News flash from Kathryn Tappan and NHL Tonight panel...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

News flash from Kathryn Tappan and NHL Tonight panel...

Tonight on the NHL Network, Kathryn Tappan (I miss her) posed this to her panel of Kelly Chase, Craig Button and Bill Jaffe on a segment called 'Fact or Fiction':

"The Boston Bruins are as good as they were last year"

Talk about lobbing softballs...all three said "Fiction" and cited the obvious, standard answers.

Chase talked about Thomas/Rask not being as good (duh)...Button agreed and mentioned the WH snub (KT seemed to nod in agreement - too bad she doesn't watch the B's much any longer) and Jaffe mentioned injuries as a big reason, especially Horton. Not much insight from three 'experts'.

My question to them: Why take so long to ask this rhetorical question?

Hopefully, the B's can get some guys healthy soon and get on a roll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: News flash from Kathryn Tappan and NHL Tonight panel...

A woman asks a goon, a failed GM and a color guy for insight.

This is what you get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

She could have posed the question to Chevy Chase, Pinocchio and Al Jaffe and gotten the same replies.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: News flash from Kathryn Tappan and NHL Tonight panel...:
    [QUOTE]She could have posed the question to Chevy Chase, Pinocchio and Al Jaffe and gotten the same replies.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Button does have one huge shnozz alright.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

His head is also made mostly of wood and paste!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]His head is also made mostly of wood and paste!
    Did you read this in "The Enquirer"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

The only kind of flash I want from Kathryn Tappen has nothing to do with news!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I don't know how you can win the Cup one year, lose Ryder, Kaberwhat and 40yr old Rex and not be as good.  Especially, when they're faster and younger.  That just doesn't make sense to me.

- Poiliot and Rolli are much faster than Rex.
    - Dargo, Mott's and Corvo are better than Kabawa.
    - Seguin is looking like the real #1 from 2010 draft.

I just don't see how they're worse than last year, even with the injuries.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]She could have posed the question to Chevy Chase, Pinocchio and Al Jaffe and gotten the same replies.
    But it would have been more entertaining. KT is the best thing about NHL tonight. And Turco wasn't much better as a commentator/analyst than he is as a goalie.Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

What is the relevance of Kathryn being a woman?

[QUOTE]A woman asks a goon, a failed GM and a color guy for insight. This is what you get.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

bump to get rid of troll post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, way to pick the low hanging fruit gang.  I remember last year when the Bruins lost two in a row to Detroit and the same group was crowing that it was clear evidence the Bruins weren't ready to contend with the big boys.

Lost of injuries and steaky play, but you've still got a Vezina goalie, a very good back-up, and Norris level defensmen, three great centers, some young players (Seguin, Marchand, Caron) who are better than they were last year, and a roster full of guys with rings on their fingers.

Get to the playoffs, get healthy, and see what happens...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I don't consider this to be news. When Kathryn gives us all a full color panty shot, call me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, way to pick the low hanging fruit gang.  I remember last year when the Bruins lost two in a row to Detroit and the same group was crowing that it was clear evidence the Bruins weren't ready to contend with the big boys. Lost of injuries and steaky play, but you've still got a Vezina goalie, a very good back-up, and Norris level defensmen, three great centers, some young players (Seguin, Marchand, Caron) who are better than they were last year, and a roster full of guys with rings on their fingers. Get to the playoffs, get healthy, and see what happens...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Well put, what bothers me is how many times they say something then say a different thing 2 or 3 weeks later..Nobody call them out on it either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: News flash from Kathryn Tappan and NHL Tonight panel... : Well put, what bothers me is how many times they say something then say a different thing 2 or 3 weeks later..Nobody call them out on it either.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more........they are worse then some politicians!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Seems like the Champs are on the minds of some sports media people.  Jeremy Roenick was a guest on this afternoon's Primetime Sports on THE FAN 590.  Host Bob McCown asked him if Bruin fans should be worried about the team considering their lengthy stretch of lacklustre form with the playoffs coming. 

Roenick said as a Boston boy he was and is a fan of the club but that he was concerned about Thomas' fatigue as he's played a lot of hockey over the last 2 years, the injured Rask unable to relieve him right now and the loss of Peverley and Horton has upset their lines.   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Did Roenick also mention that they play in Boston, wear Black and Gold, and play in the NHL?

I mean, you don't have to have seen a single game to respond with that K-rap.

As for Thomas being "fatigued" - he's started 49 games now with 10 to play.  Last year, he started 55.  At most, if they give him every game, he'll have started four more games than he did last year when he, oh, I don't know, won the Conn Smythe?  Must have been exhausted!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...also, this game shouldn't count because he's only going to face 6 shots all game...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Did Roenick also mention that they play in Boston, wear Black and Gold, and play in the NHL? I mean, you don't have to have seen a single game to respond with that K-rap. As for Thomas being "fatigued" - he's started 49 games now with 10 to play.  Last year, he started 55.  At most, if they give him every game, he'll have started four more games than he did last year when he, oh, I don't know, won the Conn Smythe?  Must have been exhausted!

I posted this somewhere else but it's fitting here .  Tired of hearing KPD, Haggs , Fluto and other media peeps that Thomas is tired. 
    Last I think they all simultaneously tweeted that maybe Turco should start the 3rd  to give Thomas a rest.  Just dumb! The same as the 3 on the panel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Did Roenick also mention that they play in Boston, wear Black and Gold, and play in the NHL? I mean, you don't have to have seen a single game to respond with that K-rap. As for Thomas being "fatigued" - he's started 49 games now with 10 to play.  Last year, he started 55.  At most, if they give him every game, he'll have started four more games than he did last year when he, oh, I don't know, won the Conn Smythe?  Must have been exhausted!

Nothing insightful.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I thought for sure this was going to be a video clip of KTapp's cones.  Very disappointing.