Next Bruin to have there # retired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Next Bruin to have there # retired

Me thinks if Park and Middleton had played their whole career here they would've gotten their numbers retired. Still hoping Nifty gets his number retired some day.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think Chara & Thomas will only get in if they win another cup, Norris & Vezina. If Timmy does, I think they should put Cheesy's up there as well. I also think that with the exception of Orr. All the jersey's should only be retired for 5-10 yrs at a time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

I love Bergeron as much as anyone....but he's not going to have his number retired.  He's a nice player, but he's not one of the great ones, certainly not a HOF'er.  I think spending your entire career in Boston is irrelevant, they aren't going to retire Axelsson's number right.  Honestly, I don't know if there's anyone on the team who'll have his number retired.   They are pretty strict about who goes up there, and there are a lot of good players on this team but no great ones.  But ask me again in 10 years.  The only one you could make a legit case for would be Thomas, but he needs a couple more vezina's and at least 1 or 2 cups, just not sure he has enough years left in him to accomplish that.  As for Chara, meh...maybe, but I wouldn't put him in the same class with Orr and Bourque would you? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Next Bruin to have there # retired:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next Bruin to have there # retired : Oh Red.  Where on Earth did you hear this? The trophy was donated by former Montreal owners after Vezina's death.  The year was 1926.  Cecil Thompson was stopping pucks in the AHA. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

During a trip to the Hall - there was a mention in a display on Thompson that the league considered renaming the Vezina in Thompson's honour after his HHOF induction, but the diea was voted down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i don't see why timmah and cheevers can't share #30. 

how about a bruin who won three cups?  steal RECCHIN BALL before the penguins get him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Sorry none right now.
    That should be only for very special players with multiple cups or achievements.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from big_bad_bruins. Show big_bad_bruins's posts

bergeron hands down be a life long bruin, battle through a lot, great in the city everyone loves him, great leader... 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Too early with this current team ! Cashman, Park and Cheevers might but that would be a stretch !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

BadHab has the best idea, don't retire the numbers.  Honor the numbers in the rafters, and let the players use them again.  Espo and Bourque?  #7 Raymond Bourque to this fan.  It was one the grandest gestures in sports when Bourque gave his number to Espo, but.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

In Response to Re: Next Bruin to have there # retired:
    [QUOTE]Can I just say I hate having numbers retired? I don't like racecar numbers in hockey.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    agree with you. But nobody can wear Number 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Bergeron! The kid has done it all and is still young. He is the pefect player and teamate.

Sections
Shortcuts