or deny them access or something. They must see what is going on. I know there is the ignore option, but these boards would obviously be better without them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher:
    [QUOTE]Isn't there any way that BDC can ban these idiots or deny them access or something. They must see what is going on. I know there is the ignore option, but these boards would obviously be better without them.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Problem is that one of them has a daddy or mommy that works for BDC and let's them pollute the forum.  I've written to BDC complaining about them, but didn't even get a response.  

Ignore them.  It's the only way to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't there any way that BDC can ban these idiots or deny them access or something. They must see what is going on. I know there is the ignore option, but these boards would obviously be better without them.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

They post stupidity, but that's not against policy.

If it were, Dez would have been banned a loooooooooong time ago!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : They post stupidity, but that's not against policy. If it were, Dez would have been banned a loooooooooong time ago!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I'm actually okay with someone stating the playoffs are rigged 13 months after their team chokes.

But when you come on here and state Brandon Dubinsky will outscore Rick Nash, if that is not the definition of trolling then I dont know what is!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : They post stupidity, but that's not against policy. If it were, Dez would have been banned a loooooooooong time ago!

Stupidity?  Is that what you call it when you inentionally try to offend people?  And that's *all* you ever post.

The policy means nothing, there is a category called "other" what does that mean?

In one of my posts I was making the point that intelligent people do crazy things, like the phd candidate guy who shot people in the Colorado Theater.

That post was deleted.  What policy was broken there?

Obviously someone at BDC found that offensive and was deleted even though it broke no policy I can see.

Say what you will about Dez, he can be abrasive, but he does provide quality posts.

You offend a fair number of people as well you know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : Stupidity?  Is that what you call it when you inentionally try to offend people?  And that's *all* you ever post. The policy means nothing, there is a category called "other" what does that mean? In one of my posts I was making the point that intelligent people do crazy things, like the phd candidate guy who shot people in the Colorado Theater. That post was deleted.  What policy was broken there? Obviously someone at BDC found that offensive and was deleted even though it broke no policy I can see. Say what you will about Dez, he can be abrasive, but he does provide quality posts. You offend a fair number of people as well you know.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Badhab,

I'm 100% positive NAS was kidding when he said that about Dez, as was I.

As for the other wastes of skin, I havent seen a post from them in months, but I can probably tell you word for word what they are saying cause thats all they do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : Badhab, I'm 100% positive NAS was kidding when he said that about Dez, as was I. As for the other wastes of skin, I havent seen a post from them in months, but I can probably tell you word for word what they are saying cause thats all they do.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I understand the kidding, but his point was that sometimes people offend each other while debating, but those debates have socially redeeming value in the context of this forum.

The trolls are offending and contributing nothing of socially redeeming value.

The only reason they can get away with it is because they have a relative who works for BDC.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : I understand the kidding, but his point was that sometimes people offend each other while debating, but those debates have socially redeeming value in the context of this forum. The trolls are offending and contributing nothing of socially redeeming value. The only reason they can get away with it is because they have a relative who works for BDC.

Ahhhh, another Badhab conspiracy theory. Honestly Badhab, you think too much and have many things going on in that noggin of yours.

Take 2 aspirin and forget about the trolls.

P.S. Not meant to be offensive but more of a diagnosis from Dr. Chowda. Just remember the good Dr. suggested you put null ( because of diagnosing you as " losing it " ) on ignore and look at the results in how you feel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : The only reason they can get away with it is because they have a relative who works for BDC.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]"

It's offensive to me that you believe this.  After the dancing tables at the Shrewsbury restaurant, this is your most ridiculous post.

They "get away with it" because the people who work at the newspaper really couldn't care less if some joker from X is posting Y and annoying the people on subject Z.  It's not as if they make any money having us here.

As for your remarks about me:  oh no what will I do.

As for Dez:  He's in my Top 5.

Chowda, thanks for the help there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]                            Legion cut the crap!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : what are you talking about ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : " It's offensive to me that you believe this.  After the dancing tables at the Shrewsbury restaurant, this is your most ridiculous post. They "get away with it" because the people who work at the newspaper really couldn't care less if some joker from X is posting Y and annoying the people on subject Z.  It's not as if they make any money having us here. As for your remarks about me:  oh no what will I do. As for Dez:  He's in my Top 5. Chowda, thanks for the help there.

You are correct.

I'm making a point.

No, I don't believe it and it is ridiculous.

But I'm fee to say it according to the policies.

Now how about if I post that 500+ times?

So I will conclude by saying I have now proven without a doubt that a certain troll has privilege to break BDC policies and why?  Because the fix is in.

p.s.  It wasn't Shrewsbury, and dancing tables have as much to do with hockey as the way a Finnish goaltender appears in your imagination.

Chowda - no aspirin necessary.  I don't read their posts.  I could care less what they say.  If the topic appears I will throw my 2 cents in.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : Why even bother commenting to trolls or makeing posts talking about them? Your only fueling their fire to continue posting here. Thats my first and last post on the trolls. Hope you found it insightful and of some use have a great day.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

You are right.  As soon as I read it I decided never to post on a troll thread again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Say...  where is justinarisoccer or what's his name?  

It's about time that he makes his annual appearance and says everyone who posts here has no life and there's nothing going on in the hockey world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Oops.  I did it again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : You are correct. I'm making a point. No, I don't believe it and it is ridiculous. But I'm fee to say it according to the policies. Now how about if I post that 500+ times? So I will conclude by saying I have now proven without a doubt that a certain troll has privilege to break BDC policies and why?  Because the fix is in. p.s.  It wasn't Shrewsbury, and dancing tables have as much to do with hockey as the way a Finnish goaltender appears in your imagination. Chowda - no aspirin necessary.  I don't read their posts.  I could care less what they say.  If the topic appears I will throw my 2 cents in.

The aspirins weren't for whether you read them or not. They were for your conspiracy theories. 

Now take your aspirin. Doctor's orders.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Ignore is for pooseas... They aren't worth the energy it takes to click the button. Let them display their mental illness and post away - I take comfort in knowing how f'd up they really are

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher : what are you talking about ? Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Please stop bumping troll threads up to the top of the board. I would have thought you had this figured out by now. Sorry but it is annoying, put them on ignore cause your nice guy attitude is not going to convince them stop coming on here and be annoying.

Grazie Paisano!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Troll Refresher :  They "get away with it" because the people who work at the newspaper really couldn't care less if some joker from X is posting Y and annoying the people on subject Z.  It's not as if they make any money having us here.

See, this is the entire crux of the matter.

I'm a moderator on a very busy automotive site that is owned by a for-profit company.  They have a lot of rules, mostly designed to make the place somewhere where lots of people want to go and will generate lots of clicks.

They alllow spirited debate and disagreement, but they do not allow people who are there for no reason other than to cause trouble. For instance, a 49-north who disagrees with people here but generally tries to pretend its a hockey argument would not have a problem. However, someone like null, who has no purpose other than to say the same things over and over and obviously has no function other than to try to upset people, would be banned in no time.

In THIS case, its clear the moderation here simply couldnt care less who is here to start trouble. They seem to delete things that might be socially offensive to someone (I guess?) but they aren't interested in making the forum a place where people feel like the idiots are weeded out.  There's nothing in it for them.

Thats why the nulls and the tuukkafalls and the bellhorns just have to go on "ignore."  We are responsible for exposing ourselves to our own level or annoyance.