Next Up -- The Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Next Up -- The Draft

In response to marco0863's comment:

Spoon hasn't proven anything yet il he does

Can't consider him a good one. 

Can't consider him a miss either -- I think that's the point.  Too early to tell much of anything on most of the guys picked in the last 3-4 years, but Spooner has looked like he might pan out for a #45 pick and has played NHL games.

Hard not to consider Smith, Morrow, and Fraser related to PC's drafting record in some way, since he drafted the guy that he traded for them within a pretty short period.  I know Seguin was an easy pick, but still, it's part of the Chiarelli draft lot, literally.  You can't pick and choose which ones you want to count, and there have been busts at the #2 pick before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

I shouldnt talk about that but there is a chance tha Cam Neely invites me at the BRUINS table for the draft

Don't lie.  If you are going to make outlandish claims like this then how about some proof?

Not actually a lie.  He's talking about the buffet table at the nuthouse.  Part of the deal in Neely's restraining order was that Stanley could still mutter incoherently at the buffet table with the Bruins sticker on it as long as he keeps his diaper on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Sadly I think Sweethands departs.

I will shed a single tear in honour of him.......done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

marco, I'd say Spooner is looking like a good pick at #45.  

He was originally projected to go in the first round but injury troubles and a relatively strong draft class knocked him down. Glad PC was able to get him when he did, considering he went off the reservation with Jared Knight first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I have seen Brendan Lemieux and Ryan Donato play, obviously becsuse of their fathers, their names stick out on the program. The Donato kid has speed to burn and finishes, while the Lemieux kid it seemed every time he touched the puck others backed off. Good vision and hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I have seen Brendan Lemieux and Ryan Donato play, obviously becsuse of their fathers, their names stick out on the program. The Donato kid has speed to burn and finishes, while the Lemieux kid it seemed every time he touched the puck others backed off. Good vision and hands.

[object HTMLDivElement]

other prospects whose dads played in the nhl....  Sam Reinhart [dad Paul], Ryan Macinnis [Al], Josh Wesley [Glen], Dominic Turgeon [Pierre],  Daniel Audette [Donald], Ryan Mantha [Moe], Robbie Carpenter [Bobby], William Nylander [Michael] and Kasperi Kapanen [Sami]....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Whomever they pick, I hope the idea is to get someone who can help the team sometime soon.

Come on, Pete!  Don't waste the pick on an insurance policy like Subban!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Whomever they pick, I hope the idea is to get someone who can help the team sometime soon.

They have always said they will draft the best available player regardless of position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Wonder when/if we will see a "tank fest" next season for the gems in the 2015 draft; McDavid, Eichel & Hanifin.

Pretty interesting to see 2 Massachusetts kids projected in the top-3.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Wonder when/if we will see a "tank fest" next season for the gems in the 2015 draft; McDavid, Eichel & Hanifin.

People here love to talk about teams that peak too early.  I wonder if the Panthers tanked too early.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

People here love to talk about teams that peak too early.  I wonder if the Panthers tanked too early.

Top-5 picks in 5 of the last 6 years.  Seems like they will be good candidates for next year as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I'd like to see the B's go for a guy who is quick, shifty, slippery and able to create his own shot.  A guy who gets the opposing D running around a bit.  

[/QUOTE]

Players with this type of game from the OHL who might be available at the the 25th spot.

Nikolai Goldobin

Robby Fabri

Josh Ho-Sang

Erik Cornel ( not as slippery as the other 3 but is good with the puck )

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I see others who I like more then him as a first round possibility for the Bruins.

In my eyes his ranking as a first round prospect is because of .........being the benefactor of playing for a good team and the players who helped his game look better then what it really was.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Whomever they pick, I hope the idea from some fans is not to think they'll get someone who will help sometime soon with where they're picking.

Come on Nas ! Don't ruin a good thread with your stupid ideas on the draft and who they've picked in the past ! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

They have always said they will draft the best available player regardless of position.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good policy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Sherman?  Wiley Sherman?  Are you driving 400 miles south to watch NE prep school games, or are you just reading his bio (tall...lol)?  

You don't know anything about 'Sherback', be honest.

[/QUOTE]

If he was being honest it would include all prospects...........not just "Sherback".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I see others who I like more then him as a first round possibility for the Bruins.

In my eyes his ranking as a first round prospect is because of .........being the benefactor of playing for a good team and the players who helped his game look better then what it really was.

I only the Lemieux kid play one game in tournament in New Hampshire. From what I saw your 100% correct. On that team he was probably the 7th or 8th best player. I was actually scrambling for my program last night to see where the other kids were ranked.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Whomever they pick, I hope the idea from some fans is not to think they'll get someone who will help sometime soon with where they're picking.

It's what i'm rooting for though. When watching and then monitoring the PBruins, I like that "hope". To see a prospect have some good impact when they play during a call up.

I like to follow former Bruins prospects to see how they are doing after they leave. I would like to see Cunningham get a chance somewhere.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Would love PC to have that 3rd round pick back that he gave up in the Mezaros deal. 

Nice try, but a complete swing and miss on that deal.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's what i'm rooting for though. When watching and then monitoring the PBruins, I like that "hope". To see a prospect have some good impact when they play during a call up.

I like to follow former Bruins prospects to see how they are doing after they leave. I would like to see Cunningham get a chance somewhere.

I doubt there will be any "sometime soon" players with the 25th pick.

If it happens........... that player will have had to developed a ton over the next year or two to beat out what the Bruins and their farm team already have.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Shouldn't the Bs be looking for some kid to replace ST?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Shouldn't the Bs be looking for some kid to replace ST?

Give it a few minutes Stan will have a list of for you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

My PC Predictor (sorta like a Ouija board but with a modified hockey puck instead of that heart-shaped thingy) says he will draft a forward.

It looks like the draft, at least for the first round is deep in forwards and bereft of high-end D. After Ekblad who will go 1st or 2nd and Fleury and perhaps Honka who will be gone well before the B's pick, there isn't much left worth a 1st rounder IMO. So there will be no choice but to go with the best available forward. Unless PC decides that you can never have enough weirdo goalies in the pipeline and grabs Demko or that finnish kid Husso. Not likely because at least one of them will be around for the 2nd round pick.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

So there will be no choice but to go with the best available forward.

That appears to be the consensus. Exactly how one quantifies the "best available forward" is the real issue in my mind.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chemistry over skill i'm told. Gotta fit that "system" as well.

PS. Big hearts can actually propel you down the ice pretty good.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

• Sections
    Shortcuts