Next Up -- The Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Next Up -- The Draft

Conversations getting pretty stale these days, so how about some draft talk?  Any insights out there to get things started?  If I hear "team speed" again, I may throw up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Next Up -- The Draft

Some mock drafts to peruse. One of the mock ups have them drafting Boychuk's nephew, John Quennville (2nd cousin of Joel).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712649" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712649

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Another link relating to current Bruins prospects.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/107951/spooner-miller-lead-boston-bruins-prospect-awards/#more-107951" rel="nofollow">http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/107951/spooner-miller-lead-boston-bruins-prospect-awards/#more-107951

-Gerry Dee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Links keep disappearing. This site is awful now.

-Gerry Dee

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Not excited at all ... why should I be I Don't know what kind of gm stanley would be but he wouldn't draft any worse.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Btw.. soon after these playoffs here comes those boring threads bound by casual talk with most creative animation directed by Snoop dog and company

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Not excited at all ... why should I be I Don't know what kind of gm stanley would be but he wouldn't draft any worse.  

Bery simple ...PC needs to make a trade to improve our draft ranked with so may D's we should offer Bart + our draft pick to Edmonton for their draft pick ..if they want more we can include Caron in the package ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Bery simple ...PC needs to make a trade to improve our draft ranked with so may D's we should offer Bart + our draft pick to Edmonton for their draft pick ..if they want more we can include Caron in the package ...

Stanley think playoffs Don't even think of the draft. The only good

Pick chia made so far is ham and That's a high pick 9 th overall.

Ham looked the bestthis year hopefully it continues

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I shouldnt talk about that but there is a chance tha Cam Neely invites me at the BRUINS table for the draft....but PC really needs to make a trade to climb within the top 10 picks .....we have a lot to offer ......I would love to see a top 10 pick ...ST, Caron and Campbell go ......Spooner, Kokho and Griffith with the B's and another trade (wont mention names at this stage) .....

Bruins would be so much faster and talented 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think PC goes right-handed shot. It would be sweet if Alex Tuch or Josh HoSang dropped down to #25.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I shouldnt talk about that but there is a chance tha Cam Neely invites me at the BRUINS table for the draft....but PC really needs to make a trade to climb within the top 10 picks .....we have a lot to offer ......I would love to see a top 10 pick ...ST, Caron and Campbell go ......Spooner, Kokho and Griffith with the B's and another trade (wont mention names at this stage) .....

Stanley pls don't get upset but I will bet my house my wife and my 4 mistresses. ( quebec girls the best)  if ur at the draft table

Stanley pc Will not make atrade ... as good as chia can be he can also be lousy. Hrs not much of a visionary he makes mistakes then attempts to correct then

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Some mock drafts to peruse. One of the mock ups have them drafting Boychuk's nephew, John Quennville (2nd cousin of Joel).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712649" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712649" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712649

-Gerry Dee

Here's  a good one for the 1s round:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think PC goes right-handed shot. It would be sweet if Alex Tuch or Josh HoSang dropped down to #25.

Here is  a lw possibility:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nikita-Scherbak

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stanley pls don't get upset but I will bet my house my wife and my 4 mistresses. ( quebec girls the best)  if ur at the draft table

Stanley pc Will not make atrade ... as good as chia can be he can also be lousy. Hrs not much of a visionary he makes mistakes then attempts to correct then

Marco you're on for the bet ...I will take only one of your mistresses at a time 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sherback looks very impressive ...tall , talented, very good hands ....interesting , thanks 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As the risk of being redundant, I don't think PC's drafting record is nearly as bad as others, and I think he's work in other areas has prevented some of his draftees from playing a lot more games.  You sign Torey Krug as an undrafted FA, and many games that guy has played have taken opportunities away from drafted D-men, like Hamilton, Trotman, Button etc.  Spooner is in the NHL this year on teams with less depth.

marco, I'd say Spooner is looking like a good pick at #45.  Seguin, although an easy one, was a good pick that continues to pay real dividends (three of Dallas' best draft picks are now ours).  Subban and Gothberg appear to be developing well in net.  A whole lot of incomplete grades here too.  Griffith and Koko had very good AHL seasons.

Man, I would like Tuch, or someone like that.  Trade for a D-man, draft a forward...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sherback looks very impressive ...tall , talented, very good hands ....interesting , thanks 

Sherman?  Wiley Sherman?  Are you driving 400 miles south to watch NE prep school games, or are you just reading his bio (tall...lol)?  

You don't know anything about 'Sherback', be honest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nikita-Scherbak" rel="nofollow">http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nikita-Scherbak

Did you catch this on that site?

"Would you like to write a player profile for any prospect that may be entering the 2014 NHL Draft? Email profiles of any player (even players not on our list) to our Webmaster. Credit will be given to the author of the profile."

Dear Lord.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nikita-Scherbak" rel="nofollow">http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Nikita-Scherbak 

Only got to see a few WHL games in Portland and Seattle this year, so I din't see him. Saw plenty of Tuch and HoSang. Forget about their skill...they will have great chemistry at team meetings LoL

There has been a lot of talk about Vrana at #25 but I think PC needs to go North America so he can fill his PBruins roster. It will be interesting to see what Chiarelli does with Trotman, Warsofsky and Fraser. Hope he keeps them for another year.

Sadly I think Sweethands departs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

First, the disclaimer - I haven't seen more than 6-7 periods of Jr. hockey this season so my shaky opinion is almost entirely based on scouting reports and YouTube videos.

Josh Ho-Sang seems like an immature dinkus with a chance of being a problem child for whomever drafts him. Really good upside but some risk. But I might take him if he's there at 25.

Scherbak I like a lot. Not sure he'd slip to 25. McInnis or Schmaltz would be nice picks if still on the board.

I'd like to see the B's go for a guy who is quick, shifty, slippery and able to create his own shot.  A guy who gets the opposing D running around a bit.  Most of those guys are likely off the board by the time the B's pick.  I hope the B's at least explore the possibility of making a deal to move up.

All that being said, PC will probably grap Markus Pettersson, a tall, Swedish D-man at 25.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Links keep disappearing. This site is awful now.

-Gerry Dee

[object HTMLDivElement] 

you our got it right Dez. Linkage makes BDC immobile. I am waiting for the draft and trade deadline etc. It will be an intriguing summer. The Cap pressures on the high end but the low end too. Someone will want a "character" player like Kelly! I will leave the draft picks to BDC gurus like chowdah et al! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I like mynhldraft it gives good depth features on the players and some good videos. I have a gut feeling this year pc does make a serious move at the draft, maybe 2, including moving up in the draft.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

What they could use is Shea Weber. Only 28 and was a force at the Olympics. They don't want to move him but...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Don't lie.  If you are going to make outlandish claims like this then how about some proof?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

As the risk of being redundant, I don't think PC's drafting record is nearly as bad as others, and I think he's work in other areas has prevented some of his draftees from playing a lot more games.  You sign Torey Krug as an undrafted FA, and many games that guy has played have taken opportunities away from drafted D-men, like Hamilton, Trotman, Button etc.  Spooner is in the NHL this year on teams with less depth.

marco, I'd say Spooner is looking like a good pick at #45.  Seguin, although an easy one, was a good pick that continues to pay real dividends (three of Dallas' best draft picks are now ours).  Subban and Gothberg appear to be developing well in net.  A whole lot of incomplete grades here too.  Griffith and Koko had very good AHL seasons.

Man, I would like Tuch, or someone like that.  Trade for a D-man, draft a forward...

Seguin was automatic that's why I did not mention him. .. for the record luck was on our side to get the second pick overall. Krug ok lets give him another year at least though to see if he maintains his pace.  Spoon hasn't proven anything yet il he does

Can't consider him a good one. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts