Next year could be the year that ends the Krecji vs. Bergeron debate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Next year could be the year that ends the Krecji vs. Bergeron debate

As a disclaimer, I'll say up front that I love both players for different reasons, but I can't count how many times the debate over which is the better player has popped up on this board.

However, it was never easy to compare the two given Bergeron's concussion that knocked him out for a year after his 70 point season, and the fact that Krecji has always had more skilled wingers vs. Bergeron's revolving door of linemates.

Next year, I think there is a good chance we get to see the KHL line still intact and Bergeron-Marchand-Seguin playing together at least for a bit.  For the first time, it would be hard to argue that one line is more offensively talented than the other.  Although it may take a while for them to gel, I think there is a chance that the Bergeron line outscores the KHL line if they are kept together. 

The two lines would be stylistically very different.  On on hand its Krecji - crafty pass first center, with Lucic and Horton -- bang bodies shoot first kind of guys.  On the other hand, is three players that can pass both pass and shoot the puck, intercept passes, and turn on the jets.

I can only hope that we get to watch that unfold, because if we had those two lines going the Bruins are going to be dangerous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Next year could be the year that ends the Krecji vs. Bergeron debate

at one point krejci was playin in between ryder and byron bitz...hes had his fair share of awful wingers. there shouldn't be a debate. bergeron is a phenomenal 2 way center, krejci is more an offensive center that doesn't sacrifice defense if that makes any sense. however krejci is your number 1, bergeron your number 2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci is better than Bergeron. Sorry Bergy but its the truth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Krecji had his breakout season playing with Wheeler and Ryder consistently, since then he has been above Bergeron on the depth chart (offensively) and has played with better wingers, and has has more consistency in terms of who he plays with.

He played with Bitz for a limited amount of time because of in injury or something right?

Regardless of the past there has been very little opportunity for apples to apples comparison.  When Krecji got hurt last year and Bergeron played with Lucic and Horton, he was a ppg player -- however too small a sample size to draw any conclusions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I can only hope that we get to watch that unfold, because if we had those two lines going the Bruins are going to be dangerous"

It will depend on the wingers for Bergeron as they have to stay consistent. Horton and Lucic have a a leg up playing a full season together, now considered veterans. Pouliot, Marchand and Peverley maybe even Sauve or Caron might be riding with Patrice if injuries hit the Bruins early.

Julien might keep Peverley and Kelly with Seguin because his defensive trust of Tyler still might be shaky. Back to Peverley, Marchand and Pouliot can they up their goal totals with consistency ? If that stalls because of chemistry it will be a merry go round on Bergeron's line. The KHL line will be allowed to go through slumps more than Patrice's.

PS. Bitz is not relevant he rode with Krejci because of injuries for a short period of time and because Glyder was too busy popping Wheels pimples in the locker room in 09'-10', 08'-09' was a different story for David's linemates.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

If Seguin progesses and is responsible enough defensively to play on that 2nd line, the Bruins top 6 forwards group will be as good as any in the league...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

In Response to Re: Next year could be the year that ends the Krecji vs. Bergeron debate:
    [QUOTE]"I can only hope that we get to watch that unfold, because if we had those two lines going the Bruins are going to be dangerous" It will depend on the wingers for Bergeron as they have to stay consistent. Horton and Lucic have a a leg up playing a full season together, now considered veterans. Pouliot, Marchand and Peverley maybe even Sauve or Caron might be riding with Patrice if injuries hit the Bruins early. Julien might keep Peverley and Kelly with Seguin because his defensive trust of Tyler still might be shaky. Back to Peverley, Marchand and Pouliot can they up their goal totals with consistency ? If that stalls because of chemistry it will be a merry go round on Bergeron's line. The KHL line will be allowed to go through slumps more than Patrice's. PS. Bitz is not relevant he rode with Krejci because of injuries for a short period of time and because Glyder was too busy popping Wheels pimples in the locker room in 09'-10', 08'-09' was a different story for David's linemates.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I think it will depend on if management makes a commitment from the beginning of the season to leave that line together and give them a chance to gel.  If they are still on the sit Seguin every time he makes a turnover strategy then it will indeed be a revolving door because I don't see anybody else on the team who would really make that line dangerous.

To that point, management needs to give the kid a chance and stop making him pay for every little mistake.  He can't be the only player on the team who gets benched or demoted every time he screws up.  Lucic makes stupid turnovers all the time, but he doesn't get sat down, and his positives outweigh his negatives.  I think the same would be the case with Seguin if given the chance.  I think Marchand is proof of how much of a role confidence plays with a young player.  The Bruins need to show some confidence in Tyler to really have him come into his own.

Put him with Bergy and Marchand and give them until January -- then decide what needs to be done.  We will be a playoff team, use the regular season to get that chemistry going

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Krecji vs Bergeron? That's like saying hey guys, who would you rather pork, Megan Fox or Britney Spears? How about this? They're both great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Krejci is stronger offensively and Bergeron is a stronger two way player but they each can handle both ends of the ice.  I think Bergy is a bit more of a leader but otherwise this is 1 and 1A. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Debate?  What debate? 

Oh, is this something you made up so you would have something to write about on an otherwise dull, very hot, day?

Anyway, I'm with CHARAWINS...What does it matter, they are both Bruins.  Debate over!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Next year could be the year that ends the Krecji vs. Bergeron debate:
    [QUOTE]Debate?  What debate?  Oh, is this something you made up so you would have something to write about on an otherwise dull, very hot, day? Anyway, I'm with CHARAWINS...What does it matter, they are both Bruins.  Debate over!
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it.  I saw the title of this thread and was like, "what debate"?  They are both fabulous players who are nearly indispensable to the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

What Im wondering is when is Savvy gonna retire so we can use the money to extend someone or do some deals?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Comparing the 2 is non productive. they are what they and are who they are and we dont win the cup without either guy. both players are not only best freinds but both are arguably the smartest centers in the game and more important clutch players. winners!'''''''Both players are untouchable trade wise''''''''

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I see no need for a Krecji/Bergeron debate

They're both awesome and they couldn't have won without either of them

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Please try to count them, because I don't remember any.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Only if Savard could come back to his old self for 3 or 4 years, then I would vote to trade DK, jus becaus bb woud have MS, PB and then the NEW list of up and and commers SEGUIN and company, but only becaue what DKcould get back as futures for BB.  Remember it's always about tomorrow. 

Imagine that us fans are now thinking about winning when it seemed so impossible

Thank you  BB of 2010/2011

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Krecji vs Bergeron? That's like saying hey guys, who would you rather pork, Megan Fox or Britney Spears? How about this? They're both great.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

britney spears in her prime. good example, britney spears today, bad example, she is average looking

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Megan Fox is way hotter than Brittany Spears.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

From comparing Krejci and Bergeron to Fox and Spears. Entertaining ! Which one of the Golden Girls is hotter ? I say Betty White.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]From comparing Krejci and Bergeron to Fox and Spears. Entertaining ! Which one of the Golden Girls is hotter ? I say Betty White.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Haha, Priceless!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

[QUOTE]Debate?  What debate?  Oh, is this something you made up so you would have something to write about on an otherwise dull, very hot, day? Anyway, I'm with CHARAWINS...What does it matter, they are both Bruins.  Debate over!
    Posted by dbg1[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Next year could be the year that ends the Krecji vs. Bergeron debate : Beat me to it.  I saw the title of this thread and was like, "what debate"?  They are both fabulous players who are nearly indispensable to the Bruins.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Lest we forget, Seguin's natural position is center. If we were to ask Julien to truly trust the kid, he'd be the 3rd line center and not riding shotgun with Bergeron and Marchand.

That said, and back to the discussion, I don't see a Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin line happening. I actually think Seguin will get his shot to center the 3rd line with some cagey vets in Kelly and Peverly by his side showing him the ropes. So to Bergeron, the revolving door of wingers might continue. My bet is Pouliot gets a shot at that wing, and will succeed, highlighting once again that Bergeron is the type of guy that makes everyone around him better.

If I had one shot - it would be Bergeron every day and twice on Sundays.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

I thought Caron looked at home there those few games he played with Bergeron early last year then slipped of the face of the earth into oblivion...he really didnt have that good of a year in the "A"....what happened? but I think he can rebound and further or consistently develop some chemistry with Bergie and March....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In fairness, there have been Bergeron v. Krejci debates, many of them clustered around the "arrival" of Seguin.  Generally the debate started with the proposition that Seguin would demand to be a centre, or that it would be the height of stupidity to take a nascent superstar and play him out of position, so the Bruins would have to trade one of Bergeron, Krejci, or Savard.  There were others based on Bergeron's cap hit - people saying you don't pay $5M for a two way third line centre.

I guess the only real reason to debate this is if you had to make a choice - say the new CBA comes back with a hard $45M Cap - who do you keep?