New Video: Roberto Luongo CRITICIZES Tim Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

Re: New Video: Roberto Luongo CRITICIZES Tim Thomas

In Response to Re: New Video: Roberto Luongo CRITICIZES Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]Luongo is the most inconsistent Vezina Trophy candidate I've seen in 10 years.  He can beaten and beaten often.  We can win Monday.  I'm glad that greasy sissy said something stupid.  Just what we needed after a listless effort on Friday. Olson - not Molson.  F-ck Molson.  Don't want any part of that rich-kid who owns the Canadiens.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

I agree with your post and where you're coming from. 

The thing that irked me about that comment was this:  When asked about the game winning goal, instead of crediting his teammate, he had to make it all about him.  Like he has some kind of imaginery score to settle with Thomas.  Talk about insecure.  Timmy would've never responded in such a manner.  And for anyone trying to site TT's comments during a loss and tie them into Luongo's classless comments after a victory, is just silly.  Thomas gave truthful, forthright answers as to why they lost - no self indulgent show-boating.

Cunucks have revealed what sore losers they are (do you really need to file a complaint to the NHL about Thomas' 'style' coach?) And what ungracious winners they are.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Video: Roberto Luongo CRITICIZES Tim Thomas : you had a problem with thomas jumping around and pumping his fist after making 40 saves to get the b's back in the series?  what did you expect him to do, lower his head and skate off the ice in shame.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

I had no problem with it as the Bruins won. But with the score 8-1 in the 3rd it wasn't the classiest thing to do. Almost like rubbing it into Vancouvers face. I am sure the Canucks have used that for motivation as well.

I know if the Bruins were getting trounced to another team & the opposing goalie was pumping his fist & jumping around after they added to 6 goal lead they wouldn't like it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Between these and his subsequent, "Thomas hasn't said anything nice about me" comments, this guy comes across as VERY insecure

If Thomas out plays him these next two games, takes his Vezina, Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup, the poor guy may need to be put on suicide watch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

swerengen, two c-suckahs! I was thinking the same thing about Roberta Luongo..insecure guy. He really thinks Thomas doesn't respect him, and I'm pretty sure TT has often gone out of his way to compliment opposing goalies. Luongo deserves to be booed by the Vancouver fans, who themselves didn't deserve to see the guy they booed throw a shutout in Game 5. The fans are classless, the team is classless from Sedin's idiotic comments and cheapshots, to Burrows and LaPierre faking and faking to draw penalties, to the coach's lack of respect for Thomas, to now Luongo and his mouth. I won't ask the hockey gods to help since they allowed for an all-time idiot to score the only goal in Game 5, but I will say that this Canuck team is quite possibly the most classless team to ever compete for a Cup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]swerengen, two c-suckahs! I was thinking the same thing about Roberta Luongo..insecure guy. He really thinks Thomas doesn't respect him, and I'm pretty sure TT has often gone out of his way to compliment opposing goalies. Luongo deserves to be booed by the Vancouver fans, who themselves didn't deserve to see the guy they booed throw a shutout in Game 5. The fans are classless, the team is classless from Sedin's idiotic comments and cheapshots, to Burrows and LaPierre faking and faking to draw penalties, to the coach's lack of respect for Thomas, to now Luongo and his mouth. I won't ask the hockey gods to help since they allowed for an all-time idiot to score the only goal in Game 5, but I will say that this Canuck team is quite possibly the most classless team to ever compete for a Cup.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Spot on, danny.  Now you can see why all this "Bring The Cup Home To Canada" crap from the CBC and Scotia Bank is just that.  I'd imagine when both institutions started this annoying promo they had no idea the team to whom they profess their devotion was so well-stocked with the kind of characters they now perhaps regret having supported.  Looks good on them. 

Outside of British Columbia, there is no more nationalistic connection to these yobs in the rest of Canada than there would be to rooting for the Sabres due to their close proximity to the Canadian border.  I think the Azores is closer to my place than Vancouver is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

First, he's asked about that type of goal and he turns it about himself with "I would make that save easily" and "he makes some saves I dont, but..."

Then he actually says "Ive been pumping his tires, but I havent heard one nice thing he's said about me."

Could he possibly sound any more like a whiny little girl? Could he possibly be any more insecure or fragile?

Ive been harder on Thomas than any other fan in the planet but his performance has forced me to respect him.  But the idea that an NHL goaltender, a fellow Vezina Trophy candidate, is so unprofessional and jealous is mind-boggling to me.  It's a sad state of affairs when a piece of garbage like this is about to win a Cup. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Molehill becomes mountain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In the SCF, here's the only stat that matters:

Luongo: 3 Wins
    Thomas: 2 Wins

Everything else is window dressing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]swerengen, two c-suckahs! I was thinking the same thing about Roberta Luongo..insecure guy. He really thinks Thomas doesn't respect him, and I'm pretty sure TT has often gone out of his way to compliment opposing goalies. Luongo deserves to be booed by the Vancouver fans, who themselves didn't deserve to see the guy they booed throw a shutout in Game 5. The fans are classless, the team is classless from Sedin's idiotic comments and cheapshots, to Burrows and LaPierre faking and faking to draw penalties, to the coach's lack of respect for Thomas, to now Luongo and his mouth. I won't ask the hockey gods to help since they allowed for an all-time idiot to score the only goal in Game 5, but I will say that this Canuck team is quite possibly the most classless team to ever compete for a Cup.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Talk about insecure!! This is the exact reason we troll your site. You`ve got to know how funny this post is. Can`t find this stuff anywhere else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, a goalie has to be somewhat different from most players.  Zany if you will.  Luongo has a different style of play.  He is a competitor who does not want to be compared even after the victory.  It is his personality, confident and fiesty, yes arrogant but it is a tough position to play.  What happened?  He simply did not answer the question correctly, he could have been more diplomatic and left the way the goal was scored as a product of Thomas's style.  Luongo just did not like the question.  So, Tim will look how he answered the question, his reaction outwardly will be "matter of fact".  Inwardly, me thinks Thomas will react by throwing another gem.  Like dbg1 said above, it is the Bs offense that needs a wake up call! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achilles2004. Show Achilles2004's posts

If someone needs to put a spin on a factual comment by Luongo to provide motivation to this team, and winning the Stanley Cup is not motiviation enough, that speaks volmes to the character of this team and this coach. It reeks of desperation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In the SCF, here's the only stat that matters: Luongo: 3 Wins Thomas: 2 Wins Everything else is window dressing.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

the only stat that matters is getting 4 wins.  luongo hasn't done it yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: New Video: Roberto Luongo CRITICIZES Tim Thomas : the only stat that matters is getting 4 wins.  luongo hasn't done it yet.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    GNB, I didn't see 49north posting any similar sentiments when the series was tied 2-2 and Luongo had just given up 12 goals in under 100 minutes played.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!! 2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Roberta should shut her mouth. She isn't even fit to lace Timmy's skates. BTW, totally agree with you djbosox2004. Yet again the Bs let Thomas down in game 5. Couldn't even score a single goal. I really love these guys but that was just brutal.  
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    Not a Nucks fan but let's see. Luongo 1 world championship and a potential Cup in one year. I think he could lace 'em up. Just sayin'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]If someone needs to put a spin on a factual comment by Luongo to provide motivation to this team, and winning the Stanley Cup is not motiviation enough, that speaks volmes to the character of this team and this coach. It reeks of desperation.
    Posted by Achilles2004[/QUOTE]

5 goals and 3 wins means Luongo played well.  Twelve goals in two games does not mean stardom.  So where does Thomas need to be "reeking of desperation"? It is his nature to be competitive within himself, Luongo made a huge "media" gaffe, I defended him.  So please let me know how Thomas is desperate in motivating himself internally as Luongo did in the media conference with his arrogant remark, demeanor included!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]If someone needs to put a spin on a factual comment by Luongo to provide motivation to this team, and winning the Stanley Cup is not motiviation enough, that speaks volmes to the character of this team and this coach. It reeks of desperation.
    Posted by Achilles2004[/QUOTE]

This is the sort of thing someone says when they're afraid a team is going to use something as motivation against their team....and that it's going to work

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Good come back from TT

Tim Thomas: "I didn't realize it was my job to pump (Luongo's) tires. I guess I've done a bad job of that."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Luongo told reporters. "I have been pumping his tires ever since the series started. I haven't heard one nice thing he had to say about me. That's the way it is."

Sniff, Sniff the man needs therapy not teammates...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Does anyone honestly think that ANY of this matters once the puck drops?  Do you think TT is standing there in his crease thinking, "Man, I've got to show up Luongo?"  The ONLY reason that the media obsesses about this stuff is because they know that we fans eat it up.  For the players, there's gametime, and that's it.

These are world-class athletes we're talking about.  Their mindset and game preparation are beyond anything we could possibly imagine.

And, whenever this series ends, I hope that the cameras capture the moment when Lou and TT meet in the handshake lineup.  I'd be willing to bet the house that it's a moment of honest congratulations, respect, and mutual admiration.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Does anyone honestly think that ANY of this matters once the puck drops?  Do you think TT is standing there in his crease thinking, "Man, I've got to show up Luongo?"  The ONLY reason that the media obsesses about this stuff is because they know that we fans eat it up.  For the players, there's gametime, and that's it. These are world-class athletes we're talking about.  Their mindset and game preparation are beyond anything we could possibly imagine. And, whenever this series ends, I hope that the cameras capture the moment when Lou and TT meet in the handshake lineup.  I'd be willing to bet the house that it's a moment of honest congratulations, respect, and mutual admiration.

I agree..I think these players are already motivated, already focused and dont buy onto the media hype machine..TT needs no motivation..6 goals in 5 games, looks like hes already motivated..with that said, I cringed when I heard Luongos answer to that question...Just a bad move..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Roberta should shut her mouth. She isn't even fit to lace Timmy's skates. BTW, totally agree with you djbosox2004. Yet again the Bs let Thomas down in game 5. Couldn't even score a single goal. I really love these guys but that was just brutal.  
    Posted by Hanrahan1[/QUOTE]
    and their coach "Elaine Vigneault" should shut his team up

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Roberta Luongo? Elaine Vigneault? Thelma and Louise?

Should I start referring to Boston players/coaches as Natalie Horton, Patricia Bergeron, Chrissy Kelly, Daniella Paille, Shawna Thornton, Andrea Ference and Claudette Julien?

I won't (aside from this one time to make a point), because it seems like a very school yard and juvenile ploy, not to mention a complete disrespect for women (guys who feel that they are insulting men by calling them women are actually insulting women, particularly since our two countries boast the best female hockey players in the world).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]In the SCF, here's the only stat that matters: Luongo: 3 Wins Thomas: 2 Wins Everything else is window dressing.

Yep, Agreed. Doesn't matter if TT ends up with a GAA below 1.00 and Luongo's is over 3.00. The first goalie to 4 wins has the bragging rights. Individual stats mean nada. Wins are what it's all about. My take on it is Luongo was simply stating that with his style, he likely makes that save. Can't argue that point. Different styles but both have their plusses and minuses. Thomas will make saves Luongo won't and vice-versa. Mountain out of a molehill. 

Bottom line is the B's need to score some goals in Vancouver. I'm looking forward to them doing just that in Game 7!!!  LETS GO BRUINS!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to New Video: Roberto Luongo CRITICIZES Tim Thomas:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-HLk2EPOw4 He made this comment after Game 5.  Wow.  Pretty gutsy.  He just lit a fire under Thomas.  Perfect.
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

Not really all that insulting.  Thomas does venture far out of crease and makes some incredible saves by cutting down the angle.  However, that makes him vulnerable to fluke bounces off the boards like the one that got him in game 5.  I hope he never changes his style.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

========================================================
      Agreed. Luongo 15 goals allowed, Thomas 5. Big whoop. Like you said,it`s a race to 4. End of story.
           As far as the Luongo dissing Thomas?  LMFOA. Luongo was asked a question and he answered it honestly.And he was RIGHT!!!  NO BIG DEAL!!. Big freakin whoop again. Who cares who pumps who`s tires?
      Just the stupid media and stupid fans making a big ado about NOTHING!!!!!!!
      Good grief people get a grip.