NHL Center Ice not free but pro-rated

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

NHL Center Ice not free but pro-rated

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-01-14/nhl-center-ice-free-gamecenter-price-schedule-2013-lockout-news

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nhlblog/nhl_offers_center_ice_package_at_pcEYI5reTfIXkHHhhdJC0O#axzz2HzNmBD00

PS. Yes I saw the SBNation reference!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: NHL Center Ice not free but pro-rated

Gamecenter at $12.50 a month rather $20.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wonder if it is still free for the first week as it usaully is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

For the first two weeks kel

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh cool and now I have NHL Network cause I finally kicked Time Warner to the curb and back to the best Direct TV. Never leaving her again...nope I mean it this time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...no real 'concession' by the League here...a 40% reduction of the full season price to see 58% of a full season of games.

(They offer 'Half Season' Packages in other years too)

Sorry, misread the rates...$49.95 for the 48 game season (full season = $199 here in Atlantic Canada) represents about a 43% reduction for the 48 games...THAT'S more like it. (I need to check with Rogers though)

Oh well, game on!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to red75's comment:

For the first two weeks kel

That is true, and I'm pretty sure it's free again when baseball starts up, I remember gettign the baseball package free at the beginning last year and hockey was with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Oh cool and now I have NHL Network cause I finally kicked Time Warner to the curb and back to the best Direct TV. Never leaving her again...nope I mean it this time.

I agree. I`m in Va. and have had Direct Tv for about 8 years. Aside from losing the signal every once in a while during a rainstorm, it`s the best TV hands down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

TWC is a pain in wallet.... so are the other cable companies.  Is Direct TV worth the two year commitment?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

TWC is a pain in wallet.... so are the other cable companies.  Is Direct TV worth the two year commitment? 

Yes becuase if you move to a area, within that 2 year span,  that say doesn't allow a dish on the building you can get out of the contract. Plus any Bruin game that happens to be on NHL Network gets removed from NHL Center Ice so having Direct TV is another plus. Paying for the upgrade to get NHL Network also gets you CBS College Sports Network (College hockey on Friday's) and NBC Sports Network muy bueno.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Love DirectTV...however, I am very unhappy that NHL Network is part of one of the most expensive monthly packages(Choice Ultimate) they have to offer at $44.99 per month. It is TOTAL BS that it is so high since they offer the same type of programming as the other league's similar networks.

Just for comparison sake, the NFL Network and MLB Network are two levels down as part of the Choice package at $34.99 month.  NBAtv is part of Choice Extra at $39.99 per month.  The NHL needs to get with the program and put the games and highlights on many flat screens as possible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Luc that was dirty pool when the demand for certain sports channels went up, Direct TV took NHL Network out of the basic package and made you pay. We know the drill, "gouge the consumer!" as the CEO puffs on his cigar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I suspect that there is more demand for the NFL Network than the NHL Network.  It seems that the NFL has mastered the art of Econ. 101 and getting its product out to the masses.  At an extra 120/yr. I will not be upgrading my DirectTv package to get the NHLN.  So sad. 

Sections
Shortcuts