NHL Buyouts Could Prove Beneficial to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

NHL Buyouts Could Prove Beneficial to Bruins

There will be plenty of old star-powered NHL players available during the summer.

With all this buyout money in their pockets, don't you think some of them will have this in mind:  Now that I got my money, I want a Stanley Cup. Let's see, Bruins look like they can win again. Maybe I should take $600,000 from them and get my Stanley Cup Ring.

Jarome Iginla need not apply.

Super Powerhouse in the making?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: NHL Buyouts Could Prove Beneficial to Bruins

Kariya tried that and it blew up in his faces.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No.  Not at all.

These guys aren't any different than anyone else.  They're businessmen.  Who the heck is going to leave millions of dollars aside? 

Paul Kariya

Anyone else?

No. 

The theory of "He has enough money" is so disconnected.  Many of these guys have the opportunity to make sure generations down the line have no cares in the world.  "Player A, would you like to make sure your daughter's grandchildren never have to worry about money, or would you like to have a better chance to win the Cup?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

this idea is pretty crazy to me. Say player A is getting bought out of a 6 million dollar contract. so if its a compliance buy out he still gets 100% of that. Now he has an offer for 4 million, and will turn down that to get 600K from the bruins? So how is that different from one team offering him 10 million and the bruins offering him 6.6? he isn't taking that. 

Sections
Shortcuts